F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved for 50% race length ! (Beta)

Misc F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved for 50% race length ! (Beta) 2.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Poubelle submitted a new resource:

F1 2021 - Tire performances for 50% race length and others mods - Update of Tire performances mods for 50% race length

Hello,

This mod is an update of my previous one (made for 25% race lenght) for races set at 50% length.

I reviewed the performances of all tyres and adapted the F1 cars to achieve a good balance between wear and pit stops :sneaky: .

As requested by some people I updated my mod for 50% race lenght :p .

The rubber part of the tires is strongly impacted by this...

Read more about this resource...

Poubelle submitted a new resource:

F1 2021 - Tire performances for 50% race length and others mods - Update of Tire performances mods for 50% race length

Read more about this resource...
Great work as usual! one question though.

Does Ai have the issue of pitting on the last lap with this mod though? I've tried playing with the cheat engine and increase the wear rate to 25-30% in last year's game and the AI occasionally pit on the final lap which was really annoying.

Last edited:
Hello !
I hope not ! :confused:

In fact, generally some mods "just" change the wear rate of tyres only (easy to do).
One consequence : Strategy panels and predictions do not change. The wear is change only DURING the race.
Bots are therefore actually "forced" to stop at the pit when they reach 75% / 80% of tyre wear. And so, without any anticipation or tactic.
That's why, when you use a mod that “just” change the wear rate of tyrecompounds.erp, you can get this kind of “joke”.
To obtain a good balance and avoid this behaviour", wear values should be modify in all cars files too ... for each cars.
That's why it's not easy to do. There is not just one file to touch. And the final balance between cars, tires, pit stops, C1/C2/C3/C4/C5, race length ... become a nightmare to manage. :cry:

Sometimes bots are incomprehensible, honestly. :cautious:

Last edited:
Does this mod wants to be realistic or is it to make the races more fun by having more pitstops?

Good question :cool:

In fact, more or less :thumbsdown:. I explain my point of view:

1) more realistic on tire wear and management of pit stop strategies. By default, we have less possibility when we reduce the length of the race.
2) but less because I increase the wear and the degradation of the grip to have more pit stops. Today in real life they do 1 or 2 pit stops with mostly (M) or (H) tires. It' will not be the case here on each tracks.

In fact, your question is difficult :p.
More realistic, in fact, it's mean playing the game at 100% race length i think.

Thus, when we reduce the length of the race, it is necessary to amplify certain points (slipstream, wear, grip ...) to have fun AND to have the feeling of having the same decision to make as on a 100% race.
Doesn't that mean it's more realistic? From a certain point yes, from another no ...
In the end, it's a question of feeling in-game and point of view.

Good question :cool:

In fact, more or less :thumbsdown:. I explain my point of view:

1) more realistic on tire wear and management of pit stop strategies. By default, we have less possibility when we reduce the length of the race.
2) but less because I increase the wear and the degradation of the grip to have more pit stops. Today in real life they do 1 or 2 pit stops with mostly (M) or (H) tires. It' will not be the case here on each tracks.

In fact, your question is difficult :p.
More realistic, in fact, it's mean playing the game at 100% race length i think.

Thus, when we reduce the length of the race, it is necessary to amplify certain points (slipstream, wear, grip ...) to have fun AND to have the feeling of having the same decision to make as on a 100% race.
Doesn't that mean it's more realistic? From a certain point yes, from another no ...
In the end, it's a question of feeling in-game and point of view.
Great explanation!
I wonder how the mod would perform during late game with cars that have chassis nearly maxed out? Last year's vanilla version's tire wear was really OP during late game especially for 50% race where the cars could run one-stop from Soft to Medium for the whole duration of the race. It would be brilliant if this mod could fix that issue.

Last edited:
Hello,

I reduced from 0.8 to 0.95 (1.00 = no gain) the factor of wear gain through upgrades during seasons to avoid that.
(gain of 5% only, vs 20% before ...)
But, i didn't have the time to test it with 50% race length after several seasons. Too much things to check/build during the last few days :thumbsdown:
Normally the gain will be clearly reduce.

In some races like SPA it may not be possible to have multi-stop strategies offered and relevant multi-stops for other races that use the same C2 / C3 / C4 compounds for example.
If the wear is too fast, the main problem will be to heavily penalize the first 10 cars on other tracks with soft tires that will burn in 1 or 2 laps.
I think it's the main issue today when we try to set all of this values/datas.

Last edited:
Hello !
I hope not ! :confused:

In fact, generally some mods "just" change the wear rate of tyres only (easy to do).
One consequence : Strategy panels and predictions do not change. The wear is change only DURING the race.
Bots are therefore actually "forced" to stop at the pit when they reach 75% / 80% of tyre wear. And so, without any anticipation or tactic.
That's why, when you use a mod that “just” change the wear rate of tyrecompounds.erp, you can get this kind of “joke”.
To obtain a good balance and avoid this behaviour", wear values should be modify in all cars files too ... for each cars.
That's why it's not easy to do. There is not just one file to touch. And the final balance between cars, tires, pit stops, C1/C2/C3/C4/C5, race length ... become a nightmare to manage. :cry:

Sometimes bots are incomprehensible, honestly. :cautious:
I can imagine...As I said, great job so far. I'm just having some weird "strategies" used by the bots in MYC. Next Race (first one were I noticed was Austria) were a lot of people decide to 2 Stop right before entering the last round at Silverstone. Would be awesome if you could somehow fix this. Both races were rain into dry conditions...Guess thats a tough one for you to fix.

