F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic  temperature, grip, wear, strategy

Misc F1 2020 TyreTempMod - Realistic temperature, grip, wear, strategy v1.7

Login or Register an account to download this content
Same software but updated version. There are some good YouTube videos explaining how to mod the game. All the tyre values are in the file in the mod, export the XML from the ERP file. Make the changes and import back in
For wet floor, my times have increased.
It has curves that arrive as before is patically ingathery.
Can you solve this?

Sounds a little high but not too bad. Depends on track though.

4 X 4 = 16 laps. If have done qualifying as well that's ok. Maybe look at if overheating and what tyre pressures
So far only tested on Austrilia, Bahrain and China both on increased downforce car setup with soft tyres on Williams car. It seems to me a lil bit high. Should I adjust tyre pressures ?

Andy this is a really great mod, and it's always worked excellently, but I had a strange race at COTA.

All the AI cars either did a 2 stopper or a 3 stopper. The suggested strategy was Softs (17), Softs (17), Mediums (22).

I thought I could bypass this as I could keep the softs below 70% wear for 24 laps, and the mediums below 70% for the remainder of the race.

What I actually found was that those running multiple stops easily beat me. The race effectively became how quickly you could burn your tyres out and then switch them out. Ricciardo, one place ahead of me at the start and finish, finished 45 seconds ahead despite stopping 3 times.

I am not the creator of the mod but I think that one of the purpose of the mod may be making 2 stops more rewarding, as usually in the original game when you pull off a 1 stop strategy you gain lots of positions against the a.i. if they qualify on softs in certain circuits

I am not the creator of the mod but I think that one of the purpose of the mod may be making 2 stops more rewarding, as usually in the original game when you pull off a 1 stop strategy you gain lots of positions against the a.i. if they qualify on softs in certain circuits
Agreed and the mod has always worked perfectly.

I was just surprised that cars were doing 3 stoppers at COTA - that's unheard of in real life.

Agreed and the mod has always worked perfectly.

I was just surprised that cars were doing 3 stoppers at COTA - that's unheard of in real life.
Career or single gp? I think later in career the R&D makes softs stronger.

Also did you select softer for compounds for the race. I think the ai follow the players choice so they may only have had 1 medium to use and didnt want to use the hard?

Last edited:
Career or single gp? I think later in career the R&D makes softs stronger.

Also did you select softer for compounds for the race. I think the ai follow the players choice so they may only have had 1 medium to use and didnt want to use the hard?
Career mode, first season with Mclaren. Only other mod is Javliar's dash.

I actually stopped developing the car midway through the season, so I've done the magical thing of making the Mclaren the 3rd worst car on the grid.

I selected Softs because I qualified 11th, so they were a fresh set. I was promoted to 7th due to AI penalties and in the opening stint on softs, I overtook both RPs. Ricciardo (4th) and myself (5th) were getting away from Perez in 6th (all on Softs) and I actually overtook Ricciardo circa lap 13 (so I was the fastest car outside the top 3).

Ricciardo pitted circa 17th lap, I carried on to 24. But in those 7 laps, he actually made up the entire pit stop gap to be only a second behind me (I was still running 4th at the pit stop). My lap times didn't drop off, and my tyres finished at around 62%. But in pitting early, Ricciardo's next set of softs were now 2 seconds a lap faster than mine.

Hi Andy, I am having an issue with version 1.7.

Light rain hits in SPA on lap 6 out of 22, so many drivers including myself pit for the inters.

After 2 laps in inters a safety car comes out and the rest of the pack pits to inters, but even who had already pit for inters boxed again for a new pair of inters just after 2 laps.

I don't think this is a tyre wear issue as tyre consumption was quite normal on my side

Edit: another lap on the safety car and all the cars pitted again for new inters for the 3rd time, after only a lap of new tyres

Last edited:
Hi Andy, I am having an issue with version 1.7.

Light rain hits in SPA on lap 6 out of 22, so many drivers including myself pit for the inters.

After 2 laps in inters a safety car comes out and the rest of the pack pits to inters, but even who had already pit for inters boxed again for a new pair of inters just after 2 laps.

I don't think this is a tyre wear issue as tyre consumption was quite normal on my side

Edit: another lap on the safety car and all the cars pitted again for new inters for the 3rd time, after only a lap of new tyres
Interesting, I have never seen this in testing. Do you have a saved game just before this happens?

Interesting, I have never seen this in testing. Do you have a saved game just before this happens?
I did not save before the safety car, Sorry. But I can still restart the race and the weather will be the same, with the dry-inter crossover. It may be possible it is a bug not related to your mod but I thought it was Better you knew! Once I restart the race i'll let you know if it happens again

Thanks Enrique

I think it's a case of the safety car timing. The AI are pitting to gain advantage of fresh tyres but it also maybe a value in the inters grip spline that is wrong. Be good to know

Last edited:
Thanks Enrique

I think it's a case of the safety car timing. The AI are pitting to gain advantage of fresh tyres but it also maybe a value in the inters grip spline that is wrong. Be good to know
Thank you if you want to have a look. The strange thing is that safety car comes out, they pit, and at the end of the 1st safety car lap they did pit again for Inters even though they already did (they were the same cars). Everyone did so. Thanks!!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 405 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 277 11.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 269 10.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 191 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 320 12.9%