F1 2021 Extreme, Medium and Realistic Damage

Misc F1 2021 Extreme, Medium and Realistic Damage Update 6

Login or Register an account to download this content
StrongestFish submitted a new resource:

F1 2021 Extreme, Medium and Realistic Damage - More AI crashes

This mod increases damage sensitivity in "Simulation" mode for AI and player.

Unfortunately there is no way to affect damage for new parts such as sidepod, rear wing etc., so this is not changed. Mod affect only to front wings and suspension.

The main goal of the mod is to add more AI crashes and random safety cars that change the course of the race.
Crashes only occur when the AI (or player) touches each other, causing damage.
The AI's are very careful when fighting each other, and...

Read more about this resource...

I feel that IA is more prudent than for F1 2020. In Realistic, i have no more crash, and for medium, a lot with huge crashs. Sensitivity seems to not being the same than in F1 2020. It's difficult to set. :thumbsdown: .

Last edited:
I feel that IA is more prudent than for F1 2020. In Realistic, i have no more crash, and for medium, a lot with huge crashs. Sensitivity seems to not being the same than in F1 2020. It's difficult to set. :thumbsdown: .
I just used the same numbers as in 2020. Realistic is still very sensitive compared to 2018-2019 and absolutely not realistic.
What tracks did you go on, what distances, did the dirty air change?

I did my tests usefully with Monza and Monaco.
The first corners are a good test for me.

With Realistic values, I didn't have any yellow flag or little contact between AI cars.
With medium, there is a huge impact. I'm trying to find a balance actually.

For dirty air, i use 0.8 for drag and 0.9 for lift.

I did my tests usefully with Monza and Monaco.
The first corners are a good test for me.

With Realistic values, I didn't have any yellow flag or little contact between AI cars.
With medium, there is a huge impact. I'm trying to find a balance actually.

For dirty air, i use 0.8 for drag and 0.9 for lift.
Realistic is designed to ensure that in the middle of 50-100% of the race once or twice the AI collided and caused a random safety car. They should not crash at every start. The medium one adds chaos to short races, so everything works as it should. Read the description.

Here is my video of Raikkonen getting a puncture (finally the AI get them.....), this was from a replay viewing back AI DNF's from the superb full race replays in F1 2021.

Only found this due to Mazepin hitting him further along, who Terminal Damage'd from the clash. I couldnt keep the Mazepin part in as the filesize would be too large.

Enjoy!

Last edited:
I don't know if you know this, but you say it's not possible to affect sidepod, floor, diffuser etc. damage - I've just looked through the ferrari.vtf in the ERP Archiver - damage settings for the rest of the car are in a different section of the XML under <F1BodyDamage>. You might want to check that out. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    40.6 KB · Views: 106
I don't know if you know this, but you say it's not possible to affect sidepod, floor, diffuser etc. damage - I've just looked through the ferrari.vtf in the ERP Archiver - damage settings for the rest of the car are in a different section of the XML under <F1BodyDamage>. You might want to check that out. :thumbsup:
Of course I have seen this, but changing MaxDamage to 1 or 1000 instead of 80 does not give any effect. The other lines are not about the sensitivity of damage.

How about this? Found this entry:

<ConvexHullData numVertices="2" name="x2_floor_damage_l" generated="true">
<HullVertex x="0.1854601" y="0.09975362" z="-1.54828179" />
<HullVertex x="0.7966405" y="0.23419556" z="0.5677398" />

A whole load of entries regarding the different chassis parts. Wing mirror, canopy, sidepod, sidewing, etc. although that's the only one I can see with the word "damage" included. Perhaps the splines control damage rates?

How about this? Found this entry:

<ConvexHullData numVertices="2" name="x2_floor_damage_l" generated="true">
<HullVertex x="0.1854601" y="0.09975362" z="-1.54828179" />
<HullVertex x="0.7966405" y="0.23419556" z="0.5677398" />

A whole load of entries regarding the different chassis parts. Wing mirror, canopy, sidepod, sidewing, etc. although that's the only one I can see with the word "damage" included. Perhaps the splines control damage rates?
No, it's collision parameters that the game engine uses to calculate the bulges of the car(Convex Hull, Hull Vertex). It's not about the damage sensitivity.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 312 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 444 39.5%