I can imagine...As I said, great job so far. I'm just having some weird "strategies" used by the bots in MYC. Next Race (first one were I noticed was Austria) were a lot of people decide to 2 Stop right before entering the last round at Silverstone. Would be awesome if you could somehow fix this. Both races were rain into dry conditions...Guess thats a tough one for you to fix.
I will try, you gave me a lot of information to check it and find a solution. thanks :thumbsup:

From experience of modding last year the last lap issue is caused by the ai thinking they can make the end of the race but tyre temperatures increase (maybe less fuel so faster cornering speed = more temperature) that then means they reach the puncture threshold faster than the ai system calculated. Its not easy to fix, last year for me to fix it was a mix of wear rates and small adjustments to the way the tyres heat and cool (although for my mod I totally redid this system, I cant say how much changing the vanilla values will help). I considered changing the loss of grip from overheating as this would help lower temps but decided against in end as this is part of the challenge.
But beware by moving and correcting it for one track you may cause the same issue for another track which uses the same compounds

Last edited:
Yes, good point.
At first I thought it was because I had built this version quickly, I “just” checked the “race” wear “rate” quickly only on a few laps / a few tracks. Maybe my estimation through my Excel template was too harsh.

After adjusting the wear rate of the cars part, I need to calculate the correct tire wear, and this part may take a while to adjust.
However, for 50% I am convinced that I will find the balance "quickly", maybe I will reduce a little the tyres wear through the tyrecompound.erp and check the track which could be problematic, without touching others values.
This is my first hypothesis.

I've just done a 50% race in Bahrain with Full Qualifying in MyTeam. The tire wear seems to be too severe for the AI because many of them ended up pitting a total of 4 times, and some of the top 10 runners pitted on the final lap which dropped them all the way to the back. There was no safety car during the race so they were all normal pitstops.

I remember back in 2020 I played and tested with the tire wear with Cheat Engine, and came to the conclusion that 20% increase of tire wear seems to be the sweet spot of preventing AI from pitting on the final lap while increased the importance of tire management. (even 25% was too much for the AI, the top runner still occasionally pit before race ends)

I wonder if this info would be helpful for this mod, since the mod is definitely more dynamic than just a straight nerf with CT.

I'll probably try using CT to decrease the tire wear with this mod a little to see how it runs, though I'm still waiting for the guy who made the Table to update because the 1.05 update of the game seems to had broken it and now unusable.

Last edited:
I have to reduce the wear. Clearly. But, sorry, I 'm stuck in a lot of mods for a few days.

Normally, I will soon finish testing the 25% version. And after, I will retest and rebalance the 50%. I found a very very good equilibrium on 25% 3 days ago which I expect to add on the next version at 50% ;) .

I think i know exactly what to do for the wear. The challenge is for me to keep the balandce between a good HARD tyres with endurance and real gain on SOFT. I reduced this aspect on all previous version, and some time, the HARD are too harsh to drive and die too quickly.
But with a new version of my model with non-linear curves and parameters between initial grip, grip and wear, i think i found the solution.

For example, today the tire grip is too high. Less than the original game but too high from my point of view. The cars are too fast in fact, I worked on the "feeling" to feel the wear and be at the "limit" of grip near the end of the tire's life. It's a very interesting challenge.

For the 50%, i just need to recalculate the wear matrix after some tests.

The IA are better than with F1 2020, but i still see "strange" decisions sometime, unfortunately.

The only point that I haven't looked at in detail is the T ° aspect. I count on Andyandy989898, my master on this subject :D .

Last edited:
Poubelle updated F1 2021 - Tire performances for 50% race length ! with a new update entry:

Version for 50% of the race length updated with new tyre models

Hello,

As requested, i updated the 50% version with the new tyres models i made for the 25% version :sneaky:.

It's a big update, with a priority on a new and more realistic tyres models, with different strategies used by bots.
All details explained on 25% version.

For this new version, you can use the full version i did for myself which contents other...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Poubelle updated F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved for 50% race length ! (Beta) with a new update entry:

Update of tyres models + Addons + Documention.

• No more light version, I need to use the cars files to update the overall wear behavior, sorry.
  • I added a quick pdf "howto" if you want to add a livery.
  • Speed of wear is reduce vs older version. The feeling is better i think.
  • "Cold" tyres temperatures at start is now an option.
  • Added alternative for the visual of tyres wear.
  • Cleaning mods files. I recommend starting from a clean version of the game.
  • Updated images on main pages and added "real" grip for tire...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 143 13.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 105 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 96 9.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 73 7.0%
  • < 5 years