F1 2020 F1 Custom Livery help

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)
Hey all! I'm currently making a custom livery for my 2020 F1 game and I'm having a issue where I try to put carbon on the livery, It makes it white toned, but everything else is looking normal and how it should, any help would be highly apperciated. Also, It Is a replace for the racenet livery, the _s file Is filled with green, thanks!

Have you edited the decals at all?
Make sure those have a black background and a proper alpha channel as any mistake with them will affect your livery appearance.
I'd also make sure the .dds format you are saving is correct.

Have you edited the decals at all?
Make sure those have a black background and a proper alpha channel as any mistake with them will affect your livery appearance.
I'd also make sure the .dds format you are saving is correct.
Hey, Thanks for the reply. I changed it to black where the Carbon fiber is. Didnt work, the .dds is being exported through paint.net and photoshop, I get the same issue.

Hey, Thanks for the reply. I changed it to black where the Carbon fiber is. Didnt work, the .dds is being exported through paint.net and photoshop, I get the same issue.

ok, I'm talking about the decals file not the livery file.

livery = base paint file (usually)
decal = sponsors file

If there is an issue with the decals file it tends to do what you are describing of making everything white. Usually b/c the alpha channel is not correct. If you didn't edit it then ignore what I'm saying, just trying to troubleshoot.

What livery are you editing? I believe some FOM liveries have "m" files that are tied to color customization in-game that could also be your problem but I'm not sure.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back