Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Andy

Does the mod disconnect the game from the tyre strategy screen at the start of the race?

I did 100% Career with Ferrari (Season 1) at Spain with this mod and your puncture mod. The race strategy was showing M-S-M as "projected", or M-S-S as "personalised".

Personalised was 14 seconds faster, but expected me to hit tyre wear of 87-93% by the end of each stint. When I actually came to pit, tyre wear on the HUD was circa 55-60%.

Hi Andy

Does the mod disconnect the game from the tyre strategy screen at the start of the race?

I did 100% Career with Ferrari (Season 1) at Spain with this mod and your puncture mod. The race strategy was showing M-S-M as "projected", or M-S-S as "personalised".

Personalised was 14 seconds faster, but expected me to hit tyre wear of 87-93% by the end of each stint. When I actually came to pit, tyre wear on the HUD was circa 55-60%.
It will still work but it depends how much testing you did for each compound. If you go straight to quali or race or just did practice runs on a single compound then the personalised strategy seems to default to vanilla values.
Also tyre temperature management has an effect which is doesn't really in vanilla, so if you kept tyres nice and cool or in ideal temps then the wear will be less. The opposite is true, if they overheating all the time the wear rate increases

Last edited:
It will still work but it depends how much testing you did for each compound. If you go straight to quali or race or just did practice runs on a single compound then the personalised strategy seems to default to vanilla values.
Also tyre temperature management has an effect which is doesn't really in vanilla, so if you kept tyres nice and cool or in ideal temps then the wear will be less. The opposite is true, if they overheating all the time the wear rate increases
I did keep the temps under 100 and I was smoother, but I wouldn't have expected a 30% difference between projected wear and actual wear.

All in all, it wasn't a problem. It's just strange because I hadn't seen the strategy screen put up such high %'s before.

Hi Andy

Feedback on a 100% race (Ferrari Season 1 MyCareer) at Paul Ricard.

It feels as though the tyres are the wrong way around. The Hards would stay high 90s and overheat through the sustained corners but come down quickly. The softs would stay mid 80s and i really struggled with them. They also didn’t overheat to the same extent as the Hards.

Then come the race, I was the only driver to use the Hards and I went flying through the grid and everyone struggled to keep up with me

Hi Andy

Feedback on a 100% race (Ferrari Season 1 MyCareer) at Paul Ricard.

It feels as though the tyres are the wrong way around. The Hards would stay high 90s and overheat through the sustained corners but come down quickly. The softs would stay mid 80s and i really struggled with them. They also didn’t overheat to the same extent as the Hards.

Then come the race, I was the only driver to use the Hards and I went flying through the grid and everyone struggled to keep up with me
Thats really interesting. Are you doing a Career, if so what season? I think updates will change the performance of the tyres. I am finding the new temperature model is really dymanic. The length of straights and type of corners can really effect the different compounds in different ways, its no longer soft = overheating hards = too cold. Is that a good thing?
Setup should effect things as well, tyre pressures can make the difference between a set being too hot or too cold

I suppose a version for 100% would be great. I know I wrote in my review that it works well in 100%, but not so sure right now. I played Sochi in Myteam season 1, and apparently going Soft/Soft/Medium was faster by 24 seconds than medium/hard strategy. Atleast it said that in the strategy screen.

Nothing wrong with 2 stopper being faster, but it feels little weird that going with softs for so long is fast. I didn't even have any issues with tyre wear, I definitely could've extended my stints by a few laps too, but decided to just stick with the strategy.

Thats really interesting. Are you doing a Career, if so what season? I think updates will change the performance of the tyres. I am finding the new temperature model is really dymanic. The length of straights and type of corners can really effect the different compounds in different ways, its no longer soft = overheating hards = too cold. Is that a good thing?
Setup should effect things as well, tyre pressures can make the difference between a set being too hot or too cold
Hi Andy

Career mode, season 1 with Ferrari, so only 5 races in. Only other mod with the game is the prior version of your puncture mod. I was the only driver to run Hards through the race so I have no benchmark as to whether the AI would have matched my pace on the compound. I find tyre temps almost have to be fully maxed out just to keep me near 90 degree temps.

I agree about the dynamic tyres; some tyres ramp up heat, then drop down, then settle somewhere in between. It means I'm having hairy moments combined with tyres working their way back up aka Hamilton inters in Turkey 2020.

What is also interesting is on my second stint (I did 2 stop from H-M and the others did 3 stop from S-S-M). Hamilton was catching me on the same compound (M) and we were neck-and-neck, and suddenly his tyres fell off a cliff and I finished 7 seconds ahead (no damage).

I suppose a version for 100% would be great. I know I wrote in my review that it works well in 100%, but not so sure right now. I played Sochi in Myteam season 1, and apparently going Soft/Soft/Medium was faster by 24 seconds than medium/hard strategy. Atleast it said that in the strategy screen.

