F1 Austrian Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 Austrian Grand Prix Driver of the Day.jpg

Voting is open for the RaceDepartment 'Driver of the Day' from the 2019 Austrian Grand Prix.

After the stinker that was the French Grand Prix, Formula One returned to form again in Austria as the 20 strong field of drivers produced a classic Grand Prix full of fights, contact, hard racing and tension right to the chequered flag.

With outstanding performances throughout the field, who do you think deserves the greatest praise for their Sunday performance?

Let us know your RaceDepartment 'Driver of the Day' in the poll and comments section below!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Fantastic race...kinda makes you wonder if, despite all the hand wringing, other than Mercedes dominance F1 is just fine. Good racing at the sharp end of the grid quells a lot of complaints about engine noise, high deg tires, etc.

It has to be said Max may very well be the best driver on the grid.

my vote verstappen
Honorary mentions:
*norris because of his qualifying and his race pace+overtakes
*sainz, from P19 into P8 without a safety car help, in a McLaren not a top3 car that can lap every other cars(including McLaren cars in previous races lol)

Glad our voting system isn't bugged and calling Kubica driver of the day!
During any boring race I would have totally laughed at Kubica as Driver of the Day, but today it was really an exciting race where you can't do anything else than give Max this title. Lando in a good follow up spot.

Love him or not - Max. I personally don't. :D But c'mon... he was on some different level today. Look at Gasly for gods sake, he have same car, no problems and he lapped him. wth.
McLarens. Finally they look like real team.
Russel was also hitting above hit weight. Glad for him. Glad for Williams. Sadly... Kubica wasn't there... =/
Vettel ! Anyone ?
He was quite good today. That ill pit stop wasn't his fault. Wasn't it ? Ferrari again, my god...

Norris, he finally found the confidence to battle with other drivers and it was great to see all those McLaren fans cheering him on!

Weird. I thought this race happened last week. Even something polemic about some overtake.

I guess the races are a never ending rerun by now. :p

why noone of you saw the amazing sainz comeback climbing from last one on the grid p19 (as russel started from the pitlane) and finishing less than a second behind a redbull.He had a McLaren climbing 11 positions all of them in track no undercut or overcut everyone regularly in thhe track and you watched only verstappen who had an hard race but in the end as always he turned into an unfair dirty driver.As ferrari got a 5 second penalty on canada cause vettel done what ever he could to avoid a crash max after this incident could be pinalised but he didn't.Ok yeah i am gonna say that it was a race insident if we except that he have done it so many of times at many drivers and who ever tried to defend got struck and then spun.This kid is moving danger.He better learn many things from his father or maybe one thrill of the f1 as his father had destroyed 2 races when he was blue flag.Once montoya's at brazil and one at monza.He have just to move more clever and not that agressivly.By the way he diserved this win after all this comeback but not overtaking charles like this.For me he is not neither the race winner nor the driver of the day who is sainz

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 143 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 271 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 394 40.0%