F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (patch 1.18)

Misc F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved - Unified Version ! (patch 1.18) 6.4

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hey mate. Good work on the mods. I tried to follow your manual on how to merge a livery mod for my team.
1. Some copy & paste mods ahve an "assetgroup" file instead of XML. Is this not possible in these cases?
2. The naming of your files are not as straight forward as your manual.. example "fom_car!!!temp000.vtf".. Can this naming just be changed?

Never done this type of merge.. Appreciate your help, as would love to merge the livery mod with your mod.
Hello,

Usually the "assetgroup" file is not modified, some modders keep it because they forgot to suppress it/clean their mods.
The name of XML files could be change, don't hesitate, i do it often when i try several set of parameters and i want to keep backup of several differents XML files for the same ERP archive.
It's "just" an XML file not use by the game. It's just use to import/export datas with EGO ERP Archiver inside the ERP files.

• Deleted member 1946917

How about you release the 50% version that works well as an option and a 25% version as two separate options in the file?

That would be perfect! You could just put a disclaimer, use the unified version if you do both 25 and 50% races, use the 50% version for better wear rates but dont use 25% version on that version, I think that is a good compromise!

Hello,

I don't have a lot of time this days, but i just did a test with the new track @ 50%. I didn't notice anything strange.
Patch 1.10, Mod v5.0, clean install.
2 pit stops for every cars as intented.
All pit stops did during the windows predicted.
Wear estimated good @ -3%.

No strange pit stops :

Porti-50%-1.PNG

For the wear prediction, i took a 2 pit stops strategy for my self, with a (S) (M) (H) setting to take an advantage at start.

Tyres wear prediction vs real wear on track (based on tyre most worn) :
(S) prediction at 71%, 68% in race
(M) prediction at 70%, 69% in race
(H) prediction at 70%, 67% in race

All the bots followed the planned strategy (good windows of laps for the pit stops and number of pit stops as predicted at start).

1 mechanic fealure
2 crashes due to dirty air and damage mod.

I might have been lucky, but the race was just ... perfect from the point of view of the mod's intended effect.

If you see strange behavior, i will need the name of the track, main game parameters (std race or season, which season ...), weather, qualifying settings.
(assuming you haven't used another mod that's interfering.)

Last edited:
Hello,

Usually the "assetgroup" file is not modified, some modders keep it because they forgot to suppress it/clean their mods.
The name of XML files could be change, don't hesitate, i do it often when i try several set of parameters and i want to keep backup of several differents XML files for the same ERP archive.
It's "just" an XML file not use by the game. It's just use to import/export datas with EGO ERP Archiver inside the ERP files.
Thanks for the feeback! But as there are no XML file in the mods - only the .assetgroup and the ERP file - how do you then merge the mod with your mod? Or can you convert the assetgroup one to a xml?

I am such a n0ob when it comes to this lol!

Appreciate your help!

Hello,

Forgot the assetgroup file, you don't need to manage it, open it if you want, there is just a simple command line, nothing more.

The XML is "extract" from the ERP file with EGO ERP Archiver.
  1. You install EGO ERP Archiver (with the requirement)
  2. You open the ERP file with the tool (tips : you can link the tool with the .erp file extension to open ERP archives quickly each time, with a double-clic, and same thing for XML and Notepad++)
  3. You go on XML tab, you select the XML file in the window, you clic on export at the top.
  4. You open the XML file, you change, you do what you want inside the XML file. I use Notepad++, with a compare pluggin and XML pluggin (you can installed this pluggins directly inside notepad++, there is an option inside to add pluggins quickly, no need to search other pluggins on web).
  5. You save your new XML and you import this file inside the ERP file with EGO ERP Archiver : same operation as 3. but you select import.
  6. you save your new ERP Archive.
The game just need the ERP file.
The AssetGroup file is just use to find the ERP file for the game, so many mods don't need to modify it.
The XML file is just a working file for modders, used with EGO ERP tool. You can let it with your mod after, or in the game directory, it's not an issue, because it's not used by the game.