Nothing wrong with 2 stopper being faster, but it feels little weird that going with softs for so long is fast. I didn't even have any issues with tyre wear, I definitely could've extended my stints by a few laps too, but decided to just stick with the strategy.
Hi

I would probably recommend to ignore the strategy screen with this mod. In both Spain and France, the "personalised" was a good 15 seconds faster than the "projected". The personalised said I would hit 85-90% tyre wear by the end of the stints; I actually hit 55-60%. I had a terrible drive with the "personalised" and couldn't get the tyres to grip.

In France, the projected recommended S-M-M and the personalised recommended S-S-M. Knowing from my own FP running that the Softs didn't work for me, I went H-M and had a great race.

Again, I would recommend running your own tests and noting wear / lap times in FP. It is a much better gauge than the strategy screen.

Hi

I would probably recommend to ignore the strategy screen with this mod. In both Spain and France, the "personalised" was a good 15 seconds faster than the "projected". The personalised said I would hit 85-90% tyre wear by the end of the stints; I actually hit 55-60%. I had a terrible drive with the "personalised" and couldn't get the tyres to grip.

In France, the projected recommended S-M-M and the personalised recommended S-S-M. Knowing from my own FP running that the Softs didn't work for me, I went H-M and had a great race.

Again, I would recommend running your own tests and noting wear / lap times in FP. It is a much better gauge than the strategy screen.

Agree with comments here. I think the tyres now change with fuel load, current wear and setup that the prediction struggles. Driving a long run in FP should allow the personalised to do a better prediction but I think you need to use personal judgement.
I also found the strategy over did wear rates anyway. I was reached pit stops and it was saying 40% wear. At least with the mod its normally more like 60% and sometimes I will extend out the run if it means can switch to 1 stop.

Hi Andy

Career mode, season 1 with Ferrari, so only 5 races in. Only other mod with the game is the prior version of your puncture mod. I was the only driver to run Hards through the race so I have no benchmark as to whether the AI would have matched my pace on the compound. I find tyre temps almost have to be fully maxed out just to keep me near 90 degree temps.

I agree about the dynamic tyres; some tyres ramp up heat, then drop down, then settle somewhere in between. It means I'm having hairy moments combined with tyres working their way back up aka Hamilton inters in Turkey 2020.

What is also interesting is on my second stint (I did 2 stop from H-M and the others did 3 stop from S-S-M). Hamilton was catching me on the same compound (M) and we were neck-and-neck, and suddenly his tyres fell off a cliff and I finished 7 seconds ahead (no damage).
OK, did he run out of fuel and have to back off? Or were his tyres overheating?

I am finding hards are used all the time. it really strange. Last race at Japan (50%) most did 1 stop from soft to hards. Around 5 did medium to hards and a couple did medium to soft. I did Hard to Soft and it didnt work, I lost too much at the end of my run on hards and then left too much to catch up on the softs and I ended up losing 2 places for my starting place on grid.

Last edited:
OK, did he run out of fuel and have to back off? Or were his tyres overheating?

I am finding hards are used all the time. it really strange. Last race at Japan (50%) most did 1 stop from soft to hards. Around 5 did medium to hards and a couple did medium to soft. I did Hard to Soft and it didnt work, I lost too much at the end of my run on hards and then left too much to catch up on the softs and I ended up losing 2 places for my starting place on grid.
Hi Andy

I'm not sure because I wasn't using any telemetry app with the game. What's interesting is they all seemed to fall back, Perez in P3 and Bottas in P4. I suspect it must be overheating tyres, something I didn't have a problem with. Rather inexplicably, Verstappen had an accident after about 25 laps and bolted on another set of Softs instead of Hards and ruined his entire race.

But the other case study here is Spain. I ran M-S-S and the Mclarens ran S-S-H. When they started their Hard stint, I was still on my second set of Mediums and Lando was taking a second a lap out of me on fresh hards. Then I threw on the Softs and thought I'll hunt them down with ease - at best I was taking 0.5 seconds a lap and my whole race was ruined.

I don't get a lot of playing time so it tends to take me a week or two to get through a Grand Prix but I am going to try Austria and I'll let you know of any abnormalities, particularly in regards to whether the Hards are OP.

andyandy989898 updated F1 2021 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy with a new update entry:

Tyre Temp Mod 2.4

Small update to increase difference in behaviour between different compounds as suggested via feedback.

Softer compunds will heat quicker but also cool quicker.
Harder compounds will be more stable but require more energy to heat (i.e behind safety car). It may also mean harder compounds may require a couple of laps in quailfying to "switch on" as we have seen this year.

These differences are not massive but should be noticed over course of the season.

Enjoy

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%