F1 2021 modeling progress

Jermaine

Premium
SOOO!

I have been out of modeling f1 cars for a long while but now I am working on a f1 2021 car.
it won't be perfect because... well been some time hahahaha.
but here the first images. I am now mapping the car because then I can design it, though I HATE mapping so much!

Making a low poly first and then I can make it a hi poly model after it.

Attachments

• untitled.3259.png
    untitled.3259.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 564
  • untitled.3256.png
    untitled.3256.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,347
so mapping pretty much done, not the nicest mapping skills from me... but hey... it is able to be painting hehe.
again not a perfect model has some errors and isn't the cleanest model out there, but look pretty decent?

Attachments

• untitled.3268.png
    untitled.3268.png
    868.4 KB · Views: 653
  • untitled.3267.png
    untitled.3267.png
    839.1 KB · Views: 602
  • untitled.3269.png
    untitled.3269.png
    646.4 KB · Views: 385
here a bit with a demo redbull skin

Attachments

• untitled.3285.png
    untitled.3285.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 858
  • untitled.3278.png
    untitled.3278.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 462
  • untitled.3277.png
    untitled.3277.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 550
  • untitled.3276.png
    untitled.3276.png
    693.1 KB · Views: 447
Reactions: Dux
So worked on some updates, some body lines and some fixed to the model as well. And mapping improvement however I am far from good in mapping so there is there

Attachments

• untitled.3293.png
    untitled.3293.png
    972.5 KB · Views: 365
  • untitled.3292.png
    untitled.3292.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 335
It looks very nice i like how the skids raise high under side pod. And the floor ramps up behind the wing. I was thinking when was the last time we had slip streaming airo in F1 it was back in the mid 90's. Airo lost control and his taken 24 years to try to get it back. That is a long time going in the wrong direction. Due to to much freedom in the airo rules. I hope this is a step in the right direction but its 2 years away.

I have someone helping me out with it being made in it, BUT that person is having some small issues with 3dsimed atm.
And I never made a model in a game properly ^^

On a side note: Any chance you'll do more than one model, or perhaps some variations/twists on certain parts? Such as wheel cover/no wheel cover, or different front wing designs? Or perhaps a version with an aeroscreen instead of a halo?

racefansdotnet-different-cars.jpg

Looks fantastic!
If this does make it into Assetto Corsa will the HALO be removable, or is it an integral part of the design? Reason for my question, HALOs on F1 cars (and windscreen struts, metal grids, meshes etc on other cars) can be an annoyance in VR. I personally always remove the HALO in F1 cars if that option is available, and don't tend to drive cars with any obstacles that are close to my virtual face and in the direct line of sight during driving. They make my eyes go a bit squiffy.
Just thought I'd raise it now in case it affects anyone else as well.
Cheers!

Hi sorry for the later reply, for different versions of the car, maybe. maybe just the front part and the front wing, the body itself probably not? P.s seeing a Mclaren like style on that green one. That looked... special haha

@Mascot, maybe, I haven't planned it atm, but let me see what I can do. I am myself cannot convert it to any games. So someone is trying to help me out atm for it

Hi sorry for the later reply, for different versions of the car, maybe. maybe just the front part and the front wing, the body itself probably not?
That's pretty much what I meant. Maybe two or three different front parts, maybe a version with or without shark fin (as seen on the blue car) would be cool. And personally I'd love to see an aeroscreen instead of the halo :D

Thank you Bram, I do truly appreciate that!

here a small update for the model.
the tires: made it like the model showed, and also the windtunel model with the 2008 like style, and also I made the tires more round, they were to flat.

also made a BIG update for the cockpit model itself.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 256
  • cockpit.JPG
    cockpit.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 241

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline