Resource icon

Misc F1 2021 Realistic Failures , Punctures, Engine & Overtakes Mod 2.5

Login or Register an account to download this content
Not tested. Puncture mod would need to be manually installed as use the same ERP files. I think the dirty air mod would cause a double effect of difficultly of overtaking so wouldn't recommend. The overtaking changes in this mod have the same effect but done in a different way to keep the ai stable.
Engine overheating and drs will be felt by ai too.
Tyre temp mod should be ok with dirty air mod

Last edited:
What about the improved aero for more battles mod. By changing the aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift value and aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag does that make your mod not work?

Last edited:
One thing I am noticing is that, in my team, my ERS is getting stuck on and i'm having a failure of some sort every race. Why would the ERS get stuck on. It was even off then the game turned it on and I could never get it back off.

Last question, lol, could this mod possible cause me to raise my AI difficulty? Im running far up in the pack, when I shouldn't be. Keep increasing the AI and it's not doing much

Hi! I've got a question:
Is there a guide on how to merge this with other mods? I'm trying to use a custom livery pack along side this.
Thanks for ur time.

Hi! I've got a question:
Is there a guide on how to merge this with other mods? I'm trying to use a custom livery pack along side this.
Thanks for ur time.
Hi

sorry for delay getting back to you. You need to use a program to extract the XML file from the ERP file. You can then make the changes. The edits for my mod are on the main description page. Then you need to reimport back into the ERP and save over the original file. It sounds complicated but easy once you know the process. There are some great videos on YouTube that show where to get the software and the steps.
Have fun modding

Andy

No this is not coded into the game unfortunately. They are affected by damage and tyre punctures from running too long on going over the % set
That's a shame. I hate to be petty but that unfortunately is an issue for me, you see I don't want AI to get unfair advantage :p Maybe some day I'll download this, who knows. For me it's just simply more enjoyable if features are both for player and AI, be it good thing or bad thing. Like punctures. Anyway it's not your fault.

Loving your tyre temp mod though! Definitely makes racing more interesting when I actually have to work to keep the temps up on some tracks!

Ok understand but you do hear Jeff saying that the car Infront/behind have an issue and will be slow so they do have issues. And before this years game only they had retirements.
The puncture aspect of the mod is very small to be honest. I am sure most people just use a flashback but it is fun when you get puncture and then the blow out throws you into the wall uncontrollably, even if you do use flashback straight after lol.

Last edited:
I have no way to test the mod because when I copy the files some cars are in low resolution (red bull, ferrari, williams). Maybe it's the fault of the latest patch? because the red bull with your mod returns to blue.

Thats strange I am running it without any issue. I will take a look, I wasnt planning on doing an update for the last patch because the only change is the Redbull and that is going to be changed back soon anyway

1634910387274.png

Just reinstalled all the mods and tried a race. Everything looks fine. I would maybe do a verify of game files in steam and reinstall mods if you having issues

Last edited:
View attachment 512175
Just reinstalled all the mods and tried a race. Everything looks fine. I would maybe do a verify of game files in steam and reinstall mods if you having issues
from the image you posted I see that you too have the same problem! the red bull with the latest patch should be white instead with your mod it stays blue. Try to check the halo of the ferrari and the williams and you will see that the textures are grainy.

from the image you posted I see that you too have the same problem! the red bull with the latest patch should be white instead with your mod it stays blue. Try to check the halo of the ferrari and the williams and you will see that the textures are grainy.
Yeah as I said above, due to the white redbull only being available for a short time before codemasters changing back to default colour scheme I decided to not release a patch this time. Dont see any issue with WIlliams or Ferrari halo though
1634911984036.png

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 194 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 379 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing