F1 2020 Ultra grip & car stability

Misc F1 2020 Ultra grip & car stability Update 9

Login or Register an account to download this content
Great job. Is it possible to have a file and/or edit the grip ONLY when the track is Wet?
I just can't get used to a Wet track.
Open xml's for manual installation with any text editor, find lines <MinGripMultiplier value="1" /> (for front & rear). It's grip in wet conditions. 0,55 by default. Set to 0,55 or 0,75 or 0,85 like you want.
After this do manual installation as described on mod description page under spoiler.

Open xml's for manual installation with any text editor, find lines <MinGripMultiplier value="1" /> (for front & rear). It's grip in wet conditions. 0,55 by default. Set to 0,55 or 0,75 or 0,85 like you want.
After this do manual installation as described on mod description page under spoiler.

I'm sorry but I'm dumb when it comes to modding this game. Can you be more specific with the XMLs? Where are they located? What's the actual file name?

I'm sorry but I'm dumb when it comes to modding this game. Can you be more specific with the XMLs? Where are they located? What's the actual file name?
Xml's included into archive with mod, all other info described in instruction about manual installation on the mod description page under spoiler(called "instruction on how to combine this mod with skin mods", but in your case just use it for editing the mod).

Xml's included into archive with mod, all other info described in instruction about manual installation on the mod description page under spoiler(called "instruction on how to combine this mod with skin mods", but in your case just use it for editing the mod).

Ah I see. Thank you.

Going through the files, it appears there is no differentiation between Dry and Wet conditions - only a primary "Min Grip Multiplier". Am I reading that correctly? Or does the game look to the Min Grip Multiplier ONLY when the track is Wet, and uses a different value for Dry conditions?

Ah I see. Thank you.

Going through the files, it appears there is no differentiation between Dry and Wet conditions - only a primary "Min Grip Multiplier". Am I reading that correctly? Or does the game look to the Min Grip Multiplier ONLY when the track is Wet, and uses a different value for Dry conditions?
There is only MinGrip and MaxGrip in the car files. So Max it is grip on fresh slicks(1.0 by default), Min it is worn tyres and wet conditions(0,55 by default). More specific grip parameters located in Tyrecompounds.erp, but to edit this needed much more work and number matching.

I'm trying to have the AI make bigger mistakes - I tried setting DampingConstantForAI to 0, assuming it would make the AI more unstable, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas?

I'm trying to have the AI make bigger mistakes - I tried setting DampingConstantForAI to 0, assuming it would make the AI more unstable, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas?
Yes, this damping to 0 does not increase AI mistakes. But damping for AI to 20000 gives later braking, but unplayable because of massive pile-ups in Baku castle section.
Most effective way:
In file tyrecompounds.erp parameters <OffPeakMultiple="0.95" /> set to 0.45 for all compounds.
It gives very unstable cars for all, and AI do much more spin-outs(one per lap in Baku when i tested in F1 2020). Player can enable full traction and bigger damping for yourself to compensate instability.
Funny side of old experiments with tyrecompounds in this video :D :

Last edited:
Yes, this damping to 0 does not increase AI mistakes. But damping for AI to 20000 gives later braking, but unplayable because of massive pile-ups in Baku castle section.
Most effective way:
In file tyrecompounds.erp parameters <OffPeakMultiple="0.95" /> set to 0.45 for all compounds.
It gives very unstable cars for all, and AI do much more spin-outs(one per lap in Baku when i tested in F1 2020). Player can enable full traction and bigger damping for yourself to compensate instability.

Thanks so much for your response. I'll start experimenting. :D

Most effective way:

So, just to test things out, I set DampingConstantForAI to 20000, and sure enough there were late-brakes and pileups at Baku, but I also found my car was a lot more difficult to control, even though it's supposed to be for AI only. Didn't touch the standard DampingConstant for the player.

The effect it seems to give is it makes the suspension "slower", less grip, more wheelspin, slower acceleration and lower top speed.

I put it down to about 15000 and got to a point where there weren't any pileups at the castle section. My car was still difficult to handle though.

Also tried the tyre edit but that was actually worse, just as difficult to control even with assists and pileups every lap at the castle section.

I'll keep looking into it, I just want the odd car to outbrake themselves now and again.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I did find an XML in each track file - i.e. Monza_common.erp and go to the monza_common.trackmarkup.xml - go to the bottom of the file and there are entries for lockup_zone_01 and a specific start and finish on the track for, I assume, where cars will be scripted to lock up. I thought about making them longer but I haven't seen any effect so far. There are also entries for failures, how a lockup will occur i.e. by pressure or random - I've tried putting both. Again, haven't tested enough to see a difference. Have you tried messing with these files?

Last edited:
So, just to test things out, I set DampingConstantForAI to 20000, and sure enough there were late-brakes and pileups at Baku, but I also found my car was a lot more difficult to control, even though it's supposed to be for AI only. Didn't touch the standard DampingConstant for the player.

The effect it seems to give is it makes the suspension "slower", less grip, more wheelspin, slower acceleration and lower top speed.

I put it down to about 15000 and got to a point where there weren't any pileups at the castle section. My car was still difficult to handle though.

Also tried the tyre edit but that was actually worse, just as difficult to control even with assists and pileups every lap at the castle section.

I'll keep looking into it, I just want the odd car to outbrake themselves now and again.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I did find an XML in each track file - i.e. Monza_common.erp and go to the monza_common.trackmarkup.xml - go to the bottom of the file and there are entries for lockup_zone_01 and a specific start and finish on the track for, I assume, where cars will be scripted to lock up. I thought about making them longer but I haven't seen any effect so far. There are also entries for failures, how a lockup will occur i.e. by pressure or random - I've tried putting both. Again, haven't tested enough to see a difference. Have you tried messing with these files?
Thanks for sharing your experiments)
Yes, i tried to edit track files, but it's effective for F1 2018 mostly. For F1 2019-2020 unfortunately no big effect. I released mod with this. Big lockups at the end of the first video and race gameplay with mod in second video.

Hello, is there an option to increase speed when the car goes into a vacuum? Example: when I get vacuum in the car in front I get 10 km / h more speed, I was wondering if you can move so that I can get a higher speed when entering the vacuum

Hello, is there an option to increase speed when the car goes into a vacuum? Example: when I get vacuum in the car in front I get 10 km / h more speed, I was wondering if you can move so that I can get a higher speed when entering the vacuum
There is separate mod for it
And another question, why doesn't the file exist to modify the performance of the Mercedes car? Not possible?
This file exist, bu he located not in Mercedes.erp, but in common.erp.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back