Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 Realistic Failures , Punctures, Engine & Overtakes Mod 2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Yeah as I said above, due to the white redbull only being available for a short time before codemasters changing back to default colour scheme I decided to not release a patch this time. Dont see any issue with WIlliams or Ferrari halo though
View attachment 512182
now i'm not at home so i can't post the image from my pc. Do you really see no errors on the halo? I mean where the sponsors are… for example riva for ferrari.

In any case I had already tried to do as you said that is to check the game files on steam and re-download and it gives me the same error. No other mods installed (just your other tyretempmod).

Yeah it seems strange, if I get some time early next week I'll try update the mod for the latest version and see if it fixes it. It would make sense if it did as the same erp contain the skins for the cars. it was just as the white redbull is only around for a few weeks it wasnt worth the effort of update and everyone installing again, I was going to do it for the next patch and skip this one. If anyone reading this has manually updated the erp and not changing the car skins sees any difference that would be good to see

Last edited:
Yeah it seems strange, if I get some time early next week I'll try update the mod for the latest version and see if it fixes it. It would make sense if it did as the same erp contain the skins for the cars. it was just as the white redbull is only around for a few weeks it wasnt worth the effort of update and everyone installing again, I was going to do it for the next patch and skip this one. If anyone reading this has manually updated the erp and not changing the car skins sees any difference that would be good to see
ok, at least we understand it's not just my problem! : D

can't wait to try the mod, thanks a lot.

so, I got to try the mod over the weekend.
It is fantastic, but if I have to make some criticisms I tell you that in my opinion (I do the races at 100% of the length):
1. in reality, only in some tracks do the drivers make two stops and almost always use a medium and a hard stint. In the game this never happens, because it is always more convenient to make at least two stops if not three and the hard tire is practically never used.
2. To remedy this, I would try to make sure that the soft is a qualifying tire that degrades to 50% in maximum 10 laps, while medium and hard should have much less degradation, let's say 30 laps for the medium and 50 for le hard?
3. I would try to lower even more the boost that gives you the overtaking mode (if not completely eliminate it but I don't think it can be done) because I find it still too easy to overcome. In reality the drivers do not have this mode, but they have mappings for the complete lap (a bit like the hotlap mode for qualifying) and they only rely on the drs to overtake.
4. given that AI is practically never wrong, it would take something that would lead the drivers to make more mistakes (off the track, collisions with other drivers while overtaking, etc.) but I don't know how you could do it.

Hey Havgard

Glad you are enjoying the mod :)

From your feedback I would say these are comments on both my mods running together? Let me know if thats not the case

1. Yes agree, part of the mod was to try bring in 2 stops closer to 1 stops( Tyre Temp Mod). before due to the amount of time a pit stop took being constant, unless you are playing 100% the only stragegy was 1 stop from soft to medium for every race. The mod should make 2 stops as quick as 1 stops for 50% races. The way wear works the knock on effect of this maybe that 100% races now are 2-3 stops.
I am not sure how many people play 100% but I could release a version with default wear rates for players on 100% races. Unless there is a high demand for this though I wont release.

2. Its not as simple as this as a soft on one track can be hard an other. You have to balance each compound to the one before and the one after so they can all work together, its a right pain I can tell you

3. This can be done. at the moment the boost for overtaking is lower than normally and the storage is much less so you can use it for the same amount of time per lap but it doesnt give you as much boost. Along with this the DRS is much weaker. It can be reduced further if players are still finding it really easy to overtake. My concern about reducing it too much is the ai wont be able to overtake and you get trains everywhere. Thats what happens with the other mods available that increase dirty air. It works much more LRL but the ai just dont ever overtake.

4. Yeah agree they are too perfect. Not see a mistake level value myself. Increasing dirty air and increasing "lift" from slipstream does this but it just turns into a crash fest which is why I tried not to change these figures and make overtaking harder from reduced DRS and overtake boost.

