F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved for 25% race length

Misc F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved for 25% race length 3.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Poubelle submitted a new resource:

F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved for 25% race length - Improvement of tyre compounds and cars slipstream for multi stop strategies

Hello,

This mod is a partial adaptation for F1 2021 of my previous one i made for F1 2020.

At the beginning I wasn't satisfied with the management of the tyres proposed by the game if the race length is set at 25%. There is always only the same strategy proposed (1 stop), and the IA stayed on the same strategy everytime.

Tyre Compounds part

Tyre...

Read more about this resource...

Hello fstlaneukraine.
If the need it's to increase number of pit stops, at 100% i'm not sure it's will be useful to do a mod (don't forget we have a limited number of tyre by race). For 50% not so easy i will check (without any garantee) and it's will take time to check it, obviously.

For slipstream effets only, you have the modmade by strongestfish that are "standalone", so you can use it at 50% or 100%.

Hi there, thank you for the good work. As asked before by another user, are you planning to do a version for the 50% race length?

Last edited:
Good work!
Does the mod take into account that after several career seasons, tire wear decreases due to wear upgrades? I think that if not, then in later seasons everyone will choose the same strategy with one stop.
This written in the upgrades section of xml:
<Upgrade name="radUpgradeTyreWear">
<SuspensionSystem numTyreTypes="2">
<Tyre name="Rear">
<UpgradeWearFactor value="0.8" op="*" />
</Tyre>
<Tyre name="Front">
<UpgradeWearFactor value="0.8" op="*" />

So UpgradeWearFactor multiplies by 0.8(decreases).

You are right. I didn't touch at this point to let the players feel like they had a gain from upgrading their car. I am still hesitant to change this point.

:thumbsdown:
I will perhaps try something for this : my idea is to increase the wear through tyrecompounds (so strategies will not be impacted) and reduce a little the gain of the car upgrades.
At the end : upgrade after upgrade, you are more at ease to reach the strategy without be force to undercut or to be at 75%+ of tyre wear before the next pit stop/end of race.

Last edited:
Great Mod!

I'd like to change some values on my own but can't get it to work. I have edited the values and saved it back to a .erp file I tried it but it didn't work. When I open the tyrecompounds.erp file again there is no .xml file and I have to replace the .erp file with the original one.

Have you encountered the same issue? Did you fix that? I'd like to tweak it so it works for 50% races as well ;)

Hello,
For a 50% races i think you need to change 2 kind of value :

1) the UpgradeWear value on EACH car files, for front and rear tyres. By default set at 1.0. In my mod, set at 2.0. You need perhaps something around 1.5. To be check & test.
For Mercedes, the XMF file is include inside common.erp.
For the others, there a directory for that.
2) and after only, adapt wear of each tyres compounds to fit with the wear prediction of strategies panel. This value (Wear Ratio Min & Max) should be set for each tyres compounds for front and rear insde the tyrecompounds.erp file.

After, how to proceed :
- you need the EGO ERP Archiver 7.0 to be able to open, export and reinport the xml part inside ERP files.
EGO ERP Archiver : https://p2t5r.itch.io/ego-erp-archiver
- before, you need to download NET. Core 3.1 to make it turned (NET CORE 3.1)
NET CORE 3.1 : https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download
- after, you can open the ERP files of tyre compounds for F1 cars which are here :
\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\tyrecompounds
you open the file typecompounds.erp.
- or cars vehicles to change other values
\F1 2021\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\teams
- you export the xml file
- you modify the xml files as you want,
- you import after the new xml file inside the ERP files
- don't forget to make backup
- you can use tools like notepad++ to modify easily xml files.

several key points :
- changing this value could change heavily the strategies proposed ... especialy the UpgradeWear value for each vehicle.
- Don't forgot that tracks don't have the same HARD or MEDIUM or SOFT compounds. So sometime changing the HARD will not change anything for exemple for tracks that use C2/C3/C4. Because the C2 WHITE is in fact the MED tyre compounds.

