F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Voting is open for the RaceDepartment 'Driver of the Day' from the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The final race of a long and interesting Formula One season is over. The spectacular night lights of Abu Dhabi have seen the class of 2019 do battle for one final time, with nothing but pride and the minor championship placings up for grabs, who do you think has done the finest job in the field this Sunday evening at the Yas Marina Circuit?

Does our race winner deserve the community plaudits, or do you think a driver further down the grid has done enough to achieve recognition from the RaceDepartment community?

have yoru say and cast a vote in the poll above, and leave a comment in the comments section below.

Roll on 2020...

Last edited:
Any other driver who drove the perfect weekend would get driver of the day here. Check previous races and polls here....it wasn't an overly exciting race. To be fair no one else done anything exciting... We should have an option... No one.

Poor race at the front with little action. There still was some good moves and performances.
I felt Norris drove well as did Perez to just pip him in the standings.

It was a very boring GP where imo nobody really shined, not even The God of all F1, Hamilton himself.
what more was lewis supposed to do? lol. he dominated the race from start to finish not breaking a sweat, what more can he do to "really shine" for you?
but yeah, abu dhabi has always been bad. terrible track design, terrible racing, 0% rain probability, no passionate hundred thousands of fans. youd think they could come up with something better than this with so much money pumped in. i mean its formula 1, the biggest racing series in the world with the fastest car in the world. but they dont drive on the best track in the world, nah-uh, who needs good tracks anyway? why race on an incredibly demanding sepang circuit where rain probability is high, if you can race on a street circuit full of flat 90° corners? just what f1 cars are made for

Max definitely, a Red Bull in second (again)? Fantastic!

For those who are allways saying "Leclerc this, Leclerc that" yeah, Max showed that even in an inferior overall car he kicked Ferrari's ass. 3rd in final standings, brilliant! Don't know what top teams are waiting for, honestly, really hope Red Bull can give him a great car next year so he can fight for the championship finally...

For those who are allways saying "Leclerc this, Leclerc that" yeah, Max showed that even in an inferior overall car he kicked Ferrari's ass. 3rd in final standings, brilliant! Don't know what top teams are waiting for, honestly, really hope Red Bull can give him a great car next year so he can fight for the championship finally...

Agreed, finishing 3rd is a great achievement, it's a reflection of his maturity this season and thus consistency. Also the second half of this season that red bull has been rapid, great progress!

I don't know what happened to Leclerc, pitting for softs I expected him to smash in the fastest lap, were they really nursing them to get to the end?

Could be right there... Max has done an outstanding job all year and held onto second nicely in the race although I don't buy the inferior car... Redbull and Ferrari have been living on that pretence for a while.
Ferrari already had a car on par last year already , and the Redbull team/Honda engine has its own strengths too... Honda engine is no longer a joke.. e.g Gasly v Hamilton @ Interlagos.
Overall Max deserves driver of the day.

Well, that fastest lap 2laps before the finish was special...worn tyres and all. A solid statement. I'm a Ferrari man but my vote is for Hamilton.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 239 14.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.0%