Resource icon

Misc F1 2020 TyreTemp Mod BETA 0.75

Login or Register an account to download this content
Thanks for the feedback. Good to hear your comments, that is exactly the behaviour I was hoping for, for each compound. The reason I started on this mod is that the standard game the tyres "always work" on every track. The only difference between each tyre was lap time and life (and tyre life was so overpowered it made little difference) so each track was always start on softs and 1 stop on to mediums. I hope the mod means this is no longer the case

WIth regards to the ai from my testing they are affected by the changes but the ai is very good at driving to the best of the situation. So if the tyres are cold they will get the best possible time from them at that time, and so on. I have turned down the ai by 4 points since using the mod.
Qualifying on softs that overheat on track - dont even bother trying a second lap. come in swap tyres and go again.
Qualifying on mediums sometimes the 2nd lap is the fastest. It all depends on the track type.

Different tracks should make different tyres more suitable. So on the wrong tyre on the wrong track the ai (on the right tyre) should be able to be much faster.
It is also the same in reverse. I have seen some ai go onto to the hards on the wrong track and they fall down the order. A good example to show this is try using the hards on a track like China or Monza. Then try using them in Hungary. Just like you see in real life some times a tyre is just not right for the track and it doesnt get used.
This year in F1 we have often seen drivers qualifying on the mediums because the soft is no good for race day. And the same for hards. they are often never used all weekend as they are just wrong for the track.

Last edited:
Thanks Andy.

As I am faster than Lando on the mediums by 1-2 tenths, and slower than Ocon by 1.5-2 seconds on the Hards, I will drop the AI difficulty by 2-4 points. Hopefully that helps me cling to them a little bit better on the Hards, and then gain back the time on the Mediums. I was running 10 lap stints with 13 total laps of fuel 3x in a session, and then repeated in a second session for a total of about 60 laps on the Hards across 6 stints.

Overall it's fantastic having the temp screen up and worrying that I'm about to take cold tyres through a sweeping corner and the fear I'll spin out. Before, I could get the tyres to 95-100 degrees 5-6 corners into the out lap, and then never worry about them. And then when they switch on, suddenly you can throw the car through corners without fear. The feedback from the tyres is hugely missing in the base game, so your mod is 10/10.

Also can confirm that the second lap on the Mediums is faster than the first. And then lap 3 sees the drop-off in optimal performance. I haven't tried Softs yet but will feedback when I get to FP2.

Just one other bit of feedback I forgot to give - the AI drivers are using 3-4 tyres during FP1. I haven't seen this before, but then I used to race 50% predominantly. Not sure if this is a glitch though, as it means they're going to be running old tyres in FP2-3?

Hi Andy

Thought I would give you more feedback as I've now ran this mod at Bahrain, China, Spain and Canada.

Overall, it's still fantastic and I'm really enjoying having to find the option tyre and do a stint on a less favourable compound:

Bahrain - Really good 3 team battle, I managed to make the Mediums work better than RP and Renault.

China - Did a good job, again finding my pace on the Mediums better than the Softs is becoming a theme.

Spain - Was fine in testing but once I got into the race, the pace was completely off. Mediums were tough, hards were terrible. Had a horrible race here and lapping 1 second behind my teammate.

Canada - Best race so far. I was struggling on the Softs so pitted early, put the Mediums on and gained 3 places with the undercut. Then found the competition were struggling with the Mediums and ran off into the distance.

One thing I've noticed is that one or two drivers tend to do something very odd with strategy. In Canada, Vettel went for 3 Softs and 1 Medium and lost a guaranteed podium. In China, Ricciardo went for 2 Softs and 1 Medium. I'm not sure why they pit for another Soft when Mediums will take them to the end of the race.

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like you have had some good races.

The AI do seem to try different strategies now. With vettel, did he get damage or a drive through? I saw something similar and when checked the director at the end of the race they had a damaged wing and came in for replacement and took new set of tyres at same time?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back