F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Driver of the Day - Vote Now

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 Driver of the Day.jpg

The curtain has fallen on the final Grand Prix of 2018, but the last question remains... who do you think deserves the accolade of 'Driver of the Day'?

Can you believe the 21 race season has finished already? Did you enjoy the final event of the year? With some spectacular crashes, a bit of close racing and one or two farewell stories, who was the RaceDepartment Driver of the Day in your opinion?

Let us know in the voting poll and comments section below!

Oh, and sorry for the late posting!

Fernando Alonzo for wanting to try something else. IMSA would love to have you.

Fernando Alonso he deserves "Driver of the Day" no...."Driver of the Year" because after all, it was his final season (for now) in F1, hes going for the Triple Crown and then I hope to get the "4th crown" of "Daytona 500" now that would be something special

They finished tied. And still and that, Dennis f*cked Fernando, to favor Hamilton, so...

If not, Fernando would have won the WDC.
If you say so... still got beaten by a Rookie and a proven much better driver and champion. I'm glad he's gone sick! of the winging and wining he's one of the most privileged drivers on the planet turned down opportunities at better teams and embarrassed McLaren over the radio repeatedly there are drivers that would have loved the opportunity but Alonso acts so entitled can't hold a candle to the likes of Hamilton and Schumacher, they are in a different class altogether.

I rate him at Jenson Button level, a good competent driver.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 205301

Voted sainz, not that I like him, but hey ...he finished 6th !! how could he did that ?!
@++

Voted sainz, not that I like him, but hey ...he finished 6th !! how could he did that ?!
@++
Agree, it is really hard to choose 1 driver for yesterday's race. Everyone had something (well not everyone :D): Hamilton put that Merc where it belongs, Vettel drove Ferrari to the limit it could, Max and Ric also pushing RB to the limit, Leclerc starting strong and Sainz and Perez with their long first stints getting positions.
Just explanation for Sainz, he started 11th, best position for tier 2 team to start. With longer first stint he avoided Leclerc's destiny of being stuck after stop. And he really drove it perfectly. All in all, very good final race. :)

If you say so... still got beaten by a Rookie and a proven much better driver and champion. I'm glad he's gone sick! of the winging and wining he's one of the most privileged drivers on the planet turned down opportunities at better teams and embarrassed McLaren over the radio repeatedly there are drivers that would have loved the opportunity but Alonso acts so entitled can't hold a candle to the likes of Hamilton and Schumacher, they are in a different class altogether.

His attitude was poor with Lewis as a Team mate, I think Seb will be similar next year. I've warned to Alonso though since his career stalled and then turned into an unlucky fest of the highest order. Leaves Ferrari and the get their **** together, joins mcclaren as they implode. Such a shame for a guy with his ability.

I voted Bottas... for being the most outstanding in the field that race. Definitely out of line... The only guy with a great car who managed to loose out positions. When everybody went for the kill, he went hiding. Even Vandoorne tried to have some fun and Alonso still aiming for points to the last few laps... SMH Bottas

Are you talking about the guy who Hamilton beat when he was a rookie? I rate him but the best of last 2 decades? Have you heard of Michael Schumacher?
Fernando is a better driver than Michael, who has been one of the dirtiest drivers in F1. By the way, Hamilton did not beat him, not even with the help of the whole team. I'm glad.

The best pilots in the world say he is one of the best in history, but a Mister Nobody like you know more than anyone. Look, read, listen and learn, it's what you need. Your opinion is not worth ****, the one of the champions who speak yes.

The best pilots in the world say he is one of the best in history, but a Mister Nobody like you know more than anyone. Look, read, listen and learn, it's what you need. Your opinion is not worth ****, the one of the champions who speak yes.
Ouch are you his lover? We all have opinions mine is that he is very good but far from the best sorry that I hurted your feewings.

And that's Mr Nobody, how dare you!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing