F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic  temperature, grip, wear, strategy

Misc F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Hi Andy

4.1 felt a lot better. I was definitely keeping heat in the tyres and not shredding the medium/hard compounds within 5-8 laps.

Would 4.2 (A/B/C) see a slight increase in tyre wear i.e. something in between 4.1 and 4.2D?

Hi Andy

4.1 felt a lot better. I was definitely keeping heat in the tyres and not shredding the medium/hard compounds within 5-8 laps.

Would 4.2 (A/B/C) see a slight increase in tyre wear i.e. something in between 4.1 and 4.2D?

Yeah that's right. 4.2 onwards changes how wear works.
Codemasters had it setup that you only really use the first 40-50% of tyre. After that the times slow and you pit for next set that would take you to the end of the race. I was finishing on set of mediums with 20% wear at end of race. No challenge at all.

4.2 on wards changes the tyre profile so you can stay on a tyre for much longer but the loss of grip crosses over with the speed gained by getting new set. So you can go 2 stop taking tyres to 50% wear or go for 1 stop but need to take wear to maybe 70-80%. Then this is all also effected by tyre temps from mod. The time difference between 1 and 2 stops should be a matter of seconds. The feedback is interesting as it works perfectly for me. I guess it might be a mixture of people's different setups and driving styles.

Yeah that's right. 4.2 onwards changes how wear works.
Codemasters had it setup that you only really use the first 40-50% of tyre. After that the times slow and you pit for next set that would take you to the end of the race. I was finishing on set of mediums with 20% wear at end of race. No challenge at all.

4.2 on wards changes the tyre profile so you can stay on a tyre for much longer but the loss of grip crosses over with the speed gained by getting new set. So you can go 2 stop taking tyres to 50% wear or go for 1 stop but need to take wear to maybe 70-80%. Then this is all also effected by tyre temps from mod. The time difference between 1 and 2 stops should be a matter of seconds. The feedback is interesting as it works perfectly for me. I guess it might be a mixture of people's different setups and driving styles.
Hi Andy

Perfect, thanks.

I think I will try using the different mods (2.A/B/C) and see if any of these add a little bit more to the tyre wear over 4.1.

It is frustrating how the base game second stint tyres never get close to 40%, and so it takes away from that "is he going to catch me as my tyres are falling away lap by lap" sinking feeling.

Really good mod by the way, great work.

Hi, just wanted to drop a comment- your mod is awesome (tested 4.2C), I wish Codies did try to apply something similar by default.

There is only one reason why I personally won't be using it- it makes career really though because of practice programs. I loaded my savegame and it is impossible for me to pass quali pace program (didn't try other programs).

Still- amazing effort from you, cheers!

Glad you enjoyed the mod. You are right about practice sessions, I have swapped to simulating them as it makes progressing the car up the grid happen at a more realistic pace.
Practice sessions need changing anyway. They are boring and repetitive. Until weather and temperatures effect race craft I don't see the point in them. Once you have done it once the result is always the same

Last edited:
I did Australia GP yesterday, I always do 100% races, and man was it super fun. I will see if I can change difficulty between sessions so I can lower it for practices.

Which version of your mod you think gives most realistic (close to real f1) tyre model/ AI strategies ?

One more idea to make it even more fun would be to maybe play with fuel weight- if that's even possible- to promote underfueling and lift and coast more- ATM it is better to ignore it and benefit from rich mix option in most cases.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the mod. I would suggest trying the wear and puncture mod along side it, very fun.

RL version I would say 4.2B or 4.1. The versions after this are more.about gameplay than real life

Changing fuel is totally possible. There are alot of things you can alter, fuel tank size for example.
I have thought about change the fuel burn for high mode. This would force you to run lower modes. I haven't though as along with engine overheating in my other mod I think it would be too many aspects forcing you to run at lower speed modes. The overheating of the other mod seems to give a nice balance of not being able to run everything at full all the time.

Love the mod although on the latest release AI are still pitting between 1-5 laps before the end of the race. Happened at both Baku and Canada, on 50% race distance.

Love the mod although on the latest release AI are still pitting between 1-5 laps before the end of the race. Happened at both Baku and Canada, on 50% race distance.

Without running the mod, I've tested running 50% races with 125% & 150% tire wear, at 150% the AI always pitted 1-3 laps before the end while at 125% they don't but I feel the wear rate could increase a little.

I guess if the mod could potentially make tires wear at around 125-135% wear rate of normal 50% races it would be near ideal, at least that can be a benchmark.

With the new update, is it still possible to drive 2 stops faster than the AI or is it now possible to drive longer faster laps because the tire wear is lower?

best greetings

Hi mate. Made few races with your mod (with version 4.2.C, 4.2.D and the lastest one) and it's great, but I have always the same problem with some ai who pitting in the 2 last lap, specially in Baku and Monza. It's a shame because it's destroying great races, your mod seems to diversify ai strategies and increase ai errors, making races more fun and chaotic.

I don'k know how we can fix this, if I can help just tell me !

Hi Rihannal

Thanks for the feedback, and I understand what you are saying.
The issue is there are too many tracks to test :-(

Can you help with the tracks you are having the problem with? The problem is fixable just needs some tweaking of the wear rates

Thanks

Andy

With pleasure. With the IRL version I made races at Melbourne, Baku and Monza, same problem evrywhere, with SC or not. Wet tires seems not make an issue. I will continue to test with some others tracks and I will tell you

For the 2nd. It's strange because at Melbourne, the Racing point who are P11 and P12 in qualy, made a superb first stint in soft with like 5-6 more laps than the others who have been in Q3, put medium for the second stint and pit for soft with 2 laps to go.

For a 100% race it may be a good choice because they were 2 seconds faster than everyone, but for a 50% they just lose two or three positions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back