If you understand this operation, you will be able to mod everythingthrough ERP in the game : cars, skins, helmet, driver suits, safety cars, tyres, logo, menu, pit skins, rain effect, flag of mazespin .... :roflmao:
For skins and textures, the idea is the same, you just have to import/export DDS texture inside the ERP file.
And you can combine : inside for example ferrari.erp or common.erp, you can change the parameters with the XML imput, and the textures part if you want. The idea is always the same.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1946917

Hello,

I don't have a lot of time this days, but i just did a test with the new track @ 50%. I didn't notice anything strange.
Patch 1.10, Mod v5.0, clean install.
2 pit stops for every cars as intented.
All pit stops did during the windows predicted.
Wear estimated good @ -3%.

No strange pit stops :

View attachment 503560

For the wear prediction, i took a 2 pit stops strategy for my self, with a (S) (M) (H) setting to take an advantage at start.

Tyres wear prediction vs real wear on track (based on tyre most worn) :
(S) prediction at 71%, 68% in race
(M) prediction at 70%, 69% in race
(H) prediction at 70%, 67% in race

All the bots followed the planned strategy (good windows of laps for the pit stops and number of pit stops as predicted at start).

1 mechanic fealure
2 crashes due to dirty air and damage mod.

I might have been lucky, but the race was just ... perfect from the point of view of the mod's intended effect.

If you see strange behavior, i will need the name of the track, main game parameters (std race or season, which season ...), weather, qualifying settings.
(assuming you haven't used another mod that's interfering.)
Okay that seems fine, I think I need to learn to manage my tyres better :p

What values would I need to change? so that I can change the dirty air effect to what the 2022 rules intend?

Last edited by a moderator:
For the dirty air, you have to manage the lift and drag effect for each cars.
So :

Through each XML files on ERP cars files :
XMLSection : <F1Aero>

<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift value="0.85" />
<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value="0.90" />

It's a %.
0.85 for Lift -> -15% of grip under slipstreams.
0.90 for drag -> +10% of speed underslipstreams.

You need to modify this value in 15 files.
common.erp (for mercedes)
and each cars files for each teams : ferrari, force_india ... included fom_car and the 4 myteam_xxxxx directories.
All of this files for F1 cars are in \2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\

Good luck :laugh:

Ist this mod compatible with the Damage mod from StrongestFish?
I would also like to know if these mods work together? Would love to play 25% races with realistic damage and realistic tire performance.

For the dirty air, you have to manage the lift and drag effect for each cars.
So :

Through each XML files on ERP cars files :
XMLSection : <F1Aero>

<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift value="0.85" />
<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value="0.90" />

It's a %.
0.85 for Lift -> -15% of grip under slipstreams.
0.90 for drag -> +10% of speed underslipstreams.

You need to modify this value in 15 files.
common.erp (for mercedes)
and each cars files for each teams : ferrari, force_india ... included fom_car and the 4 myteam_xxxxx directories.
All of this files for F1 cars are in \2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams\

Good luck :laugh:
is there a way where i can make ai crash like spinning getting caught up in the dirty air and losing it basically have a lot more incidents

Ist this mod compatible with the Damage mod from StrongestFish?
Hello,

Not. A specific damage mod is include. If you want to merge this mod with Strongestfish settings, you will need to merge value by yourself, sorry.

is there a way where i can make ai crash like spinning getting caught up in the dirty air and losing it basically have a lot more incidents

The best way is :
1) play on tyres grip. Reducing the tyres grip will do the race more challenging, for you included. But it can be frustrating sometime and too harsh, and not realistic if you reduce it too much. I tried to find an equilibrium but perhaps there are better setting to find.
2) play on dirty air. Lift value below 0.75 is very difficult, especially for overtaking. Getting close to an opponent at less than second will be very, very difficult. It will be very difficult to stay close and especially when exiting the corner and with worn tyres.
3) by increasing damage parameters. To have more "crash" when the cars start to lose control and touch each other.

