F1 @ British GP - Tuesday June 15th, 2010

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT US-F1

Class: 2007 Formula 1 League Edition
Track:
British GP
Weather: Dry

Start Time: 21:45 EST / 18:45 WST / 01:45 GMT (Sunday)

Practice: open server

Qualification: 15mins (21:45 EST)
Warmup: 10mins
Race: 2x16 laps

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system - read more here

You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident including a youtube video. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

In case you haven't noticed, I have been trying to mix things up a bit and trying some different mods, which haven't gotten so much attention in the ARC just yet. This time I have something special for you all. The excellent 2007 Formula 1 cars by Mak-Corp on the legendary British Gran Prix circuit of Silverstone. This is a very fast track with several blind corners. Get ready to strap in for one hell of a ride!

Don't let there lap times scare you. During the short testing session tonight I was a couple of seconds slower than the slowest driver in the vid. :)

Entry List:

1. Stefan Werner
  2. Glenn Peterson
  3. William Nowell
  4. Lazlo Acera
  5. Sam Ventura
  6. Don Davis
  7. Eric Dennis
  8. Claudio Caferri
  9. Eric Kaczmarek
  10. Yves Larose
  11. Rafael Barbosa
  12. driver
  13. driver
  14. driver
  15. driver
  16. driver
  17. driver
  18. Dave Stephenson (maybe)
  19. Will Marquez (maybe)
  20. Eric Estes (maybe)

Holy "Hang on to your jockstrap, Batman!". Just did a few laps and what a trip! This is going to be fun.
A request though: Any F1 'experts' that can share some setups? These haven't been offered up yet in the ARC side, yet. Any assistance to help us mortals handle these cars easier may increase participation. Just a thought.

Yes, I think this track would be well suited to some GT action.

On another note, make sure you do not practice in Time Attack mode. For some reason grip levels are much much lower in time attack with this mod. Just for an example I am 20 seconds slower in time attack than regular practice using Will's quali setup.

Dave Stephenson

RaceDepartment Technical Administrator
Staff
Premium
ASlso be warned that this track has a very high grip level, it is boosted in the tracks files to above the normal 1.0 level that most tracks use. You will have much less grip when you take these cars elsewhere.

Sam Ventura

100RPM
Put me down and of course I have my meeting until 9pm so I will be running a little late. Maybe next month or in a few weeks you guys should run this at Monaco, now that will be fun and very hard.

Top Bottom