F1 | 2021 Regulations Delayed By One Year In New FIA Statement

i don’t like the closed wheels, but the general Spec car is growing on me, it has some nice fluid lines. Sure I don’t like the halo, but if it saves a couple of lives, I’ll make that concession (who cares...).

The current Indycars are a mixed bag, some sleek lines, but the wheel fairings IMO spoil the final cosmetic appeal. They are ass heavy.

It is not like all previous F1 generations looked great, some of the seventies cars IMO are absolutely horrific and the eighties wasn't all super models either.

...of course most are focused on the safety side of racing, sure I’d like to more competitive close racing. All imo.
I think I read somewhere the rims are open in new cars, only the 3d renders had them closed

I think I read somewhere the rims are open in new cars, only the 3d renders had them closed
Rims are covered 100% + those ingame screenshots I posted above is the only 1 example of a 21/22 rules, where they have the led lights and info actual on the covers, it’s nowhere else in the world that true representation.

It's only an example from the FIA how the car could look. If a team invent an super efficient but ugly car that goes much faster, nobody can stop them. A year later they will all be just as ugly.

I actually quite like the new design, although the covered wheels are weird and the little wings over the front shells are distracting to the eye. On the whole
though, I think it’s quite slick. Frankly the current gen isn’t exactly beautiful, primarily because the lines of the car itself are obscured by the multitudes of winglets and extraneous aero devices. Just get rid of those and go back to cleaner lines and simpler, rawer racing please.

The airo package of car is stated to improve slip streaming. So the car wont get loose close behind another car, due to lack of airo. A problem that has been in F1 since the 90's due to to much freedom in rules for airo. So what we have is whatever we can get in 20220 (Once corona virus is stabilized) 2021 full season then a big change in 2022. The big 3 will dominate tel 2022. Maybe Ferrari may be off like in testing. 2022 will see new airo and salary cap and if it works will be the best season for a long time.

You love where you grew up I guess. They like them hairy, I like them shaved and simple. LOL

Those classic F1 cars never looked bad, exactly how the era looks like. Honestly, they look like Apollo rockets. The new ones looks like my son's RC cars... So I guess he will love them. Everything's in place.. We're just aging...

It's another grey area IMO... LOL I mean for a lazy person like me who don't read, let alone understand what's written in the regulations. I will only have more questions. So is DAS still legal next year if they delayed the new regulation by 1 year?

It's another grey area IMO... LOL I mean for a lazy person like me who don't read, let alone understand what's written in the regulations. I will only have more questions. So is DAS still legal next year if they delayed the new regulation by 1 year?

I wonder about this too .
Is it a) Banned under the new , now 2022, regulations ?
or
b) Banned under a separate rule just for this silliness*

* I love F1's design silliness and would love to see more

Not a fan of ALL of the design elements. But, they are beautiful machines in their own right. I still think back to F1 with Marlboro on the wing when I think of F1 cars. Doubt that ever changes.

I really hope they manage to gain some parity out of the changes. I would love to see there actually be a fight of driver skill vs machine. Not taking anything away from the top teams drivers, they are in the top teams BECAUSE they are top drivers -- but there is no doubt that there are two, maybe 3 classes of car out there currently. I yearn for the day when anyone on the grid has a legit chance at winning any given race, and for there to be significant overtaking. I think the changes will help with both, certainly at least the latter.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%