F1: Charlie Whiting Dies Age 66

last night was a weird night for me , and then i heard this news in the morning, rest in peace.
don't know if anyone else can be that calm and reasonable in the time of tensions ...
also here is a great art work tribute by : lollipopmancomics

Saw a beautiful response to that comic over on Reddit;

"I like the idea that all these F1 legends have all been at the pub, waiting for ages to have a race, but nobody would run it. Then Charlie rocks up and they all go "Charlie!" in unison."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/formula1/comments/b10l5o/in_f1_heaven/eiijikh/

This one man was a team of at least 10 people rolled into 1, he was an engineer, he was a race director, he knew how to enforce the rules, he was a driver to FIA Liaison, he was a track safety officer and more, the FIA has lost a remarkable person....how can the FIA find someone to do what Charlie did, his job was so special it will take a team to do it now rather than just 1 person....

He started 399 races as Race Director from 1997 Australian Grand Prix to the 2018 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the 2019 Australian Grand Prix would have been his 400th race director start, sadly he passed away 3 days before he could be there and I assume who ever wins will dedicate the victory to him....

Rest in Peace Charlie Whiting 12th August 1952 - 14th March 2019

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back