F1 2020 F1 2020 | Update 1.17 Release

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a new hotfix update to F1 2020, moving the racing title to build 1,17 update release status and adding a number of fixes and developments to the official Formula One game.

The latest hotfix update to make its way into Formula One 2020 has been released by Codemasters, as the development team behind the official Formula One videogame continue to mop up the remaining issues that have been reported by the large F1 2020 racing community.

This new build, marked up as version 1.17, adds a number of helpful fixes to various issues within the title such including unexpected game crashes, blue flag logic and points allocation amongst others - details of which can be found in the update notes from Codemasters below:

F1 2020 Update 3.jpg

F1® 2020 PATCH NOTES - v1.17

Patch 1.17 is out now on PC, Xbox, PS4 and coming very soon to Google Stadia - and you can check out the notes below:
  • Addressed an issue where tyre temperature could be at absolute zero after re-joining a session.
  • Addressed an issue starting the game with a steering wheel plugged in.
  • Addressed an issue with countback and declaring a winner when finish a world championship on the same points as another driver.
  • Addressed an issue where the incorrect message could be displayed when overtaken in the safety car queue.
  • Parc Ferme rules are now correctly retained in Leagues after using split-weekends.
  • Lap counter will now show the correct lap in Spectator after a formation lap.
  • Addressed a crash when viewing replays of F2™ races after completing the F2™ portion of a career.
  • Addressed an issue where players were unable to join a Private League with an access code.
  • Addressed an issue where blue flags could be shown to all players if someone quit and re-joined on the formation lap.
  • Addressed an issue where the yellow flag message could persist after the Safety Car had gone on after a player had quit and re-joined a session.

Original Source: Codemasters F1

F1 2020 is available on both PC and console now.

For the latest chat and news around Formula One 2020, head over to the F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today.

F1 2020 Update 1.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe as PSVR2 is on the horizon, plus Codemasters have been bought by EA, it might be the catalyst for change and we eventually get VR.

I would love to play this game due to its career mode, but cant enjoy it on a flat screen sadly, VR has put a stop to flat screen racing completely for me.

I have been playing one of the Race Department mods for AMS2, once the full custom championship arrives that will awesome, the F1 cars in AMS2 are fantastic to drive, the detail in the handling and ffb is superb.

Worth trying if anyone hasnt yet!

It is strange that F1 20xx and FM7 or FH4 do not have VR yet, surely those huge studios, with almost unlimited resources, at least when compared to smaller studio like Kunos, SMS, SimBin, etc..., cannot muster VR for their games. Even modders can now add VR to older SIM like GTR or AMS1.
Maybe, something, that they will never admit, makes it impossible for their game to work in VR. I do not see any other reason, as adding VR would increase the player base, which those title are all about, scarifying truer simulation for playability/popularity/money.

I don't really understand why people buy these codemasters titles. Assetto Corsa and the RSS mods give you everything you would ever need. Plus, RSS do a lotus 79...

I can also get a good smattering of 90s F1 cars from asr formula (which drive quite well - I love the Tyrrell 020).
While I enjoy F1 2020 very much with wheel and pedals, AC is of course more enjoyable to drive. That's where AC's adavantage starts and ends. The whole racing experience is much much better in F1 2020. In AC you don't even have DRS rules, AI is also much worse in F1 cars. (I don't even play career, just solo races.)

An interesting stat I would like to share with the community, about how many simracers play F1 2020. 3,4% of the Steam playerbase of F1 2020 unlocked the achievement Become One with the Car - Complete a race using Elite Driver Proficiency. And there are arguably more simracers on PC than consoles.

Last edited:
And they'll just remove the career mode, just so there's a good force feedback for a small bunch of hardcore simracers? Like they did in ACC. This would be very bad and would kill the game for most players.
or maybe f1 also gives the license to kunos so that we the simracers get what we want, and the casuals and content creators get their codies career mode ad revenue

AC doesn't have the addictive career mode with roleplaying as F1 driver and even team owner
AC doesn't have casual-friendly physics
AC doesn't have a good balance of AI opponents
AC doesn't have a simulation of R&D developments progression which is most important part of real F1
AC doesn't have races with safety cars and tyre strategies.

Assetto Corsa has almost nothing but bare tracks and cars with good feedback.

I don't really understand why somebody don't really understand why people buy these codemasters titles :)

Because AC is a simulator.

Have you ever tried to play ACC in VR? GPUs don't yet exist to run that at a playable FPS without looking worse than iRacing at lowest settings.

I am running ACC in VR with very enjoyable results, the whole 700+ Hours that I have driven this simulator, all of that with CV1 and a GTX 1080ti.

Look around in the different thread on how to optimize VR settings, that is if you are more interested in enjoying the game you purchased than to complain about a non issue. Pro tip, lowering settings is not helping (except for mirrors)

ACC could be better in VR, probably will, if UE4 improves, as I don't think Kunos can do a whole lot about it.

Hundreds of user enjoy ACC in VR, it is time to stop the smearing. No it is not perfect, yes there is better VR out there, but ACC is a good VR experience and can be enjoyed as such.

Personally I love F1 2020 and it is far in a way the game I play the most. If I am honest I am rather surprised codies are still updating it. I play exclusively offline so these updates don't help me much but it's good to see they are trying to improve the online community.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%