F1 2021 Work-In-Progress Thread

Hello,
For 50% of race length, I think the behavior of the bots for the pit stops in the race is completely ... ****ed :mad: .
I tried to work on it, but there are always unexpected behaviors.
One of the biggest problems is that the bots did not update their strategies after an unexpected pit stop. If they have any damage they will try to repair immediately (first problem : they can do on the last lap .. :cautious:) and after changing their tires they will continue on the original strategy and stop again, sometimes 2 or 3 laps after ..... :cry:

****.PNG

And some bots have ... steel tires and are able to do 50% of the entire race withsoft tires.
I have increased the wear through tyrecompounds.erp and the cars files (Upgradewear) and it seems impossible to used (S) + (H) with the strategic panels ... but, no, there is always a guy who can do that.

Hopeless ...

Last edited:
Hello,
For 50% of race length, I think the behavior of the bots for the pit stops in the race is completely ... ****ed :mad: .
I tried to work on it, but there are always unexpected behaviors.
One of the biggest problems is that the bots did not update their strategies after an unexpected pit stop. If they have any damage they will try to repair immediately (first problem : they can do on the last lap .. :cautious:) and after changing their tires they will continue on the original strategy and stop again, sometimes 2 or 3 laps after ..... :cry:

View attachment 493455

And some bots have ... steel tires and are able to do 50% of the entire race withsoft tires.
I have increased the wear through tyrecompounds.erp and the cars files (Upgradewear) and it seems impossible to used (S) + (H) with the strategic panels ... but, no, there is always a guy who can do that.

Hopeless ...
I've been using the version of your 50% tire mod before the recent update.

I lowered the tire wear rate by 15% with Cheat Engine, which seem to had almost eliminated the issue of AI pitting on the last lap under normal circumstances. On some tracks such as Silverstone, even one stop was possible for player as well (S to H or M to H), though in this specific case, I did still saw 2 Ai in the top 10 which started with worn S ended up pitting on the last lap with their H (they were suppose to do one stop in their original strategy)

I believe once every team installed some upgrades that improve tire wear will fix the issue, but may be I will try lower the tire wear to 20% in the future to see what happens (25% made things too easy, I've already try).

About the issue where AI will still follow their original strategy even after they pitted for damage or SC...I don't know, I didn't use any of the Extreme Damage mod this year because last year the AI caused way too many incidents because I ran my own performance mod (which lowered the downforce + heavier chassis). I guess the only way atm to avoid this issue is to lower the damage setting so there won't be as many incident which force them to pit.

Last edited:
Hey everybody,
Made a quick interpretation of a Sean Bull design.
Might be worth making a My Team version. Thoughts?

Pagani Prada.jpg

Also, does anyone know the correct color for satin finish in 2021? I used the color guide from 2020 and this does not look satin to me.

Thanks!

Last edited:
In fact it's possible to mod a rare or uncommon liverie AND to be able to modify colors after in game, as sponsors ! (lol) :

Capture6mod.PNG

Capture9.PNG

You can't change color after***, nothing happen. But the skin is here and usable. (if you neutralized the _M)

EDIT*** : it's possible by using the different filters (and especially the _M) in the archive to have a real livery as usual AND to be able to modify main colors in game after ! very fun. In my example, changing the orange by another one in game ! Same for suits or helmets !

Quick example with a porsche driver suits and the slot e01 :
Capture7.PNG

Capture8.PNG

For this slot, the _d for the suit is not accessible, but ... :laugh:

Last edited:
This is not bad. But imo, it feels like some interesting textures stenciled onto a 3d model. The logo placements are good! (except for the Spood Racing), and I would consider removing, or increasing the spread on the drop shadow for the "RAUH-WELT" on the side.

This is a design that is ideally suited to the unique abilities of a program like Mudbox, but it's not being used to maximum effect. I would try and add some more dynamic motion to the patterns and use the paint brushes on the model to reduce the texture stretching on the cowling.

:thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 85 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing