F1: Button Pushing for Closed Cockpits

Couldn't care less about this debacle. F1 died with Senna in 1994. Every year has been gradually boring on F1 ever since. Can't even watch it anymore without falling asleep after half a dozen laps.

I was just sitting here wondering which type of wipers they'll use exactly. We've seen how many visors rip-offs the drivers use during races, so obviously the canopies or whatever will intercept all this dirt and more. And also when it rains... In either scenario, visibility will become a lot less.

Clearly this concept needs a helluva lot of thinking through - you don't want something that will cause more dangers than those it prevents. If this part can be solved, then it's a no-brainer.

@aka2k if safety makes F1 boring for you, then maybe it isn't the sport for you.

what about instead of a canopy, a tube cage like offroad buggy's use? This would mean there's no problem with picked up dirt or rain whilst still protecting the driver from large pieces of debris. Obviously this would seriously affect aero, but I'm sure the engineers could come up with something pretty efficient and if it's mandatory then it's a level playing field.

@Ho3n3r

If I fall asleep within a couple of laps, definitely it's not my sport. Can't watch a sport for being safe. Don't want to see drivers dying - that's how F1 died in 1994 - but I'm sure safety can't the first and foremost reason for a sport. Otherwise, if safety was the most important thing, I'd watch people playing chess. Well... I was going to say curling at first, but that's actually a pretty fun sport.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back