F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic  temperature, grip, wear, strategy

Misc F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
For the 2nd. It's strange because at Melbourne, the Racing point who are P11 and P12 in qualy, made a superb first stint in soft with like 5-6 more laps than the others who have been in Q3, put medium for the second stint and pit for soft with 2 laps to go.

For a 100% race it may be a good choice because they were 2 seconds faster than everyone, but for a 50% they just lose two or three positions.

Have made some changes, let me know how you get on with new version

Like I said
I made a 100% race yesterday. I was 1°, Bottas 2° and Hamilton 3°. Hamilton did a pitstop during last lap. Bottas was quicker then him but pitting on last lap he lost 2 positions. Both was using medium Tyres.

andyandy989898 updated F1 2020 TyreTempMod with a new update entry:

Tyre Temp Mod NEW v0.98

Hi

This is the 0.98 release version from the Beta in a separate resource. From feedback this will be the new version going forward.

Heating/Cooling much more gradual
Softer tyres easier to get up to temperature but wont suit some tracks.
Harder tyres difficult to get up to temperatures so wont suit certain tracks.

Better balance of different favoured tyre compounds through out the season.

Enjoy

Read the rest of this update entry...

This youtuber plays with this your mod.
Mod started since video #96 in his career.
It's russian language, but you can enable automatic Youtube translation.
Big opinion about your mod in the video #99 here:
(and i think at least next 9 races of season will be with the mod)

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Interesting to see people using the mod.

Had a look with auto translate on and see no reference that he is using the mod. Can you tell me where he says he is using it please?

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Interesting to see people using the mod.

Had a look with auto translate on and see no reference that he is using the mod. Can you tell me where he says he is using it please?

I translated his words:

"7:36 Mod, which applies to tires. We now have a more realistic tire behavior. The person who makes this mod went a bit overboard, because it doesn't happen that the tires are cold when leaving the pits and at the start, but it creates a balance against bots, so it should be cool.
11: 48. The mod is quite interesting, and it complicates my life without increasing the complexity. This is what you need. My rivals drive the same way, but it also affects them, which is very cool. This is the changed temperature range, these are the overheats that were in the last three races. It doesn't work well with pumped-up cars, but it's better than nothing. In general, the entire physics of the behavior of tires depending on the temperature and coating has been reworked. This is the reason why I didn't have a medium against hard working in Brazil. That is, on some tracks, a softer kit doesn't mean a faster one, and that's something Codemasters can't do. In real life, there is a situation that not always a soft kit is better. The game says that the soft is faster than the medium, the medium is faster than the hard, and that's it. Not in real life. On some tracks, the hard works better, on some the soft is erased in one lap. This mod doesn't do the same thing, but it tries, it's better than doing nothing, so ok, cool. It works well, but not in a career. When you pump the car, the whole game breaks down.
21: 30 The mod works cool, but the problem is that it greatly overheats the tires, but initially, even without it, the cars overheat the tires with full upgrades, and it turns out that 105 degrees because of the car and another plus five because of the mod. I think that in some race I will go with the front right wheel at 110 degrees, or with the front left."

Also:
There was also a big problem that after the pit stop there was a sharp drop in the pace, and he didn't understand why.

Thanks for translation. Really useful to read.

Note the reason for drop in pace after pit stop is tyres are not up to temperature. Soft should get back up to speed in 1-2 laps. Hards can take 2-4 laps

Last edited:
Thanks for translation. Really useful to read.
I tried :)
Note the reason for drop in pace after pit stop is tyres are not up to temperature. Soft should get back up to speed in 1-2 laps. Hards can take 2-4 laps
In this video was intermediate conditions full race, so it was pit-stop from inters to inters. And after that was 17 laps without good pace. AI behind caught up him.

Strange, although he goes into pit in 3rd and finishes 2nd so pace cant be that bad.
Looking at the track it was on the verge of going to full wets, this is likely reason for slower pace.
Also his team mate was down in 10th. Was he out of position and cars behind were just faster as they got lighter. He ran light from the start so will give performance boost. Was he running in low fuel mode at the end?

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 1031992

So the 0.98 has its tires at 60 ° C, the 1.0 at 80 ° C and the 1.1A at 70 ° C ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back