My advise :
1) try to set the UpgradeWear ratio for 1 vehicle at first to check if the pitstop strategies proposed fit with what you want. For example, Mercedes in common.erp
2) after you adjust the tyres wear inside tyrecompounds.erp when the point 1 is ok only.

For your issue JustAFriendlyAustrian, i don't k.

Normaly, you will have an XML file in some ERP file, not all, it's depend. For the tyrecompounds.erp, there is one. Inside the ERP EGO Archiver, you just have to select the XML part, select the file and export it. After, you import the new one and save the ERP file. That's all normally, i never haved any issue.

Good luck ^^

Last edited:
Poubelle updated F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved for 25% race length with a new update entry:

Add features and updates

- grip and wear slighty updated
- reduction (to 5%) of the effect of wear upgrades to keep some pit stops strategies proposed, after several seasons.
- add mod of Real tire damage for Slicks, Inter and Wets Version 1.3 from micmiller :p did for F1 2020. Works for F1 cars only Slick, INt and Wet tyres.

View attachment 489051
- Wear updated for F2 cars, for short races (equal...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Poubelle updated F1 2021 Tyre performances (and cars) improved for 25% race length with a new update entry:

Model updated : wear, grip, tyre dynamic, speed of grip lose ...

Hello !

A new and big update for me.
I updated my modeling to achieve several goals: :
  1. to increase the grip of the hardest compounds at the end of their life, while retaining the benefit of softer tires, and of course without losing the multi-stop strategies.
  2. to have more "dynamics" between the tires to feel the difference between HARD, MED and SOFT on each track
  3. "feel" the wear and loss of grip, consistent with the stroke length. To be more in difficulty towards the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

got a quastion whitch is better 25 % or 50% for racing and stratagy

I think there is no better race lenght for racing and strategy. I'm trying to have the same approach on both mods (25% and 50%), so the number of pit stops will be the same overall.
The main difference for me is that you prefer to spend 40-50 mins running or less than 25 mins ?
Personally, i prefer the 25% because there is more fighting during the entire race. The 50% gives you more time to work your lap time. It's just different.

Last edited:
Loving this mod so far! one quick question tho. I don't have formation laps on and noticed the tires start basically ice cold. I read that you did want it like that but it seems to me like the AI's tires aren't cold at the start. It takes me basically 1 lap before they are up to temp and by that time I've lost multiple positions. Just wondering if that's a bug or if I'm mistaken. Thank you!

Loving this mod so far! one quick question tho. I don't have formation laps on and noticed the tires start basically ice cold. I read that you did want it like that but it seems to me like the AI's tires aren't cold at the start. It takes me basically 1 lap before they are up to temp and by that time I've lost multiple positions. Just wondering if that's a bug or if I'm mistaken. Thank you!
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback,

I needed a lap and a half before having the tires at the right temperature. Realistic.
But normally tyrecompounds.erp changes are the same for bots. So i believe it doesn't come from that.

My assumption is that on F1 2021 I noticed the bots are very very good with low grip :confused:.
I think maybe we need to train more to be at the right level maybe. (i reduced the AI difficulty too in comparaison of F1 2020).

Update : ok, I checked. There is a lot of feedback on the Steam and Codemaster forums about this. This is not due to my mod. Many players lose 5-6 places at the start and it seems more difficult than in the past. :cautious:

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks for the feedback,

I needed a lap and a half before having the tires at the right temperature. Realistic.
But normally tyrecompounds.erp changes are the same for bots. So i believe it doesn't come from that.

My assumption is that on F1 2021 I noticed the bots are very very good with low grip :confused:.
I think maybe we need to train more to be at the right level maybe. (i reduced the AI difficulty too in comparaison of F1 2020).

Update : ok, I checked. There is a lot of feedback on the Steam and Codemaster forums about this. This is not due to my mod. Many players lose 5-6 places at the start and it seems more difficult than in the past. :cautious:
Ah that explains it! looks like I gotta get training for race starts, I was already pretty bad at it in 2020. Thank you for letting me know!

is it possible to edit the tyrecompounds file to make the temperature normal on starts and after pitstops? I was able to export the xml and open it but had no idea what to edit. Any help is appreciated! :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back