F1 2020 F1 2020 | Update 1.12 Now Available

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2020 players on Xbox, PlayStation and PC have a new update to enjoy.

Codemasters hinted last week that a new build of F1 2020 with the latest team performance updates was on the way, and now the development team have come good on that promise - with build 1.12 available for both console and PC.

Check out the preview post from last week, HERE.

Patch 1.12 is out now on PC, Xbox and PS4 and will be out on Google Stadia very soon.
  • Vehicle performance has been updated based on real-life performance (additional details below).
  • Livery updates for Ferrari and Red Bull.
  • Team-wear updates for Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull and McLaren.
  • Fixed an exploit in time trial and events caused by entering and fast-forwarding an instant replay.
  • Fixed an issue that caused a colour mis-match between sponsors on suits, helmets and car liveries on PS4 Pro.
  • Fixed an issue that caused the McLaren race-suit to appear broken for the player character in Driver Career.
  • Fixed a progression issue in My Team.
  • Fixed an issue in multiplayer that allowed the player to start a flying lap in qualifying when there is not enough time left in the session.
  • Fixed an issue in multiplayer that stopped corner-cutting penalties being applied when quitting and re-joining a race after a formation lap.
  • Improved texture quality on several customisation items.
  • Addressed an FPS issue when re-joining a race
  • Title stability improvements.
Season Performance Rebalance
  • Racing Point performance improved.
  • Ferrari performance decreased.
  • Alfa Romeo performance decreased.
  • Haas performance decreased.

F1 2020 is available now on both console and PC.

Got yourself in a tangle with the sim? Need some help getting the best from F1 2020? No worries, ask our community! Head over to the F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, start up a new thread, and let the community be your guide!

F1 2020 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Tinfoil hat moment but I'm 100% sure that this is all Ferrari's PR team fault; the 3 month delay, the slight performance decreases; they can't accept that their car is that bad and the "bad PR" that having it be the 6th car on the grid in the game, even though everybody knows where they are right now IRL.
It's definitely a shocker.

Tinfoil hat moment but I'm 100% sure that this is all Ferrari's PR team fault; the 3 month delay, the slight performance decreases; they can't accept that their car is that bad and the "bad PR" that having it be the 6th car on the grid in the game, even though everybody knows where they are right now IRL.
And they didn't even update the performance in My Team...The main selling point of this years game...The main topic (apart from multiplayer) of every gameplay video on Youtube

I was going to write about cockpit views and Act Blue but that would probably get me banned, so no. If you really want to mimic this year, Almost all sims included graphic options to remove the audience, so you can achieve that yourself. Next delete all the tracks that were skipped. Yes, delete them, No Viet Nam, No Austin, Should be about 13 tracks you must remove. Then go find the replacements. Good luck.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 267 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 176 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 178 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 131 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 235 13.5%