Great feedback, some good points raised. we can customise the mod to what everyone wants (within the limits of the game). I havent had too much feedback since releasing the new temperature model. I can only hope that means everyone is too busy playing lol

Last edited:
Hey Havgard

Glad you are enjoying the mod :)

From your feedback I would say these are comments on both my mods running together? Let me know if thats not the case

1. Yes agree, part of the mod was to try bring in 2 stops closer to 1 stops( Tyre Temp Mod). before due to the amount of time a pit stop took being constant, unless you are playing 100% the only stragegy was 1 stop from soft to medium for every race. The mod should make 2 stops as quick as 1 stops for 50% races. The way wear works the knock on effect of this maybe that 100% races now are 2-3 stops.
I am not sure how many people play 100% but I could release a version with default wear rates for players on 100% races. Unless there is a high demand for this though I wont release.

2. Its not as simple as this as a soft on one track can be hard an other. You have to balance each compound to the one before and the one after so they can all work together, its a right pain I can tell you

3. This can be done. at the moment the boost for overtaking is lower than normally and the storage is much less so you can use it for the same amount of time per lap but it doesnt give you as much boost. Along with this the DRS is much weaker. It can be reduced further if players are still finding it really easy to overtake. My concern about reducing it too much is the ai wont be able to overtake and you get trains everywhere. Thats what happens with the other mods available that increase dirty air. It works much more LRL but the ai just dont ever overtake.

4. Yeah agree they are too perfect. Not see a mistake level value myself. Increasing dirty air and increasing "lift" from slipstream does this but it just turns into a crash fest which is why I tried not to change these figures and make overtaking harder from reduced DRS and overtake boost.

Great feedback, some good points raised. we can customise the mod to what everyone wants (within the limits of the game). I havent had too much feedback since releasing the new temperature model. I can only hope that means everyone is too busy playing lol
yes, i'm also using the other mod for the tires.

unfortunately i'm a fanatic of realism and i don't like playing below 100%. I find that all the charm of F1 based on strategies (undercut, overcut etc ..) is distorted.
But I understand that I am one of the few who play 100%.

See for yourself if it's worth it to change something or it's better to leave it like this. In any case again thank you very much for the mods.
By the way, when do you plan to release the new version compatible with the new patch?

• Deleted member 1031992

You can try to adapt it as a modular so you don't have to update it anymore

andyandy989898 submitted a new resource:

F1 2021 Failures and Punctures Mod - Punctures, Failures

Read more about this resource...
Hi, my friend, you're wrong.

If you watched races, you know that engines do not lose power by following the other for a long time, but it spends more tire and gas ...

This is the vacuum effect.

When a back car follows another, the air vacuum (even with some turbulence depending on the aerodynamics) ends up "pull", paste the nose of the car from behind, the rear of the front car, giving free performance gain, saving the Temporarily car.

What you said you did in the mod, is the inverse of what is actually at this point.

Hi

Haha thanks for heads up, funny as all I have done is tweak the effects set by Codemasters.

Also to be clear its not the following of the car in front that causes loss of power but the overheating of the engine as not as much air is taken in due to the vacuum effect

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1031992

If you are referring to engine overheating, it is realistic since the air the following car passes through allowed the front car to cool down.

hi, i've notice that if you get a puncture the tyre will became immediately soft even with other compound
1635285191770.jpeg

Hey i would really like if you replied to my comment cuz i would really like to use this mod
Sorry Isaac

I answered the same question not long before you asked and I thought I had responded to you

You need to use a program to extract the XML file from the ERP file. You can then use them to make the changes. The edits for my mod are on the main description page. Then you need to reimport back into the ERP and save over the original file. It sounds complicated but easy once you know the process. There are some great videos on YouTube that show where to get the software and the steps.
Have fun modding

Last edited:
Sorry Isaac

I answered the same question not long before you asked and I thought I had responded to you

You need to use a program to extract the XML file from the ERP file. You can then use them to make the changes. The edits for my mod are on the main description page. Then you need to reimport back into the ERP and save over the original file. It sounds complicated but easy once you know the process. There are some great videos on YouTube that show where to get the software and the steps.
Have fun modding
Ok thanks!

Sorry Isaac

Have fun modding
im very sorry for bothering you but i have no idea what im doing so can you please send me a easy yt video that explains what to do to extract the XML file from the ERP file and everything else

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 193 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%