F1 Breaking News | Sergio Perez Signs For Red Bull

May 30, 2015
Would have signed Hulkenberg instead of Perez, tho.

Reactions: simvalek

Michel Forest

100RPM
Jul 26, 2017
Both Gasly and Albon were talented drivers in the wrong team. You can't pair Verstappen with a young talent, he's going to eat them alive. You need a more experienced driver: Webber and Ricciardo did great at RBR. Perez will do too. I don't expect him to match Verstappen in pure speed, but in a race, he could do score podiums and even a win or two.

Last edited:

paracletus

1000RPM
Dec 6, 2013
It was an obvious choice, unless they resigned Ricardo who wouldn't have gone.
Perez clearly beat hulkengerb 2 out 3 years, and easily beat Ocon both years at force india.

Scottt

75RPM
May 29, 2016
One year testdriver for Albon is’nt that bad, he gets time to grow without any Max pressure, and for sure “I’LL BE BACK” :thumbsup:
He's 24 right now, wasn't able to keep up to his teammate (granted, is arguably the best driver in F1 right now) and doesn't have a car. I think the chances of Alex getting another F1 ride at this point outside of Alfa Tauri are pretty slim. My guess would be we've essentially seen the last of Albon in F1.

Appie Kuipers

1000RPM
Premium
Jun 8, 2007
He's 24 right now, wasn't able to keep up to his teammate (granted, is arguably the best driver in F1 right now) and doesn't have a car. I think the chances of Alex getting another F1 ride at this point outside of Alfa Tauri are pretty slim. My guess would be we've essentially seen the last of Albon in F1.
Lets see if Perez can keep up with Max, don’t think so, then not much is changed.

Ulfhedinn

100RPM
Premium
Nov 26, 2019
So obvious.......2021 gonna be good :cool: Perez is a good driver but will see if he can tickle the ugly V :laugh:

Scottt

75RPM
May 29, 2016
Lets see if Perez can keep up with Max, don’t think so, then not much is changed.
I don't think anyone can keep up with Max, but I would expect Perez to be closer. Either way, I doubt we'll see Alex again in F1 unless the junior team needs a driver. I'd be shocked if he ever got another ride for a top tier team.

LeSunTzu

1000RPM
Feb 13, 2013
That is a very nice change of fortune for Sergio Pérez. His constant performance at Racing Point did not secure his seat there but eventually found its reward in a better team. I hope he keeps his form next year and the Red Bull duo gives Mercedes a hard time.