Alright when was that again.....?

Nice to see Russell in particular gets another year...I think it's all part of Mercedes' master plan: If Hamilton retires after winning title #8, Russell moves to Merc to partner with Bottas and, if Merc still has the dominant car, Bottas will become a WDC that year. Not saying Russell can't beat him eventually but Bottas is usually within +/- 0.2 secs of Hamilton on pure pace and George will have just started and may take a few races to get up to speed whereas Bottas has shown in these last 2 seasons to be very strong during the opening rounds. Bottas obviously has bouts of losing confidence in himself going against Lewis all these years, but with him out of the picture I think he'd be stronger throughout the season.

In reality though, Hamilton will probably want to try the 2022 cars before leaving the sport, so who knows lol

Good decisions for both teams. Russell is an excellent young drivers and I'm sure Latifi will improve. I think he's a solid driver and this was not the easiest season to make one's F1 debut. The fact that he brings a lot of money obviously helps but that's the way things are in F1, so good for him. Raikonnen still has gas left in the tank and he's a highly popular driver with fans. I have my doubts about Giovinazzi, but I hope I'm wrong. Some drivers take more time than others to develop, maybe he's just a late bloomer.

Last edited:
Great to see Russell and Kimi on the grid again next year, but I hope their cars will perform better compared to other teams in the middle of the grid. Latifi and Giovinazzi I would have like to see replaced by new young talent, but in case of Latifi I understand money is a big factor for Williams. But Giovinazzi was a bit of a surprise to me, since I hoped Mick Schumacher would be in the other Alfa Romeo car next year. But Mick may go to Haas, besides Mazepin I guess (for the money again). But if Haas is going to improve with two rookies though...

And what about Perez? In the interview with Max yesterday on the Dutch channel Ziggo Sport (Formule 1 Café), Max preference for a teammate was very clear... no ‘love’ for Albon (“I cannot help him, he just need to drive faster”) and as a replacement for Albon... Nico Hulkenberg. He did not even mention Perez. If is true what so many people are saying, that RB is built around Max, you would think his opinion would matter a lot?

Last edited:
Raikonen seems to have done reasonably well enough in that car to be for another year.
The thing is, Kimi is allowed to continue with Alfa Romeo for as long as he himself wants. So Alfa got Kimi and not the other way around :whistling:

Kimi Raikkonen Will Drive For As Long As He Wants: Alfa Romeo Boss Clarifies Team is Never Letting Him Go

Last edited:
Don't know. Are they ? And how's that relevant to this case ?

I'll put it in words you can understand.
Yesterday: Albon bad
Today: Max bad
Tomorrow: Energy drinks like RedBull are more harmful than cigarettes and should be banded from F1
gamer19: Whoa, Lewis is the best driver, he obliterated the competition.

• Deleted member 963434

Happy Halloween GP! Hopefully we won't see Ayrton Senna's ghost haunt the track the night before the race.

I hated this track for Ayrtons death alone, I'm surprised it took them until 2006 to kick it off the calendar.
he will race as ghost car xD

ElkFq4HXgAAqELZ

Nice to see Russell in particular gets another year...I think it's all part of Mercedes' master plan: If Hamilton retires after winning title #8, Russell moves to Merc to partner with Bottas and, if Merc still has the dominant car, Bottas will become a WDC that year. Not saying Russell can't beat him eventually but Bottas is usually within +/- 0.2 secs of Hamilton on pure pace and George will have just started and may take a few races to get up to speed whereas Bottas has shown in these last 2 seasons to be very strong during the opening rounds. Bottas obviously has bouts of losing confidence in himself going against Lewis all these years, but with him out of the picture I think he'd be stronger throughout the season.

In reality though, Hamilton will probably want to try the 2022 cars before leaving the sport, so who knows lol
Hamilton isn't going anywhere for a long time. if Russel wants a seat at Mercedes he's either going to have to supplant Bottas somehow, or simply wait until Lewis is done but that is going to be a long wait, and by then their team may no longer be the best on the grid.

So many people talking about Imola being the track where Ayrton Senna died - please remember that on this track, just the day before Ayrton died, Roland Ratzenberger was also killed. His life was just as important.

And what about the other people who died on that very day around the world then?

Hamilton isn't going anywhere for a long time. if Russel wants a seat at Mercedes he's either going to have to supplant Bottas somehow, or simply wait until Lewis is done but that is going to be a long wait, and by then their team may no longer be the best on the grid.

Agreed, given it took only around 16 years for the "impossible record" to be broken, he'll probably want to set the bar much higher and I don't blame him...personally I'm hoping he gets to 10 WDC's and 150 wins...give the kids something to aim for. if Aston Martin becomes competitive I think Russell should start looking in their direction...he might sooner find a drive there if Hamilton stays put.

Then again, maybe Williams might bounce back if they manage to hire the right engineers and build a competitive chassis...they already have possibly the best engine supplier.

Raikonen seems to have done reasonably well enough in that car to be for another year.
Wasn't so sure about joe vinazzi - but he's actually ahead of raik on points so can't complain.

As for perez, a good driver who looks like the career ends here; certainly as good as the acclaimed hulkenburg, as proven when they were at force india for three years:
2014 NH 96, SP 59
2015 NH 58, SP 78
2016 NH 72, SP 102
Hes keeping a seat warm. They want a driver in the car probably from the Jr formula like Mick Schumacher. He has to get a few more credits (Or whatever they call them) to get a super licence. Mika has a lot of knowlege and can give feedback to help push development of the car in the right direction.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.5%