rF2 F1 2023 @ Road Atlanta - Monday 15th May 2023

rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Jimlaad43

Nice apex, I'll take it!
Staff
Premium
Formula 1 2023.jpg

F1 2023 may be sending us down a route of dullness IRL, but the cars in rFactor 2 are some of the most intense and amazing to drive and race! The first time we used them, they flew around Bathurst in what was honestly some of the closest racing I have ever had on Race Department. As such, I have scoured the world map to find another track which has hills, a fast section of windy switchbacks and a nice long straight or two for overtaking. And guess what? I found it in the USA with Road Atlanta. The Petit Le Mans track is a great warmup for when we eventually take these F1 cars around the proper Le Mans! :confused: ;)

Eligibility: You must be a PREMIUM member. You must also use your REAL NAME on all RD servers and Discord, and include this in your forum profile. It is the only way of identifying who you are during an event.

[Server Password: *Available in Private Message upon signup*]
[RaceDepartment Discord]

[Racing Club Rules]
[Incident Reporting]

Server Name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM SSM
Car(s):
  • Formula Hybrid-22 (2023 and 2022) - [STEAM]
Track: Road Atlanta 2022 - [STEAM]
Layout: Road Atlanta
Air Temperature: 22°C
Fixed Setups: No
Start Type: Formation/Standing
Driving Assists: Auto Clutch, Auto Shifting
Time: Day
Weather: Forecast
ABS/TC: Low
Gimmicks: Tyre strategy, Slightly more sensitive Safety Car
1683746217376.png

Schedule: (EU) Monday 27th March 2023
Practice: 19:00 BST (65 minutes)
Qualifying: 20:05 BST (20 minutes)
Warm-Up: 20:25 BST (5 minutes)
Race: 20:30 BST (40 Laps) (Use two tyre compounds)

Time Zone converter

INFORMATION & BASIC RULES
  • All of the standard Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Custom liveries are both allowed and encouraged! Show off your Photoshop (or Google) skills and turn up with a unique car colour that we will all know is you on track!
  • Discord is not mandatory, but is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED. Please use Push to Talk where possible.
DRIVER LIST
  1. Jimlaad43
  2. Lesley Buurlage
  3. rockracer
  4. Steve Le Gallez
  5. Michel vL
  6. eN1xes
  7. Monkey T
  8. max1966i
  9. Michael Rudolf
  10. GeekyDeeks*
  11. Free Spot
  12. Free Spot
  13. Free Spot
  14. Free Spot
  15. Free Spot
  16. Free Spot
  17. Free Spot
  18. Free Spot
  19. Free Spot
  20. Free Spot
  21. Free Spot
  22. Free Spot
  23. Free Spot
  24. Free Spot
  25. Free Spot
  26. Free Spot
  27. Free Spot
  28. Free Spot
  29. Free Spot
SERVER IS UP

Last edited:
love the cars, enjoy this track, after driving some laps I just don't know if the combination works together. it's great for hotlapping and trying to relive F1 2013 with the 'Brands Hatch in under a minute challenge" but i have my doubts how fun it is for racing. If it were the Indycars i would be in straight away but think i'll sit out on this combo :(

love the cars, enjoy this track, after driving some laps I just don't know if the combination works together. it's great for hotlapping and trying to relive F1 2013 with the 'Brands Hatch in under a minute challenge" but i have my doubts how fun it is for racing. If it were the Indycars i would be in straight away but think i'll sit out on this combo :(
Any other track suggestion then? Hockenheim? Silverstone?

let me get some more laps on the server to make up my mind, because i think the track is actually pretty cool.
It's similar to Bathurst, if a bit shorter, and that combo was both intense and allowed everyone to stay really close. This track is similar, with two long straights for overtaking too. Add in a bit of Tyre Strategy and we will be on for an epic race.

It's similar to Bathurst, if a bit shorter, and that combo was both intense and allowed everyone to stay really close. This track is similar, with two long straights for overtaking too. Add in a bit of Tyre Strategy and we will be on for an epic race.
the only racing experience i have with these cars was the meme round at Knockhill so guess i'll have to give it a shot. This track gives me zandvoort vibes in these cars with the constant flow of corners and a single straight to try and make a pass. still think the braking zones are a little too short for overtakes and (as far as i've noticed) no working DRS zone so the only overtakes we'll have will be divebombs into T6 or the chicane but sign me up anyway

do recommend the indycars around here for a later event though, little slower but the raceability of them actually feels really nice

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back