F1 considering an end to its misogynistic grid girls feature

Formula 1's new owners are looking into whether the sport should continue to use 'grid girls'.

Ross Brawn, F1 managing director of motorsports, said the use of female promotional models is a "delicate topic" which is "under strong review".

"We're trying to respect all parties," Brawn told BBC Radio 5 live.

Source

Well, in my opinion, 20 years too late is better than never.

F1 in 2018, the pinnacle of motorsport.
Now with Halo & Grid boys. Enjoy !
[sarcasm off]

I understand where the base argument is coming from, but it does not only take a job away from women.The common tone is: everybody is equal, despite sex or race. FIA trying to be political correct and doing it wrong.

They should really focus on what to do for the core of the sport and keep away from these topics that waste time.

The objectifying thing is a pathetic excuse, the girls/women actively choose the 'job' themselves, they're not forced. They like the attention (and money) and fans like looking at them - win win?

I don't agree that it's misogynistic, but at the same time I don't care whether it's there or not, as it doesn't add anything to my viewing of the sport.

It's actually the kind of fans that are mainly lured by these things to watch F1 in the first place, that we need to get rid of - the lowest common denominator.

Like I said previously.............pathetic. More women who wanted the work, enjoyed the work and are now out of work because of feminists and the pc brigade. The world is going down the pan.

Like I said previously.............pathetic. More women who wanted the work, enjoyed the work and are now out of work because of feminists and the pc brigade. The world is going down the pan.
Losing one days work a year isn't going to kill these women. Nothing stopping the teams from hiring as many promotional models (male or female) as they want to stand around looking pretty, just F1 itself isn't going to continue the archaic practice of having girls standing around on the grid and podium pathway applauding etc for no reason other than being arm/eye candy.

Personally I think a mixture of grid girls, grid boys and grid kids all wearing official team/circuit/organising body uniform like any one else involved would be the way to go, but if it's just going to go away entirely who gives a toss. There to watch the cars not coo over someones body, on which note I think a lot of heterosexual men would change their tune about grid models if all of them were hunky men in skin-tight latex...

Yep, thank God for that, it was disgusting and such a... primitive ritual on the first place ! :cautious:

f1-brazilian-gp-2017-grid-girl.jpg

Oh sweet God !!! :confused:
0172358ee7daaef70bdd4f4b784aa76aa7ee1898_128.gif

Agreed with above. Goddamn feminists! What has the world become, a bunch of dumbass nutcases who gets offended with everything in the world?! FFS, its a grid girl, not a fecking prostitute!
Sorry for the 'rant', but this has gone too far. We need someone with power and balls in F1 to say 'feck off' to the feminists and instead of dressing the girls in spandex, they should wear bikinis instead. Just to piss people off.

Are all the posts on this thread by different people or did Jeremy Clarkson just create himself lots of different accounts then just post the same stuff over and over again using each of them?!

Did anybody ask the girls what they thought?
I'm a man.
I like women.
I like the way they look.
I like the way they smell.
I like the way they feel.
I like everything about them.
Sorry if that offends.
Just because they're there, doesn't mean they'll sleep with you.
It's just motorsport...nice cars and nice looking women.
Get over it.

I think you misunderstand the meaning of the word "misogyny". Perhaps you should check out a dictionary before using big words on the interwebs.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back