Unfortunately, we are not in Assetto Corsa Competizione. The bots mostly stay on the same trajectory and are still very good despite less grip. Honestly, F1 2020/21 is clearly unrealistic from this point of view. :(
You will still see cars with worn tires, cold ground and huge lift losing under the sliptream effects being able to take quick corners at very high speed like a train. :O_o:

Last edited:
The best way is :
1) play on tyres grip. Reducing the tyres grip will do the race more challenging, for you included. But it can be frustrating sometime and too harsh, and not realistic if you reduce it too much. I tried to find an equilibrium but perhaps there are better setting to find.
2) play on dirty air. Lift value below 0.75 is very difficult, especially for overtaking. Getting close to an opponent at less than second will be very, very difficult. It will be very difficult to stay close and especially when exiting the corner and with worn tyres.
3) by increasing damage parameters. To have more "crash" when the cars start to lose control and touch each other.

Unfortunately, we are not in Assetto Corsa Competizione. The bots mostly stay on the same trajectory and are still very good despite less grip. Honestly, F1 2020/21 is clearly unrealistic from this point of view. :(
You will still see cars with worn tires, cold ground and huge lift losing under the sliptream effects being able to take quick corners at very high speed like a train. :O_o:
They will only take the corners like a train to a specific point.. lift value of 0.75 is a good decision, as especially 2021 AI are not dealing too well with excessive loss of grip in high speed corners like maggots-chapel but this will only show when they follow very closely so like within 0.2s. They will just completely lose the line and lose up to 1-2s depending on how bad it was and the traffic behind.. Or in Baku the 2 "corners" in the final straight they would just crash out if too close.. So good job haha tho i dont use your mod, i have my own:D

Noting that Poubelle had not connected since September 28th, I preferred to update the mod by myself and make it compatible with Modular Mods https://www.mediafire.com/file/xvtahswbe63yri9/F1_2021_Unified_v6_0_Modular_Mods.zip/file

Base files are required https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/modular-mods-2021-base-files-required.45857/
In which way did you updated it? only compatible with Modular Mods or also performance wise in-game since there still has to made some tweaks in my opinion? :)

• Deleted member 1031992

This update did not present any new performance change since the performance update so I simply took the XML files from Poubelle without others modifications

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Forgot the assetgroup file, you don't need to manage it, open it if you want, there is just a simple command line, nothing more.

The XML is "extract" from the ERP file with EGO ERP Archiver.
  1. You install EGO ERP Archiver (with the requirement)
  2. You open the ERP file with the tool (tips : you can link the tool with the .erp file extension to open ERP archives quickly each time, with a double-clic, and same thing for XML and Notepad++)
  3. You go on XML tab, you select the XML file in the window, you clic on export at the top.
  4. You open the XML file, you change, you do what you want inside the XML file. I use Notepad++, with a compare pluggin and XML pluggin (you can installed this pluggins directly inside notepad++, there is an option inside to add pluggins quickly, no need to search other pluggins on web).
  5. You save your new XML and you import this file inside the ERP file with EGO ERP Archiver : same operation as 3. but you select import.
  6. you save your new ERP Archive.
The game just need the ERP file.
The AssetGroup file is just use to find the ERP file for the game, so many mods don't need to modify it.
The XML file is just a working file for modders, used with EGO ERP tool. You can let it with your mod after, or in the game directory, it's not an issue, because it's not used by the game.

If you understand this operation, you will be able to mod everythingthrough ERP in the game : cars, skins, helmet, driver suits, safety cars, tyres, logo, menu, pit skins, rain effect, flag of mazespin .... :roflmao:
For skins and textures, the idea is the same, you just have to import/export DDS texture inside the ERP file.
And you can combine : inside for example ferrari.erp or common.erp, you can change the parameters with the XML imput, and the textures part if you want. The idea is always the same.
Hey mate, forgot to say thanks for the brilliant feedback above! It worked a treat, and Actually kind of understand the process now. #hacker!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back