F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic  temperature, grip, wear, strategy

Misc F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Sorry for the question, but how can I change the values for the temperatures and tyre wear by myself? For F12019 I knew I had to use the Ego ERP Archiver to a VCMPD file. How can I do it with the F12020 files? Thank you, I already drove with your mod.

Same software but updated version. There are some good YouTube videos explaining how to mod the game. All the tyre values are in the file in the mod, export the XML from the ERP file. Make the changes and import back in

• Deleted member 408599

Hi. I wanted to reduce the wear on the F2 2020 hard tyres, but I can’t find the file. I put the wear on all the tires in "1,000" to locate which ones are... but none of them react to wear on the hard ones. Where are the hard tires?

• Deleted member 408599

Hey Arturo.

Do you mean the C5 tyres? On the XML file you need to edit the wear rate. C5 is named hard compound. It's quite sensitive so I wouldn't change it too much
Hello. In tyrecompounds, the hard tyres do not appear. HSOF, WETF, etc etc... But not the hard tyres. Are they elsewhere? By the way, very good Mod. They give very good experience. Greetings, friend!!!

Hello. In tyrecompounds, the hard tyres do not appear. HSOF, WETF, etc etc... But not the hard tyres. Are they elsewhere? By the way, very good Mod. They give very good experience. Greetings, friend!!!

Yeah hard are there. I think from memory before inters. Super hard are also there but not used anymore. Beware with compounds. The hard at one track is not the same as hard at another. It was a right pain with testing. I think of them as C1 to C5 now and it's much easier

Last edited:
So I have a question for You. Usually the setup bias for the original game is keeping tyre pressure very low, most of the more perfotmant setups rely on rear tyre at the minimum 19.5 or 19.9 and fronts just a couple of clicks more than the minimum, as tyre temp is not really an issue if you are not under safety car.

How should I adjust my setups in terms of tyre pressure if my strategy will rely on medium or hard compounds? More pressure on tyres but how much more?

Last edited:
So I have a question for You. Usually the setup bias for the original game is keeping tyre pressure very low, most of the more perfotmant setups rely on rear tyre at the minimum 19.5 or 19.9 and fronts just a couple of clicks more than the minimum, as tyre temp is not really an issue if you are not under safety car.

How should I adjust my setups in terms of tyre pressure if my strategy will rely on medium or hard compounds? More pressure on tyres but how much more?

As you can adjust pressures all the way up to race start I would suggest changing them to suit each run in qualifying to be as fast as possible. If softs overheat lower the pressures till they dont, remembering you only have to worry about them overheating over a single lap. So for tracks with long straights I find slighter higher pressures give greater top end speed. I raise them till the tyre is getting a little warm by end of lap.
Lowest pressure setting in the mod mean much greater tyre wear (more than base game) so this is why you will see AI running longer on tyre than some players. They tend to use default pressures.
You can use this by running higher pressure which has less tyre wear (again less than base game) allowing much longer runs

Then at start of race I adjust the pressures for better longer runs and depending on what strategy. If planning to run hards on Monza for example I definitely want higher pressures to stop them cooling on the straight. If this means the softs overheating then I do an early first stop to get off them. Saying this I am definitely not the fastest racer out there and have no where near mastered it and still learning every race. Everyone will be different.
But it is definitely not the case that lowest pressures for every track is the fastest. I find its also the same for brake bias and differential. Differential so important in wet weather. You can stop the back end twitching and get power down faster. I am changing both on every track and even as the race goes on.

Sorry for the long reply :)

Last edited:
As you can adjust pressures all the way up to race start I would suggest changing them to suit each run in qualifying to be as fast as possible. If softs overheat lower the pressures till they dont, remembering you only have to worry about them overheating over a single lap. So for tracks with long straights I find slighter higher pressures give greater top end speed. I raise them till the tyre is getting a little warm by end of lap.
Lowest pressure setting in the mod mean much greater tyre wear (more than base game) so this is why you will see AI running longer on tyre than some players. They tend to use default pressures.
You can use this by running higher pressure which has less tyre wear (again less than base game) allowing much longer runs

Then at start of race I adjust the pressures for better longer runs and depending on what strategy. If planning to run hards on Monza for example I definitely want higher pressures to stop them cooling on the straight. If this means the softs overheating then I do an early first stop to get off them. Saying this I am definitely not the fastest racer out there and have no where near mastered it and still learning every race. Everyone will be different.
But it is definitely not the case that lowest pressures for every track is the fastest. I find its also the same for brake bias and differential. Differential so important in wet weather. You can stop the back end twitching and get power down faster. I am changing both on every track and even as the race goes on.

Sorry for the long reply :)
Thank you very much, this is very interesting! I totally feel how hard it is to warm up the hardest compound properly. In the original game this is not a problem but I prefer your mod as it adds variety and more thoughtful strategies.

Is it me or the Intermediate/Wet compounds under-perform w.r.t. the original game? Once I warm up the slick compounds I have no issues and I can keep my usual pace, but I'm really struggling with the wet and intermediate tyres. Anyone experiencing the same?

Is it me or the Intermediate/Wet compounds under-perform w.r.t. the original game? Once I warm up the slick compounds I have no issues and I can keep my usual pace, but I'm really struggling with the wet and intermediate tyres. Anyone experiencing the same?
I usually underperform also on the hards but it may be that I need to understand how to manage pressure.

No issues on the inters on on the wet, in fact I drive better compared to the original game in wet conditions

• Deleted member 408599

The tire wear of the default set is very low. You love this Mod, and take care of the tires ; )

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%