F1 2020 F1 2020 | Update 1.5 Now Available On PC - Console To Follow

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a new update for F1 2020, bringing the PC version of the game to version 1.4 status, with console updates to follow shortly.
  • New update resolves various minor issues within the game.
  • Mercedes and McLaren livery updates still not deployed.
  • Contains various stability fixes.

F1 2020 | 2019 vs 2020 Gameplay at Spa: Click Here.

Already proving to be an impressively expansive and tidy game when it launched back on July 6th, F1 2020 has now received update 1.5 with the intention of addressing a few small details that have been identified by the community since the game first hit the public domain.

Offering an improved offline and online experience over its predecessor within the series, including the well received new 'My Team' career mode feature, F1 2020 is certainly a worthy entry into the franchise, straddling the line between accessible and realistic remarkably well as Codemasters look to continue their ever improving officially licensed franchise of Grand Prix racing games.

In the spirit of improvement, the new patch has been deployed to the PC variant of the game earlier today, and comes complete with a number of minor fixes to some of the outstanding issues within the title. From bug fixing to some visual improvements (but still no new Mercedes livery...), the update is small but still highly useful, especially the fixes around game stability and crash reductions.

Xbox One and PS4 players can expect an update to drop within the next couple of weeks.

F1 2020 Update.jpg

F1 2020 V1.5 Update Notes (PC)
  • Fixed a crash that would occur after beating a rival in Time Trial
  • Players will no longer be incorrectly disqualified for not using the mandatory tyres during a race
  • Qualifying times seen on the grid rundown are now correct
  • Gearbox wear is no longer scaled based on season length
  • Fixed the missing heads on the podium in Multiplayer
  • Speeding when the Virtual Safety Car is ending will now correctly penalise clients in a multiplayer session
  • When using a wheel car controls will no longer control the camera at race start
  • Vietnam track introduction video now shows the correct number of DRS zones
  • The character walking on water during the introduction cutscene at Australia now correctly has a boat to stand on
  • Fixed Sponsor logos on suits appearing stretched in certain conditions.
  • Fixed several end of season Sponsor payments.
  • Improved abrupt Force Feedback issue under braking on Direct Drive wheels
  • A use flashback prompt will now be shown the first time the player goes off track or collides with another vehicle
  • Numerous text and localisation fixes
  • Various other stability and bug fixes

F1 2020 is available now on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
That is because they are not scared, they just don't care about the marginal amount of players who are interested in driving in their F1game if it had VR. So they cannot conceive to spend any time and particularly money on VR users.

Much easier to milk the usual crowd selling them the exact same game year after year. I have zero interest in hacking any half ass VR wannabe experience, for this game or any other when I can spend time in excellent VR implementation in other game (but thank you for offering).

Yesterday afternoon I raced a full 1991 F1 grid in Hockenheim, thank you ASR, in AC, it was epic. Codemaster can take their time, no issue for me.

Biggest discussion threads on steam F12020 are about VR. The game engine is same than Dirt Rally 2.0 which has native VR-support. The developement cost can't be the issue as they have done it for Dirt Rally 2.0 that is far less popular (7-10x less popular regarding just to steam charts).

I'm fairly sure the extra sales from "No-VR, no buy" would easily cover the expenses for developement cost for native VR-support. I would say they are just leaving money on the table here unless they have plans to change the game engine for next years release.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back