F1 Driver Salaries: Hamilton Top With $57,000,000 Deal

well, what can I say,
it sounds crazy, but if you compare that to something like top NFL player ( where NFL is really only properly popular in USA only ) - which is $76,000,000 , or compare that to Robert Downey Jr, who takes $81 mil ... what a great world we are living in

and very sad if we compare it to a world where Nurse that saves life if such driver/actor/player has accident earns $70k

slightly off topic but just to emphasis the great world we live in:

and very sad if we compare it to a world where Nurse that saves life if such driver/actor/player has accident earns $70k

My wife is a nurse and you can devide the 70k easy by two. (in the Netherlands). So 35K a year. Or she asked her HR dept to split the salary and send it to another account :O_o:.

==
The top 3-4 drivers get a lot of money but I guess with all the merchandise the sales teams earn it back easily within a couple of weeks/months? Good ROI?

Only experienced drivers really wins money in f1 : you need to pay your seat when you begin. I agree that these amount of cash look insane but we talk about 15-20 persons of 7Giga, and only 3-4 of them are competing for world champion title : talent/exception has got a price and this price is linked to the cash generated by this economic system.
Moreover F1 drivers are gladiators of modern era : death is around every corner...and closer when verstappen/ocon are just behind you :D

Last edited:
yeah guys, I don't want to question if they deserve it or not :) but I find it extremly safe that things like Nurses, Firefighters, Police, are sometimes paid really badly, ( which - in case of police - opens up door for corruption )

but sure, it's market, they get the money becasue they make more in return

slightly off topic but just to emphasis the great world we live in:

Thanks for the intro :barefoot:

Obscene is the money Governments rake in from sports betting, booze, smokes, lottery, poker machines etc etc and how little they give back to Community including Hospitals while at the same time telling everyone how bad these habits are ......... :rolleyes:

Okay got that off my chest back on topic

This kind of thing just shows one of the many things that are wrong with this world. No matter who someone is, what they do, or how good they do it, nobody is ever worth over $50,000,000. Ever. What a total waste of money that could be far better spent doing something useful that benefits more than just 2-3 "elite" people. Makes me sick, quite frankly. (And yes, this is an opinion I apply to all sports and also "proper" jobs too.)

This does however raise a question which has probably been discussed but that I've missed somewhere. Are driver wages part of a team's expenses which would fall under a budget cap? If so then I hope the top guys are getting prepared for their pay being cut to a paltry and practically poverty inducing $10,000,000 or so. The teams will need the rest for car development.

These kinds of comments "but teachers, nurses", "it's not fair" are so damn stupid I cant even put an effort to answer....
Just put something in your heads... it's not about being fair, it's about if it makes sense. You have millions of eyeballs watching those guys... that should be enough to understand that it makes sense, right?
I think it's stupid to pay someone that much, but come on... grow up a bit.

These kinds of comments "but teachers, nurses", "it's not fair" are so damn stupid I cant even put an effort to answer....
Just put something in your heads... it's not about being fair, it's about if it makes sense. You have millions of eyeballs watching those guys... that should be enough to understand that it makes sense, right?
I think it's stupid to pay someone that much, but come on... grow up a bit.
I think it comes down to the benefit for the wider good.

With that said inequality will always be there, fact.

I think it comes down to the benefit for the wider good.

With that said inequality will always be there, fact.
Best part is that many that think that way will throw money at someone playing video games all day and collectively contribute to make that person get more money than these fundamental professions they defended so much :roflmao:
Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

PS: my mother is a nurse, my sister is a teacher. Both should earn more yes, no doubt.
Me... I'm studying to sit down in front of a computer all day watching Forex charts to make more money in 2 or 3 days (or even 1!) than they make in a month.

Best part is that many that think that way will throw money at someone playing video games all day and collectively contribute to make that person get more money than these fundamental professions they defended so much :roflmao:
Jackie-Chan-WTF.jpg

PS: my mother is a nurse, my sister is a teacher. Both should earn more yes, no doubt.
Me... I'm studying to sit down in front of a computer all day watching Forex charts to make more money in 2 or 3 days (or even 1!) than they make in a month.
If you're looking into CFD's then good luck.
Should be some nice movements in Sterling as we reach closer to the Brexit window.
If it's structured FX, there are some complex derivatives; throw some Python coding into the mix

There's so many things wrong with this life and it doesn't start with F1 salaries . Question ,with all that big money how many of these drivers give back to society?

Bizarre amounts of money are spent on athletes contracts and the money they will earn next year will go up for sure. But in the end it comes down to this, they are payed from products or services that are basically to expensive. Otherwise companies can't pay these ridiculous amounts of money, doubt that Mercedes sells 100.000 more cars because Hamilton became WC again, after spending about half a billion dollars per year on just a 2 car raceteam. But that's an whole other story and here is not really the place to talk about it.
Just Hamilton makes almost half the money of Williams total budget for a year. Put him in a Williams car and he will be a backmarker driver, no matter how hard he pushes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 201 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%