F1 | Chinese Grand Prix 'Postponed' Due to Coronavirus Outbreak

No sense in tempting fate.
With that many deaths, you'd want to keep large gatherings to a minimum anyway.
They could stick Turkey back on the calendar temporarily.
It is at the gateway.

So they don't trust the self-proclaimed World Surgeon General about the virus getting killed by April.

This is the only realistic decision and let's hope that things do not get worse in Vietnam by then.

It was the right decision to do this with over 50,000 cases in China of the virus its better to play it safe and halt the event as for the Hanoi event I would be monitoring that right now, I would say if it reaches 1000 cases I would put Hanoi on notice of postponement but if it exceeds 10,000 cases I would postpone Hanoi as well

It may seem a bit radical but Wuhan is 1358km from Hanoi while Shanghai is closer at 838.8km

I think 50,000 death cases (yes, deaths) is serious reason to keep such large events away from Asia, not just China.
You might have meant 50k infections. But actually it more like 50 000 deaths, if leaked data reported 25 000 deaths weeks ago. I'm not buying for a second the official data.

I think 50,000 death cases (yes, deaths) is serious reason to keep such large events away from Asia, not just China.
You might have meant 50k infections. But actually it more like 50 000 deaths, if leaked data reported 25 000 deaths weeks ago. I'm not buying for a second the official data.
In EU they announce that the percentage of those who die from this virus is like 2%. Some news agencies say it's even less, like less that 1%. If it was only 1% then it makes no sense for China to quarantine entire cities and completely shut down their industry.
Obviously there's something bigger going on there and we will probably never know. It would cause huge panic and even worse....another global financial crisis. Plus, China is under communism, and communists never tell the truth until it's too late or impossible to hide it.

In EU they announce that the percentage of those who die from this virus is like 2%. Some news agencies say it's even less, like less that 1%. If it was only 1% then it makes no sense for China to quarantine entire cities and completely shut down their industry.
Obviously there's something bigger going on there and we will probably never know. It would cause huge panic and even worse....another global financial crisis. Plus, China is under communism, and communists never tell the truth until it's too late or impossible to hide it.
because what is the national pastime of China - being healthy, that's why you see middle aged and elderly people group excersise in parks and we don't see that in the west. They buy fresh foods at wet markets when the west buy overpriced "organic" foods

Remember in 1993 when the track in Ieda was not ready. They went to Donnington park. A sub track oranged at the last minute. It was one of the best. Wet to dry conditions and Senna made like 3 pit stops for tires and won it. :confused::cool:

US admin believes the # of cases is above 100k in China alone... I'd say it's just politics but the fact that some journalists that tried to alert about the virus simply disappeared... and Chinese govt tried to hide the issue for more than a month... this will be interesting
Wonder if the olympics will be cancelled too

US admin believes the # of cases is above 100k in China alone... I'd say it's just politics but the fact that some journalists that tried to alert about the virus simply disappeared... and Chinese govt tried to hide the issue for more than a month... this will be interesting
Wonder if the olympics will be cancelled too
And what is the US admin belief about cases on the American soil? And what are the prevention measures taken within USA? It's easy to judge what others do, especially with a short memory (eg the years of inaction against AIDS). Meanwhile there are millions of guys in quarantine, hospitals built in a fortnight and industrial plants converted to produce individual prevention equipments. Just pray that the virus does not really spread in countries that are unable to do that, and there are many.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back