F1 Canadian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

...lets all parrot “again made a mistake under pressure” and now think how stupid that actually sounds if you really think about what you are saying, yes stupid and you’ll realize why when you bother to put some genuine thought to it.

That's beyond me at this time of the morning.

*strains.... *

Nope. I still can't get it.

There are many drivers in F1 who has got penalty for unsafe return to the track and why should Seb not get penalty also especially when you can see from on-board video that he turns to the right with the purpose to block Hamilton. I am not fan of Hamilton but look on-board video how he avoids accident by judging how dirty Vettel is based to experience from before.
Rules are rules and they are to everybody also to the race leader.

When Sebastian Vettel is voted as driver of the day it is a joke and shows how little knowledge people has to the rules and F1 racing and it is good that judges discovers dirty moves like Sebastian did in Canada.

Driver of the day is Lewis Hamilton without no doubt.:thumbsup:
He turned to the right to prevent his car from crashing (did you ever have to correct an oversteer and what direction did you turn your wheel in that case?). I do not think he could have returned to the track in another (safer) way. Maybe 'leaving the track and gaining an advantage' (even when that was not the case) would have been a better penalty and having to let Hamilton pass, instead of the 5s penalty that destroyed the race. At least we would have seen a fight between Hamilton and Vettel then. Now Hamilton just had to make sure to keep the gap under 5s. He may have said in the interviews after the race that he tried to overtake Vettel, but we all know... that is just a lie. Why should he risk a certain victory?

And about knowing the rules... there are too many. #letthemdrive

He turned to the right to prevent his car from crashing (did you ever have to correct an oversteer and what direction did you turn your wheel in that case?). I do not think he could have returned to the track in another (safer) way. Maybe 'leaving the track and gaining an advantage' (even when that was not the case) would have been a better penalty and having to let Hamilton pass, instead of the 5s penalty that destroyed the race. At least we would have seen a fight between Hamilton and Vettel then. Now Hamilton just had to make sure to keep the gap under 5s. He may have said in the interviews after the race that he tried to overtake Vettel, but we all know... that is just a lie. Why should he risk a certain victory?

And about knowing the rules... there are too many. #letthemdrive

There is no oversteering and there is no need to turn wheel to the right, I am not Hamilton fan just to be clear.

There is no oversteering and there is no need to turn wheel to the right, I am not Hamilton fan just to be clear.
Looking at the video a couple of times, I have to agree with you that there was no oversteering. But I still think Vettel did not try to block Hamilton intentionally and still think he was trying to save the car. And... I am no Vettel fan, just to be clear.;)

Even though a driver messed up under pressure??? Other raced without such errors Wow!!!!. Reverse the situation and the driver leading this poll will still top the poll.

Take your red shades off guys!

oakley-turbine-ferrari-sunglasses-ruby-iridium-lens-black-red-EV305858-0000-2.jpg

Last edited:
Lewis. He didn't put a foot wrong. Put in some fast laps once he went onto the hards. Reduced a 4sec(ish) gap to Vettel and heaped pressure onto him, till the former multiple champ bottled it once again and went off track. True he benefited from a harsh but fair penalty but that was hardly Lewis' fault. Easy driver of the day for me. Honorable mention to Stroll to finish p9.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Vettel seems to be a victim of his own mental state of mind. He's quick if everything is going right for him, but if he is under any pressure he just seems to crack, sooner or later. There are too many examples for this not to be the case :O_o:

You can't make Vettel driver of the day as he cracked under pressure again, which then led to all of the trouble.
Also Vettel needs to pick up all his toys and put them back in his pram.

Unfortunately, Vettel seems to be a victim of his own mental state of mind. He's quick if everything is going right for him, but if he is under any pressure he just seems to crack, sooner or later. There are too many examples for this not to be the case :O_o:
Yes, mostly when he is under pressure from clearly faster car at the moment (talking about stint on hard tyres). But, to be honest, except MSC-ALO in Imola 2005/2006 I don't remember anyone staying ahead without issues. Except Max in Spain 2016. But my mind probably erased a lot after Baku 2017 (waiting to long to give penalty) and this Sunday.
I agree that he is victim of state of mind. But that state of mind is a result of having to live under big domination of other team. Something like that Lewis experienced before coming to Merc, and he was all over the place at the time, but he had opportunity to learn. And he managed to learn, especially when moving to Merc where they recognized how it should be done with drivers and that's when he improved. But even now you can see that those few times that he didn't have fastest car and he lost, his mind quickly went to bad place.

In the end, they are all humans, although Merc tries to make a robot of Lewis (I still hope they will fail), :D and humans do and should make errors (that's what makes us human). And all of that is what makes racing great, but with to much rules related to driving/cars they took over a lot of racing from us.:( Now let's turn to some better stuff, next week Le Mans, and week after Nordschleife. :thumbsup:

Nice post :thumbsup: I agree, Vettel is not alone in his mental weakness. It's interesting to see how Hamilton seems to suffer from 'mind over matter' when he is behind other and struggling - he almost seems to give up, or convince himself that he can't catch them. And Vettel seems to suffer when he is in front of others - like the pressure of staying ahead becomes too great for him to cope with.

I bet a psychologist would have a wonderful time analysing them all :laugh:

It's interesting to see how Hamilton seems to suffer from 'mind over matter' when he is behind other and struggling - he almost seems to give up, or convince himself that he can't catch them.
I think we saw a bit of that already in Monaco and a few other races when Hamilton started complaining a lot over the radio that his tires were giving up on him or his car was not perfect. But he has always pulled it off until now, which makes him the great driver he is and one of the greatest ever (I'm not a fan though). But.. would that be the same if he did not have the best car on the grid already for that many years? We will know as soon as the Mercedes' dominance will end (soon I hope!:D) and he will be in the same situation as Vettel and Verstappen were in for the last couple of years. And Vettel is under much more pressure now than Verstappen is. Everyone expected Ferrari and Vettel to fight for the championship this year. That is not the case for Red Bull and Verstappen, since they still don't have the package yet to challenge them on most tracks. On only a few tracks Red Bull is really competitive, which is not enough to challenge Hamilton for the title.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back