Alright when was that again.....?

colleagues ... I just wanted to leave this video .... it cannot be forgotten.

context: year 2000, schumacher and hakkinen fight for pole position. schumi succeeds in the last attempt ... and hakkinen makes the first 2 sectors VERY slow and brushing grass .... but in the 3 sector .. magic:

(comments in Finnish with subtitles to laugh)

Can I just say how much I love that F1 is going to all these different tracks? Sure, the racing is pretty boring thanks to the Mercs, but in hindsight, it more common to have a dominant team than a truly contested championship.
I disagree... Racing is boring thanks to the other teams not doing a better job. I guess it's easier to hate the Mercs.

Why should the team who does a better job take the blame...it's FIA and the other teams responsibility.

Last edited:
People harp on Mercs making it boring, but more seasons than not in all of F1 history, there has always been 1 standout car for most, if not all of the season. There's lots of great midfield battles happening every race, focus on them as they are the ones who capitalize when the frontrunners run into trouble.

What's funny about this is that you need to imagine the race without DRS...no team would have a PRAYER against Mercedes (worse compared to DRS enabled)...they would lap the entire field twice if cars didn't have DRS to keep them somewhat competitive. Even with "party modes" disabled Merc eats all the cars for breakfast...these teams keep shooting themselves in the foot trying to pull Mercedes down instead of pulling themselves up. It would basically be the McLaren MP4/4 or MP4/13 or the Williams FW14B all over again...Is it Merc's fault that Ferrari and Red Bull, with all their financial clout, keep making a crappy chassis and/or engine?

DRS started because of the dirty air issues, but DRS is still here because Merc (and at one point Ferrari) is developing faster than other teams can keep up.

I would still give Lewis the slight edge, not only because of the car but he's the only one on the grid besides Kimi to have actually raced at Imola (during his GP2 days). Yes, Max is an avid simracer as well so he has done virtual laps there but yea, still the odds are with Lewis.
DRS is vital to F1. A team will pack downforce to car to make it stick in turns carrying as mutch power. Hense more power into next straight. But downforce messes up top end power. The car is to heavy on rear wing. So you dont need downforce on straights. In the furure the driver could have a mouvable wing front and back and choose High med or low setting for each end. It is artificial but with a V6 turbo you need it. So you can run the car like a V8.

I can't believe we are arguing about DRS existing because of Mercedes or V6. DRS was brought in three years before turbo hybrid era and Mercedes domination started and primarily because overtaking had been an issue for decades. We all know drivers cannot stay close enough with the dirty air that is generated by current cars to even have a hope of overtaking on most tracks without DRS (that is, unless your name is Kimi and you found a way to hack the physics on the first lap).

• Deleted member 963434

i hate tis track in sims so much go up and down, also Ayrton died there

I don’t think the two day weekend is a trial, it’s more about the logistics of driving 2600km in 2 days. Not enough time.

I can’t wait for this one, even if overtaking will be difficult, Portugal was pretty good considering that overtaking was impossible...

I notice this race is on Saturday October 31st here in Candada. Making it fall on Halloween, this track as nice as it is is spooky as we all remember Ayerton Senna died here. I can imagine there will be lots of scary costumes at the race. A bit like the Mexican Grandrprix whitch is on Sinco de Mia (The festival of the dead)
I am confused by every part of this post... First of all, the race is on Sunday, which is November 1st, even in Canada. Secondly, there will be no fans at the race, so I doubt there will be any costumes at all (especially since it won't be Halloween).

Both Alfa Romeo and Williams have confirmed that they will retain their current driver lineups for next season.
  • Kimi Raikkonen and Antonio Giovinazzi will continue to race for Alfa Romeo for a third consecutive year.
  • Williams duo George Russell and Nicholas Latifi meanwhile will enjoy their second season as teammates.
  • The teams announced their retention of their current lineups in the build up to the Emilia Romagna Grand Prix.
On the eve of Formula One's return to Imola for the Emila Romagna Grand Prix, Alfa Romeo and Williams confirmed that they will continue into 2021 with the same driver lineups.

With Kimi Raikkonen being aged 41, there had been some question marks over whether he would want to continue his Formula One career into next season. Meanwhile with Ferrari juniors, Schumacher, Ilott and Shwartzman performing well in F2, people had been left wondering how safe Giovinazzi's seat was. The team's management confirmed today however that both would remin at the team for next season.

Meanwhile there had been speculation that Williams could replace Mercedes junior, George Russell with Sergio Perez. Earlier today however, Williams confirmed that there would be no change going into 2021, and that they're "very happy" with both drivers, and "look forward to continuing to work with them."

