F1 | Driver of the Year: Vote Now

Everyone Driver of the Year Robert Kubica he drive it one arm he deserve
1 point due to a disqualification of car ahead. And one point from you that is 2 points. The next team up was HASS with 28 points that is 26 points more. Nothing personnel about the man nice guy but there are better drivers that could do more in even in a the Williams. They just have less experience. or money.

At least he kept his drive. Just know him as the wild guy with the worst hair cut.
The lad drives a Alfa Romeo and finish all races... this is the ultimate race driver achievement... worth more than the Triple Crown... unless the TC is won with Alfa cars.

I am not Lewis fanboy but 18% is a insult
If he wins 2020 he would have won through all car and rule changes
and no one can do that ever again
He can't win with an Alfa Romeo.

I hesitated a bit... I was tempted to pick Albon, simply for jumping to RBR in his rookie season and looking real good next to Verstappen (no small feat.) But I went with Hamilton. Not my favorite driver and I find him as phony as a $3 bill when he's in front of a microphone. However, he won a 6th WDC and he was on his game all year, as opposed to previous seasons when he occasionally went through a slump. This season, he was pretty much faultless. Yes, he has the best car... But he drives it with great control and maturity and even I, who is not a fan, must acknowledge greatness when I see it.

Rookie of the year: Lando Norris. Great driver and a breath of fresh air in the stuffy, P.R. obsessed world of F1. Albon, as I said, impressed me a lot, and so did Russell.

Underrated drivers of the year: Perez and Sainz.

Drivers who have no business in F1: Stroll and Grosjean.

Mystery of the year: Vettel. Does he still really like F1? The jury's out.

Underachiever of the year: Bottas. All that talk of a "new, meaner Bottas" at the Australian GP was pretty quickly forgotten... At least Rosberg could get under Hamilton's skin once in a while. Bottas is the good 2nd driver, like Barrichello was to Schumacher. He'll never threaten the boss, he'll go with team orders and do the job. Yawn!

I hesitated a bit... I was tempted to pick Albon, simply for jumping to RBR in his rookie season and looking real good next to Verstappen (no small feat.) But I went with Hamilton. Not my favorite driver and I find him as phony as a $3 bill when he's in front of a microphone. However, he won a 6th WDC and he was on his game all year, as opposed to previous seasons when he occasionally went through a slump. This season, he was pretty much faultless. Yes, he has the best car... But he drives it with great control and maturity and even I, who is not a fan, must acknowledge greatness when I see it.

Rookie of the year: Lando Norris. Great driver and a breath of fresh air in the stuffy, P.R. obsessed world of F1. Albon, as I said, impressed me a lot, and so did Russell.

Underrated drivers of the year: Perez and Sainz.

Drivers who have no business in F1: Stroll and Grosjean.

Mystery of the year: Vettel. Does he still really like F1? The jury's out.

Underachiever of the year: Bottas. All that talk of a "new, meaner Bottas" at the Australian GP was pretty quickly forgotten... At least Rosberg could get under Hamilton's skin once in a while. Bottas is the good 2nd driver, like Barrichello was to Schumacher. He'll never threaten the boss, he'll go with team orders and do the job. Yawn!
Don't think anyone can break it down better.

Suprised Vettel has got less votes than Lewis....or is it too obvious?
Why would he? The mistakes he made during this season whenever he was under pressure were barely worthy of a rookie, let alone a four time world champion. In contrast, Hamilton has just wont a sixth championship with barely any driving mistakes at all.

Who got the most from their car?
Your question contradicts the argument you're trying to make. Getting the "most from your car" is not necessarily measured in terms of podiums and victories. I would argue that it's the midfielders battling each other to the line every race that are getting the most from their cars, not the front-runners that have a massive pace advantage.

Anyone other than Lewis, Max or Carlos and your just bias or just trolling.
That's a pretty dumb thing to say. Just because others may not judge drivers performances on the same criteria as you, it does not make them biased in any way. The votes for Norris are a perfect example. He hasn't won and he hasn't scored a lucky podium, but he's had an excellent rookie season that is definitely worthy of note.

Personally, I think those who are not voting for the "obvious" choices are those that have actually bothered to watch the races. In other words, they're voting based on what they've seen, instead of on nothing more than official stats and numbers.

Why would he? The mistakes he made during this season whenever he was under pressure were barely worthy of a rookie, let alone a four time world champion. In contrast, Hamilton has just wont a sixth championship with barely any driving mistakes at all.

Your question contradicts the argument you're trying to make. Getting the "most from your car" is not necessarily measured in terms of podiums and victories. I would argue that it's the midfielders battling each other to the line every race that are getting the most from their cars, not the front-runners that have a massive pace advantage.

That's a pretty dumb thing to say. Just because others may not judge drivers performances on the same criteria as you, it does not make them biased in any way. The votes for Norris are a perfect example. He hasn't won and he hasn't scored a lucky podium, but he's had an excellent rookie season that is definitely worthy of note.

Personally, I think those who are not voting for the "obvious" choices are those that have actually bothered to watch the races. In other words, they're voting based on what they've seen, instead of on nothing more than official stats and numbers.
OK Ross :thumbsup:

Why not say Hulkenberg or Kimi since people like to vote with their Hearts and not the facts....Suprised Vettel has got less votes than Lewis....or is it too obvious?

Who got the most from their car?

Anyone other than Lewis, Max or Carlos and your just bias or just trolling.

Good thing drivers dont gain points based on polls.

I am surprised Vettel got any vote at all. Even he, I bet, is aware that he had a very bad season. To be fair, the whole Ferrari team was a major disappointment, especially compared to the ruthless efficiency of Mercedes.

Who got the most from their car? I pick Sainz (who’s maturing nicely), Perez and even the two Toro Rosso drivers for getting on the podium once each.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back