F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (patch 1.18)

Misc F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (patch 1.18) 6.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Poubelle submitted a new resource:

F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (Alpha) - Improvement of tyre compounds and cars for pit stop strategies and overtaking

Hello,

Still in test (beta)
This mod is an update of my previous one (made for 25% & 50% race length).
It's a unified version with some updrages.

I reviewed the performances of all tyres and adapted the F1 cars to achieve a good balance between wear and pit stops. Globally wear is increase, grip is more dynamic between each compounds than original game.

Due...

Read more about this resource...

Great work! There's just one thing I didn't understand for 50% races, is the 1 stop strategy optimal in some tracks? (Just like real life)
Thanks. Yes, it's possible, for Silverstone, Monza or the Hungaroring when i checked quickly all races at start with a 50% setting.

Last edited:
I'm still having tons of fun playing the first version of the 50% tire mod (with 15% reduction on tire wear by using CT). I wonder how the AI performs in this new version? Do they have the same tendency to pit before race end like the original version without reduction on tire wear?

Just thinking if I should switch over to this new version because it seems even more refine.

Last edited:
I'm still having tons of fun playing the first version of the 50% tire mod (with 15% reduction on tire wear by using CT). I wonder how the AI performs in this new version? Do they have the same tendency to pit before race end like the original version without reduction on tire wear?

Just thinking if I should switch over to this new version because it seems even more refine.

For the 25% it's ok, i tried ALL tracks :laugh: from qualifications to end of race !
For the 50% it was ok too for the fews i tested. Compare to the previous version at 50%, i reduced the wear from cars (-10%).

But, i need/wait feedbacks from players, that's why i push this version, to have some feedback for the 50% :sneaky: .
In my first tests, i was happy to have consistent results for all length with the same version. But this version is still pretty young.

In fact, the spirit is different between the version you use, and this one. With the previous one, one of the objectives was to have an opposition between the strategies (the first 10 vs the others) to have more fights with a wide dynamic between the tires.
This is more balanced in terms of performance with greater freedom to manage the undercut / overcut during the race. There are fewer "weird" strategies, perhaps less fighting. In fact, your strategy with this version is more "drive" by the overtaking that you need. With the previous one, you have to be more focused on performance and tire wear mainly.

Last edited:
I was looking through the tyrecompund.xml file, and I noticed a section, for each compound, named <BlisterGrip> (with x axis from -1 to +1 and y all set to 1) as well as related lines <BlisterRate> (set to 0) <MinBlisteringTemperature> and <MaxBlisteringTemperature>. Do you think there's something which can be done to "enable" the feature? If in your experience you think there are some values which are worth a try, I'll be happy to test.
Moreover, do you know what measure unit is used for temperatures? Seeing values >300 I thought they were Farenheit, but converting to Celsius makes no sense (PitReleaseTemperature set to 200°C ??).

Last edited:
I am experiencing something weird. MyTeam S1, Brazil, after applying the mod I was able to gain ~0.8s with respect to vanilla game, while AI doesn't seem to do the same. I ran Qualifying Practice Program in vanilla and I was 17-ish, after the mod predicted P3.

Is it possible that C3 are only a couple of tenths slower than C4 in Brazil?

Last edited:
I was looking through the tyrecompund.xml file, and I noticed a section, for each compound, named <BlisterGrip> (with x axis from -1 to +1 and y all set to 1) as well as related lines <BlisterRate> (set to 0) <MinBlisteringTemperature> and <MaxBlisteringTemperature>. Do you think there's something which can be done to "enable" the feature? If in your experience you think there are some values which are worth a try, I'll be happy to test.
Moreover, do you know what measure unit is used for temperatures? Seeing values >300 I thought they were Farenheit, but converting to Celsius makes no sense (PitReleaseTemperature set to 200°C ??).
Hello !

Temperature : Kelvin degree. T° Kelvin = T° Celcius - 273.15
I never touch to the Blistering effect. But it's a very good question. Recently, i see some very interesting behavior (blow up for tyres cars of bots) which could be interesting to looking at. I made a short movie :

It's not me who drive. It's a bot, i discovered this thing after the race during the replay.
It's like the front right tyre blow up due to the T° when he turn on left. The tyres was perhaps too hot. I'm pretty sure the tyre wasn't at end of life, less than 50% of wear for sure. It's was a C4 compound (i need to check).

Last edited:
I am experiencing something weird. MyTeam S1, Brazil, after applying the mod I was able to gain ~0.8s with respect to vanilla game, while AI doesn't seem to do the same. I ran Qualifying Practice Program in vanilla and I was 17-ish, after the mod predicted P3.

Is it possible that C3 are only a couple of tenths slower than C4 in Brazil?
Difficult to compare like that. T°, efforts, load, accelerations will be very different.

The fonctionning point of each tyre could be very different for each car/track/external conditions and drivers. Du to that, it's clear that the same compounds will not have the same performances on all tracks and can change a lot. Exactly like in real life in fact.
The AI have an analytic behavior too, unfortunately.

C3 slower than C4 it's normal i think. How much and at whish state ? Impossible to now. This kind of data in real condition will be very difficult to have/check for us. And depending of wear and T°, the real grip curves could crossed each other ...

Difficult to compare like that. T°, efforts, load, accelerations will be very different.

The fonctionning point of each tyre could be very different for each car/track/external conditions and drivers. Du to that, it's clear that the same compounds will not have the same performances on all tracks and can change a lot. Exactly like in real life in fact.
The AI have an analytic behavior too, unfortunately.

C3 slower than C4 it's normal i think. How much and at whish state ? Impossible to now. This kind of data in real condition will be very difficult to have/check for us. And depending of wear and T°, the real grip curves could crossed each other ...
Both were fresh tyres, I thought that there would be a higher difference between the two compounds, but I think it can happen that in some tracks/conditions a tyre is not that much better than the harder one.

