F1 2020 F1 2020 | Update 1.17 Release

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have released a new hotfix update to F1 2020, moving the racing title to build 1,17 update release status and adding a number of fixes and developments to the official Formula One game.

The latest hotfix update to make its way into Formula One 2020 has been released by Codemasters, as the development team behind the official Formula One videogame continue to mop up the remaining issues that have been reported by the large F1 2020 racing community.

This new build, marked up as version 1.17, adds a number of helpful fixes to various issues within the title such including unexpected game crashes, blue flag logic and points allocation amongst others - details of which can be found in the update notes from Codemasters below:

F1 2020 Update 3.jpg

F1® 2020 PATCH NOTES - v1.17

Patch 1.17 is out now on PC, Xbox, PS4 and coming very soon to Google Stadia - and you can check out the notes below:
  • Addressed an issue where tyre temperature could be at absolute zero after re-joining a session.
  • Addressed an issue starting the game with a steering wheel plugged in.
  • Addressed an issue with countback and declaring a winner when finish a world championship on the same points as another driver.
  • Addressed an issue where the incorrect message could be displayed when overtaken in the safety car queue.
  • Parc Ferme rules are now correctly retained in Leagues after using split-weekends.
  • Lap counter will now show the correct lap in Spectator after a formation lap.
  • Addressed a crash when viewing replays of F2™ races after completing the F2™ portion of a career.
  • Addressed an issue where players were unable to join a Private League with an access code.
  • Addressed an issue where blue flags could be shown to all players if someone quit and re-joined on the formation lap.
  • Addressed an issue where the yellow flag message could persist after the Safety Car had gone on after a player had quit and re-joined a session.

Original Source: Codemasters F1

F1 2020 is available on both PC and console now.

For the latest chat and news around Formula One 2020, head over to the F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment and get yourself involved in the conversation today.

F1 2020 Update 1.jpg

Last edited:
I don't really understand why people buy these codemasters titles. Assetto Corsa and the RSS mods give you everything you would ever need. Plus, RSS do a lotus 79...

I can also get a good smattering of 90s F1 cars from asr formula (which drive quite well - I love the Tyrrell 020).

I don't really understand why people buy these codemasters titles. Assetto Corsa and the RSS mods give you everything you would ever need. Plus, RSS do a lotus 79...
AC doesn't have the addictive career mode with roleplaying as F1 driver and even team owner
AC doesn't have casual-friendly physics
AC doesn't have a good balance of AI opponents
AC doesn't have a simulation of R&D developments progression which is most important part of real F1
AC doesn't have races with safety cars and tyre strategies.

Assetto Corsa has almost nothing but bare tracks and cars with good feedback.

I don't really understand why somebody don't really understand why people buy these codemasters titles :)

Last edited:
AC doesn't have the addictive career mode with roleplaying as F1 driver and even team owner
AC doesn't have casual-friendly physics
AC doesn't have a good balance of AI opponents
AC doesn't have a simulation of R&D developments progression which is most important part of real F1
AC doesn't have races with safety cars and tyre strategies.

Assetto Corsa has almost nothing but bare tracks and cars with good feedback.

I don't really understand why somebody don't really understand why people buy these codemasters titles :)
That's the point. I bought both and enjoy them, as people should. Ngl, having file corrupted in career 3 times in 2 games isn't good, but hey, you can always start a new one.

So, most "fixes" are for multiplayer. Great.

Why would they bother to fix the issue, that fastest laps in F2 races - when using rewind - do not count, even though they are not flagged as bad.
When do they fix, that when I tell my engineer right at the start of the lap to box, that my teammate does not the exact same thing right before me - where I am racing for the championship.
When do they fix the random issue, where your engineer tells you to pit in lap 2, but when you don't - and go for timed stop, you will get the same tyres as before and have to pit again?
When do they fix, that the A.I. autoscooters your back even on a straight when racing on ideal line?
When do they fix, the A.I. actually recognizing a player is not an A.I. racer who will not superexactly react like the programmed values?
When do they fix that you are able to overtake the whole field at the warm up lap, without facing a penalty?
When do they change that the replay/rewind function is not actually forcing you to fast forward to the point before the accident, if you don't want to race 1/4 of the lap again?
When do they fix the drivers' abilities in F2 do resemble reality and not drive like a train, no accidents, no errors, no aggressiveness and MSC being 16th?
When do they fix, if the A.I. crashes into your back at a corner in free practice, but you get a grid penalty?

They never will, because they are not able to do so.

Last edited:

I can also get a good smattering of 90s F1 cars from asr formula (which drive quite well - I love the Tyrrell 020).

Sadly, AC is not even raceable on 95% of the time for me, sometimes is a hotlap and showcase sim, and this is sad, the only thing AC needs is a good AI to be GOAT.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 152 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%