F1 2022 Performance Mod Featuring New Engine Sounds!

Misc F1 2022 Performance Mod Featuring New Engine Sounds! 1.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
AK888 submitted a new resource:

F1 2022 Performance Mod (Beta) - A Simple performance mod designed to replicate F1 2022 irl Performance

Note That this mod is currently in beta and will be frequently updated
This is a simple mod that transforms F1 2021 cars to their F1 2022 irl performance. If you use this mod, you will not have access to multiplayer features. If you want to delete this mod, you will have uninstall then reinstall F1 2021. Note that this is just a performance mod and will not affect the look of the F1 cars, driver helmets, suits, etc.

Installation Guide
Step 1...

Read more about this resource...

ok so the mod is perfect the only thing is if i use any other car skin mod the performance gets reset to default
I will have to experiment with that. If it may help, I am looking at making this compatible with Mo Mods.
ok so the mod is perfect the only thing is if i use any other car skin mod the performance gets reset to default
If you want custom liveries to work with this mod, you'll have to use the Ego ERP Archiver to download the liveries. Other mods (Including liveries) will override the files (I'm assuming). If you need help, I'm not a big liveries guy but I know there are lots of YouTube tutorials out there to help you.

The newest update includes a manual install option where you can import the files. You’ll need Ego ERP Archiver & it will take more time. Thanks for letting me know!

I'll try this mod and share my experience

But can you tell me what line do you changes to edit the car downforce?
For most of the F1 cars I adjusted the <m_aero_front/rear_cl_maxf/minf_maxr/minr> files, the <n_aeroSlipStreamAirDesityScaleLift/Drag> files, & the <m_aero_wing_front/rear_drag/force> files to affect downforce.

Cool mod.How do you edit files?
I use Ego ERP Archiver to edit files.
Edit: To elaborate, once you have Ego ERP Archiver open the program, click "File" in the top left, click open and navigate your way to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams,
Once you do that click on any of the teams' folder. You'll see a wep folder that you can open revealing a .erp file. Once you open it up go to "XML Files" click on the XML File then next to Settings you'll see "XML Files" click on that & then click export. Once you export it open that xml.vtf file on any text editor you have (I recommend Notepad++) then edit whatever you want then, save the file. pen up Ego ERP Archiver again & click "XML Files" this time click import, import the file (Tends to automatically find it for you) then save by doing Ctrl+S or click "File" then save. It looks like long but it isn't very hard once you get the hang of it. Or you can watch a YT tutorial if you need more help.
Also, common.erp is has the Mercedes XML File, not the actual mercedes.erp file.

Last edited:
AK888 updated F1 2022 Performance Mod; Now with new engine sounds! (Beta) with a new update entry:

1.0! The Realism Update!

The following is based on overall performance order (Ferrari 1, Aston Martin 10)
-Updated Ferrari's speed & downforce
-Updated Red Bull's speed & downforce
-Updated Mercedes's downforce
-Updated Alfa Romeo's downforce
-Updated Mclaren's speed & downforce
-Updated Alpine's downforce
-Updated Haas's speed & downforce
-Updated AlphaTauri's downforce
-Updated William's speed & downforce
-Updated Aston Martin's speed & downforce...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hey I've been enjoying the mod, just finished the 8th race, France, in a my team season. Ferrari seems overly dominate so far 6 wins, 12 podiums despite 2 DNFs, totaling 261 constructor pts, 101 ahead of Merc. Alfa is strong, coming in 3rd with 103 pts and RB is failing to compete, 4th with 95 pts. Verstappen has only found the podium once for a 2nd place finish, Perez has no podiums and finished outside of points 4 of the 8 races. Overall I love the changes, just thought you'd like the feedback that in my season Alfa Romeo is coming in hot, and Red Bull seems sluggish considering Max has 8 wins in 12 races in 2022. Oh, also for more detail, I was on version 1.0 for 6 races and 1.1 for the last 2 races.

Last edited:
Hey I've been enjoying the mod, just finished the 8th race, France, in a my team season. Ferrari seems overly dominate so far 6 wins, 12 podiums despite 2 DNFs, totaling 261 constructor pts, 101 ahead of Merc. Alfa is strong, coming in 3rd with 103 pts and RB is failing to compete, 4th with 95 pts. Verstappen has only found the podium once for a 2nd place finish, Perez has no podiums and finished outside of points 4 of the 8 races. Overall I love the changes, just thought you'd like the feedback that in my season Alfa Romeo is coming in hot, and Red Bull seems sluggish considering Max has 8 wins in 12 races in 2022. Oh, also for more detail, I was on version 1.0 for 6 races and 1.1 for the last 2 races.
Thanks for the feedback! Will be working on balancing ASAP.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%