Kimi Raikkonen became the most experienced driver in the history of Formula One this season, and confirmed that he was pleased to still be a part of the team's project:

“I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t believe in the team’s project and in what we feel we can achieve together.
"This is a team that values hard work over words and this fits well with my style. I am looking forward to next year and hopefully making some steps forward towards the front of the midfield with the team.”

Giovinazzi.jpg

His counterpart, Antonio Giovinazzi who began his F1 career with Alfa Romeo, seemed hopeful that this stability would work in their favour, with the team having "put a lot of faith in [him]", while he'd done his "best to repay this confidence with hard work and commitment:

“We have achieved some good results and I feel I have done my part to make the team progress, but the road ahead is still long and there is much more we want to achieve together.
"There will be a lot of continuity between this season and the next one, so everything we work on between now and the end of the year will already count for next, and we are ready to give it all we have.”
In the Williams stable meanwhile, new team owners, Dorilton seem happy with the current lineup, with acting Team Principal Simon Roberts confirming that there would be no change to the drivers. He announced that it "will be the driver lineup for this year and next year, we're very happy with them."

George Russell therefore will continue with Williams to mark his third season in Formula One:

“It’s always nice to have stability, it’s never nice to hear any speculation that your job is potentially up for grabs. Nevertheless I was confident in what I could perform on track and ultimately I had to do the talking on track and I was confident nothing would change moving into 2021 even with all the speculation going around.
“Like I said I think a lot of the speculation was fed by other team members or teams surrounding drivers to create these issues over the last couple of weeks. So I’m definitely happy and pleased to continue on this journey.”

Russell and Latifi.jpg

With no change to the team's lineup, this means that Canadian rookie, Nicholas Latifi will continue into the second year of his F1 career with the Williams team.

The news from both Alfa Romeo and Williams today means that the grid for next season is finally coming close to completion. With both Alfa Romeo seats now filled, it is expected that Haas will announce Ferrari junior, Mick Schumacher, in the coming weeks.

Meanwhile, it seems that the only likely destination left for Sergio Perez if he is to continue in F1, is with Red Bull Racing. This of course would rely on the team deciding not to continue with Alexander Albon, in which case the Thai driver would likely follow Pierre Gasly back to Red Bull's sister team, AlphaTauri.

Of course, Lewis Hamilton has still not signed a new contract with Mercedes, meaning that there is still a drive with the silver arrows up for grabs. It would however be a surprise if he were not sign an extension, particularly given that Mercedes junior, George Russell has now been confirmed at Williams.

Alfa Romeo drivers.jpg

Last edited:
Khm, may I suggest:
Gasly to Toro Rosso
Perez to Red Bull and... that's it I guess. What, someone's missing ?
Oh yes there's that Kvyat dude:cautious: dammit I forgot about him totally.
Well... he may peacefully retire then. Not the biggest loss F1 ever had.
?

Last edited:
Khm, may I suggest:
Gasly to Toro Rosso
Perez to Red Bull and... that's it I guess. What, someone's missing ?
Oh yes there's that Kvyat dude:cautious: dammit I forgot about him totally.
Well... he may peacefully retire then. Not the biggest loss F1 ever had.
?
Gasly stays at Alpha Tauri, it was confirmed a few days ago

Raikonen seems to have done reasonably well enough in that car to be for another year.
Wasn't so sure about joe vinazzi - but he's actually ahead of raik on points so can't complain.

As for perez, a good driver who looks like the career ends here; certainly as good as the acclaimed hulkenburg, as proven when they were at force india for three years:
2014 NH 96, SP 59
2015 NH 58, SP 78
2016 NH 72, SP 102

Last edited:
I notice this race is on Saturday October 31st here in Candada. Making it fall on Halloween, this track as nice as it is is spooky as we all remember Ayerton Senna died here. I can imagine there will be lots of scary costumes at the race. A bit like the Mexican Grandrprix whitch is on Sinco de Mia (The festival of the dead)

Happy Halloween GP! Hopefully we won't see Ayrton Senna's ghost haunt the track the night before the race.
i hate tis track in sims so much go up and down, also Ayrton died there

I hated this track for Ayrtons death alone, I'm surprised it took them until 2006 to kick it off the calendar.

I may get dislikes for this but I don't understand why the governing motorsport body in Oz doesn't look to keep the current V8SC underpinnings the same and use Ford and GMH & Chrysler 70's and 80's bodies or their silhouettes.

Ford GT's, GMH Monaro's & Torana's and Valiant Chargers often command huge money for their nostalgia so why not use this to the V8 series advantage.

GM don't care about RHD markets and screwed the Holden dealer network and the sales of Mustangs in Oz is falling at an alarming rate thus neither GM or Ford V8SC car is relevant to many in the Aussie community.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 326 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years