F1 Challenge graphic glitch

Hi , i have problem with LCD on one side of the wheel it shows car status , on the other side it shows lap times and there are purple and pink lines going through it, i have it on win 10, iam using dgvoodoo2, combatibilty is set on win 95/98 and its run as an administrator

Any help will be appreciated.

Last edited:
the solution to the f1 challenge 99-02 steering wheel display screen bug/fail/error
(pink mark, half works and half frozen, static)
:

-open the "3DConfig.exe" file that is in the game folder.
-Choose a resolution of "32 bits" ... the one that suits you ...
-save all (do not use "benchmark" in mode advanced, in 3dconfig)

This will match your monitor and fix the image on the steering wheel screen.

and the FULL solution:

CONFIGURATION OF F1C 99-02 BEFORE STARTING FOR THE FIRST TIME:

1) First open your "my documents" folder and check if a f1 challenge folder has been created there,
if that's the case, delete it!
(from Windows Vista, f1 challenge will create a configuration folder there if I FORGOT to set RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR rights, AND COMPATIBILITY WITH WIN XP)

2) Now you have to right click on ALL game EXE (F1 Challenge 99-02.exe, 3DConfig.exe, etc ... ALL)
to enable 2 things:
- Windows XP sp2 compatibility mode (can also try win7)
- check admin rights (activate them)

3) Then restart 3DConfig.exe with any 32-bit and NOT 16-bit resolution (ex: 1366x768, 32 bit, 60hz), DO NOT USE V-SYNC, AND DO NOT RUN BENCHMARK. (do it in your nvidia / amd config).

4) run F1 Challenge 99-02.exe and verify ... that everything is fine, and that no folders appear in "my documents". (also check that the LCDs of the cars work well)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back