I think that the issue for the Practice Program was due to the fact that I ran FP1 in vanilla while FP2 with the mod, maybe the game misjudges my time due to the different data in the two practices.

So does this mod with 50% races fix the issue of bots outside the top 10 one stopping beating the top 10 that do 2 stop?

Last edited:
[Little feedback - 50%]

I still think the tyre wear is too high, I just did an Australian GP and everyone went for M-M-H (or mixed order), we had a wet quali so everyone could choose M tyres for the start.
Usually races in Melbourne are a one-stopper, as we saw in the real life 2019 GP, maybe a slight reduction of wear could enable the one-stop strategy. Not to reach a full 1-stop grid, but a more "balanced one", with some teams being able to run a 1-stopper, having a lighter car. In this track it is common to see a M-H strategy.

Then I'm doing an Abu-Dhabi GP in Yas Marina, again a famous 1-stop track, as we could see from real life 2020 GP. Here is the initial strategy for My Team Season 1.

In my opinion there shouldn't be a 3-stop strategy in the "alternative" slot.

The end-of life grip of the tyres feels great! I ran with a 70% C3 and I could feel the difference in traction out of the corner!
One little thing I'd tweak is the middle-to-end phase, I'd differentiate more the performances between tyres after the break-even point. My personal feel (not supported by objective data) is that around the 40% wear, there should be a higher difference in grip between two compounds. I couldn't really notice my H tyre becoming faster than a M.

By the way I've seen a nice improvement from the previous version, great job!

Attachments

• race strategy.png
    race strategy.png
    339.5 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
hi how does this mod effect career like the performance of the cars
cos i have a bit of annoying thing that the game is just to easy like i cant use my normal ai diff anymore
Only :
  • The wear upgrades are reduce for all cars to avoid to be at 1 stop for everybody after 1 season.
  • and -10 kg for Mercedes.
  • And tyres&wear obviously ... for all cars/tyres, no difference between IA and you. And normally, the game is not more easy.
It's explained on the Overview.

[Another feedback]
I'm quite sure now the wear is too high, here everyone did a 2-stop race, when in real life Yas Marina is a 1-stopper.
Moreover AI doesn't update its race strategy after pit to change front wing, but I think this is not controllable with standard modding.

Attachments

• postYasMarina.png
    postYasMarina.png
    701.3 KB · Views: 117
For the strategies not refreshed in race for bots, it's a bug of F1 2021. Unfortunately. I recommand to play without extra damage because of that, in fact. The issue is less important for a 25% race length because bots could finish after their first pit stop. But for 50% or more ...

After for the 2 pits stop : this mod is not design to have 1 vs 2 pit stops, for this version. We tried to have a balance to avoid some difficulties with hard compounds, and for that, there is an equilibrium with mainly 2 pit stops for all cars at 50 and 100%.

As explained in the preview, to only have 1PS vs 2PS I have to sacrify the grip of the HARD compounds a lot because I have to reduce the overall wear to get 1 PS. This was the case in my previous versions dedicated to 50% race length only.
But it's not the purpose of this one. So, what you see (2PS mainly) it's what we tried to have with this version :whistling: .

So, this unified version is dedicated over/undercut with globally same number of pits to keep a balance for tyre performances and final ranking. It's a way too, to avoid some bugs today (too long to explain).
25% : 1PS for all races
50% & 100% : 2 PS (mainly). For some tracks, you will see 1PS (not for the first 10) due to the length of the race. But the grip will penalized them enough to avoid to see them winning positions to easily, as in real life in fact.

Last edited:
WOW! i just changed some lines because i play on 94 difficulty:
<F1SuspensionDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="4" />
<FrontDamageScale value="0.5" />
<RearDamageScale value="0.5" />
<WheelDetachScale value="1.000000" />
<PartsDetachScale value="0.9" />
</F1SuspensionDamage>
<F1WingDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="3" />
<DamageScale value="0.0001" />
<ChassisDamageMultiple value="0.8" />
<SideDetachScale value="0.5" />
<FullDetachScale value="0.75" />

&

Mercedes Chassis from 759 to 757.. because Red Bull is too strong to drive 1vs1 against them.
one of the best Races i had so far this mod is perfect...

Maybe you could make a mod like this also for 1 Pitstop like for Abu Dhabi so we could just replace the file when racing in Abu Dhabi

Last edited:
Only :
  • The wear upgrades are reduce for all cars to avoid to be at 1 stop for everybody after 1 season.
  • and -10 kg for Mercedes.
  • And tyres&wear obviously ... for all cars/tyres, no difference between IA and you. And normally, the game is not more easy.
It's explained on the Overview.
ok maybe i need to work on my ai diff

WOW! i just changed some lines because i play on 94 difficulty:
<F1SuspensionDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="4" />
<FrontDamageScale value="0.5" />
<RearDamageScale value="0.5" />
<WheelDetachScale value="1.000000" />
<PartsDetachScale value="0.9" />
</F1SuspensionDamage>
<F1WingDamage>
<SpeedThreshold value="3" />
<DamageScale value="0.0001" />
<ChassisDamageMultiple value="0.8" />
<SideDetachScale value="0.5" />
<FullDetachScale value="0.75" />

&

Mercedes Chassis from 759 to 757.. because Red Bull is too strong to drive 1vs1 against them.
one of the best Races i had so far this mod is perfect...

Maybe you could make a mod like this also for 1 Pitstop like for Abu Dhabi so we could just replace the file when racing in Abu Dhabi
Thanks for the feedback !
The damage part is difficult to resolve for many reasons. Thanks for your sharing ! :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back