Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
andyandy989898 submitted a new resource:

F1 2021 TyreTempMod - Realistic tyre strategy, wear, temperature and grip mod

Hi all

Upgrade from F1 2020 version

This mod now means you need to find the right tyre for the track depending on the track type. I would recommend using practice sessions to see how tyre wear is effected. Eg lots of fast long corners will overheat softer tyres. Long straights to cause harder tyres to cool quickly. Heavy braking will have an effect. Aggressive driving might be fast over an individual lap but smooth driving will be quicker in longer runs.
Also tyre temperatures at the...

Read more about this resource...

andyandy989898 updated F1 2021 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy with a new update entry:

Tyre Temp Mod v1.1

Rework of inters to dry cross over, seems this year the drying period is longer than F2021 so overheating of inters was a problem. Inters should now remain cool, wear will still be high on a drying track.
Also brake balance has a bigger effect this year, so moving the bias from front to rear can stop overheating/cooling for all tyres.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Andy , I really love your Mod for 2020 and thanks for bringing it back to 2021.

I too agree with a poster above saying that Temps are too high at Slow traction tracks like Singapore, Monaco where Traction is premium.
All the best for your Future mods .

andyandy989898 updated F1 2021 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy with a new update entry:

Tyre Temp Mod v1.5

Large scale fixes for all tyres.

Wets and Inters now work correctly.

Tyres should work with lower temps but will over heat if pushed too hard.
Tyre pressures play big part to temps

Off track (grass & gravel) will act more realistic. Rears will spin up if you try to throttle too much to get back on track, gentle return to track before going full throttle or you will spin up tyres and overheat them

Feedback welcome. Have done alot of testing and working fine for me now.

Thanks

I'm playing this mod in MyTeam Season2 and I noticed that C4 compound rear tyres exit the garage at ~80° which is a "green" temperature, as opposed to front tyres being at 70°.
Is it like this by design or you forgot to change the pit release temp for C4 rears? In that case I can easily fix myself.

By the way I'll play a couple of GPs and I'll come back with a feedback!

Last edited:
I think I found a couple of bugs, related to the tyre temperatures.
As I said before the C4 compound rear tyre, USOR in the erp file, had the wrong pitrelease temperature, as well as the C1 front tyre, HARF in the erp.

Last edited:
I noticed that for some compounds the WearRate is higher for the front tyres, for other compounds it's the other way round (rears have a higher WearRate), for C4 (USO) is equal. Is it intended?
(In vanilla game rears have always a lower WearRate)

Last edited:

v1.6

Big improvements to temperature performance balance.

NEW FEATURE - each tyre now has a "sweetspot" temperture where a small performance boost is given. The temperature is different for each compound. Its a small window and wont be possible to keep it in this window for the whole lap but the more you can the more the boost will be applied.
This is to simulate when drivers are able to hook everything together and get faster times than normal. I have not said what temperature each compound is...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing