F1 cockpit build suggestions..

After years of struggling with a pad and a wheel mounted on a desk, I finally decided to make my own F1 cockpit.
I have a few ideas on how to start but I would like to know if there is anybody here who has done something like this before ? My main goal is to make a cockpit that starts from where the fish-bones go into the nose down to the air-intake. I might make the side-pods as well but I will make up my mind when it gets to that point.
Any input is appreciated and some suggestions on what kind of a wheel I should use.

This is what I have in mind, the specs are from 2009.

I will keep this thread updated as soon as there are updates of course.

Bodnar wheel, with a proper F1 rim on it, definitely.
A set of proper pedals, either a real set or a purpose built simracing set, like this one:
V1-GP-pedals-9.jpg

For any serious input, budget would be good info to have ;)

Upvote 0
@ Roadster-2 and PahaMaku Thanks for the sites they will come in handy.

@ William I looked at the Bodnar wheel but they are a bit too much it has to stay within the acceptable factor. So I might go with a T500 and the F1 rim but I am going to build it into the cockpit so you won't see the plastic cover.
Or maybe one of the members has something for sale ?

Upvote 0
@ Roadster-2 and PahaMaku Thanks for the sites they will come in handy.

@ William I looked at the Bodnar wheel but they are a bit too much it has to stay within the acceptable factor. So I might go with a T500 and the F1 rim but I am going to build it into the cockpit so you won't see the plastic cover.
Or maybe one of the members has something for sale ?

I've got a T500 with a modded F1 rim for sale :)

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/for-sale-swaps.16693/page-28#post-1398696

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back