F1 2020 F1 2020 | Update 1.5 Now Available On PC - Console To Follow

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a new update for F1 2020, bringing the PC version of the game to version 1.4 status, with console updates to follow shortly.
  • New update resolves various minor issues within the game.
  • Mercedes and McLaren livery updates still not deployed.
  • Contains various stability fixes.

F1 2020 | 2019 vs 2020 Gameplay at Spa: Click Here.

Already proving to be an impressively expansive and tidy game when it launched back on July 6th, F1 2020 has now received update 1.5 with the intention of addressing a few small details that have been identified by the community since the game first hit the public domain.

Offering an improved offline and online experience over its predecessor within the series, including the well received new 'My Team' career mode feature, F1 2020 is certainly a worthy entry into the franchise, straddling the line between accessible and realistic remarkably well as Codemasters look to continue their ever improving officially licensed franchise of Grand Prix racing games.

In the spirit of improvement, the new patch has been deployed to the PC variant of the game earlier today, and comes complete with a number of minor fixes to some of the outstanding issues within the title. From bug fixing to some visual improvements (but still no new Mercedes livery...), the update is small but still highly useful, especially the fixes around game stability and crash reductions.

Xbox One and PS4 players can expect an update to drop within the next couple of weeks.

F1 2020 Update.jpg

F1 2020 V1.5 Update Notes (PC)
  • Fixed a crash that would occur after beating a rival in Time Trial
  • Players will no longer be incorrectly disqualified for not using the mandatory tyres during a race
  • Qualifying times seen on the grid rundown are now correct
  • Gearbox wear is no longer scaled based on season length
  • Fixed the missing heads on the podium in Multiplayer
  • Speeding when the Virtual Safety Car is ending will now correctly penalise clients in a multiplayer session
  • When using a wheel car controls will no longer control the camera at race start
  • Vietnam track introduction video now shows the correct number of DRS zones
  • The character walking on water during the introduction cutscene at Australia now correctly has a boat to stand on
  • Fixed Sponsor logos on suits appearing stretched in certain conditions.
  • Fixed several end of season Sponsor payments.
  • Improved abrupt Force Feedback issue under braking on Direct Drive wheels
  • A use flashback prompt will now be shown the first time the player goes off track or collides with another vehicle
  • Numerous text and localisation fixes
  • Various other stability and bug fixes

F1 2020 is available now on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

F1 2020 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh good, maybe my My Team won't need 7 :) gearboxes to get through the second season. Really enjoying My Team but the gearbox wear was (well, hopefully, was) excessive compared to the engine components.

My 'My Team' car is a deathtrap I don't think the FIA would allow, we've spent all our development points on the engine (Honda now has the fastest and most durable engine on the grid) and durability, almost nothing on aero and chassis. It's a rocket on tracks with long straights. It's truly awful on street tracks. With even mild tyre wear through fast sweeping corners, the car attempts to find the nearest wall. I think this may be why my young second driver is struggling with the car a bit.

Bug fixing is good and all but i dont understand why they dont patch in the new liveries and make realistic car performances.
Yes, we cant be 100% sure right now how the teams perform and we may need one or two more races in the dry, but still, it cant get worse than it is right now. Nothing speaks against doing a little car performance patch again in a month, but right now, it keeps me from playing career or myTeam mode. I dont want to fight against Racing Point in the first races while Ferrari gets wins just to have them switch around again and me not having the slightest chance to beat either of them (apart from the fact that its the 2020 game and i want realistic car performances).

Bug fixing is good and all but i dont understand why they dont patch in the new liveries and make realistic car performances.
Yes, we cant be 100% sure right now how the teams perform and we may need one or two more races in the dry, but still, it cant get worse than it is right now. Nothing speaks against doing a little car performance patch again in a month, but right now, it keeps me from playing career or myTeam mode. I dont want to fight against Racing Point in the first races while Ferrari gets wins just to have them switch around again and me not having the slightest chance to beat either of them (apart from the fact that its the 2020 game and i want realistic car performances).

Guessing they will release it at the same time with console.... thats what i think

Hmm... They still haven't fixed a problem that myself and many others have reported with the Multiplayer ""Communicating with online services"" message taking over the screen, many times mid race, making it impossible to see whats going on at 300kph!!! Nothing wrong with my internet connection. ACC multiplayer works just fine.

There are too many problems in the game. The indicator lights on the steering wheel are not correct. For example, the DRS area and the activation and overtaking mode are not used (although the electronic screen turns green)

VR! Finally!

Actually you're not that far off.

Using vorpX and Opentrack it is possible, but with caveats. Broadbent tried it and confirmed that it worked well, but ultimately it resulted in a carpet pizza for him - there was a disconnect between real head movement and game head movement which did negatively affect him.

Honestly, if you can run a piece of 3rd party software to "hack" VR into the F1 games (it works with '19 '18 '17) then there's absolutely no believable technical reason why F1 2020 couldn't offer a native VR implementation right from the get go. In fact I have no idea why Codemasters seem so scared of VR.

If you're interested here's the video which I believe Broadbent used as an instructional - Oh and vorpX costs around €40 $40 £30 and it may not work for you

In fact I have no idea why Codemasters seem so scared of VR.
That is because they are not scared, they just don't care about the marginal amount of players who are interested in driving in their F1game if it had VR. So they cannot conceive to spend any time and particularly money on VR users.

Much easier to milk the usual crowd selling them the exact same game year after year. I have zero interest in hacking any half ass VR wannabe experience, for this game or any other when I can spend time in excellent VR implementation in other game (but thank you for offering).

Yesterday afternoon I raced a full 1991 F1 grid in Hockenheim, thank you ASR, in AC, it was epic. Codemaster can take their time, no issue for me.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.2%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 277 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing