F1 2020 - Tire performances for 25% race length and others mods

Misc F1 2020 - Tire performances for 25% race length and others mods 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Poubelle updated F1 2020 - Tire performances for 25% race length and others mods with a new update entry:

Update for HARD Compounds and INT/WETt Tyres (F1)

My last version i think, for F1 2020 :sleep: .

Based on some feedback (thanks all :p), update for the F1 cars :
  1. increase of grip for HARD compounds (+4%) on dry tracks (C1).
  2. update of grip vs wetness
    • slick tyres loose less grip < 10% of humidity than previous version
    • but still a little higher than the original one on the optimal phases.
So , the curves updated :

View attachment 488047

View attachment 488048

I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I work on it ;) .
Job done at 50%, but after i need to do some tests.

Some parts will not be available, like sparks and rain graphical effets. Some texture need to be adapt and i'm not able to do it. :cry:

But tyres part, with vehicles settings (include slipstream effects) will be available soon, for F1 & F2 Cars :sneaky: .

Last edited:
i wonder if you can make a 50% version of this, i love the mod but i don't like 25% races, prefer 50%...

any chance you do this version? or will be only for f1 2021?

Hell, thanks for your feedback ;) .

I started because a lot of people asked me, but ... it take too much time. :confused:
I will focus F1 2021 now i think. Sorry :thumbsdown: .

Last edited:
I can try to do something, but it's will be a convertion from F1 2021, i will not be able to do the test with F1 2020 directly.

I will try to check this kind of strategies for a 50% race lenght :
Examples with Spain and Bahrain with C1/C2/C3 & C2/C3/C4 :

PitStop_1.PNG

PitStop_2.PNG

Last edited:
Hi Poubelle! I have a question. I have noted that the cars with the FOM Chassis (because of mods) have so much less tyre wear than the others in the career mode that I'm playing. Is it because of the FOM chassis or just because they have better tyre wear and drag red upgrades? Thank you very much!! :)

Hi Poubelle! I have a question. I have noted that the cars with the FOM Chassis (because of mods) have so much less tyre wear than the others in the career mode that I'm playing. Is it because of the FOM chassis or just because they have better tyre wear and drag red upgrades? Thank you very much!! :)
Hello ! You installed this mod ? For all cars i assume ? Not only for FOM chassis ?
Other mods ?

I just check : all chassis haved the same value (my mod)
<UpgradeWearFactor value="1.25" />
By default it's 1.00. But in all case, all cars have the same value.

All cars used the same tyre files. So, the only difference could be the wear tyre upgrades from R&D. But, in my mod, i try to reduce the effet with the last version, because by default, after several seasons, your car will overperformed all other cars in fact.
Globally the game after several seasons is too easy (my point of view :D )
After seasons 3-5, your car is better on each domain ... :thumbsdown:

Last edited:
Yeah! I installed the mod as a copy-paste (didn't know how to use ERP), but what I've noticed, maybe I'm wrong, is that the "modular mods" that use the FOM chassis are excepted from the tyre wear. Like, for example, Alpha Tauri, Renault and Ferrari have the FOM chassis and are the only ones that in a race they can extend a soft compound of tyres 10 laps. While Mercedes and Mclaren (with the original chassis) make their pit stop on lap 4 or even 3 because of the tyre wear. My question would be, should I not use the modular mods or look for a way to install the mod manually in every car with the FOM chassis? Thank you very much! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Hello,

I'm not sure I get the point. I don't use "modular mods", which are used by other mods for installation, sorry.

If you notice a strange behavior (wear rate different according to the teams), my first action will be to "check" the ERP files of each team with the EGO EPRP archiver to find the answer.
And if you are in doubt, copying / pasting files manually can be a good idea to check exactly what will be changed / deleted / replaced.

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding Tyre Grip for each compound. What values in which files did you modify to increase / decrease grip for each tyre compound (I would like to give Mediums and Hards a bit more grip at all stages of the stint for example)

I would dearly appreciate your supports on this one, since I'm very new to modding in general :)

Hello,

I have a quick question regarding Tyre Grip for each compound. What values in which files did you modify to increase / decrease grip for each tyre compound (I would like to give Mediums and Hards a bit more grip at all stages of the stint for example)

I would dearly appreciate your supports on this one, since I'm very new to modding in general :)

\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\tyrecompounds\tyrecompounds.erp
You will need EGO ERP Archiver to extract the datas in an XML document.
For the tools, you can read the documentation i added in the mod package.

For the grip, there are a lot of datas to modify.
Wetness grip & Wear grip curves, for each tyres, front and rear.
Moreover, don't forget that a SOFF/SOFR compounds for example could be a SOFT, a MED or the HARD compounds proposed for a track.

If you touch the grip of the tires, you will also change strategies very quickly. It can be very sensitive.
You need to take into account the wear too to make sense.

And if you want to be perfect, you need to take into account the T° too ... (not mandatory if you start, depend of the level of modification and realism you want)

Good luck ;) .

Last edited:
\2021_asset_groups\f1_2021_vehicle_package\tyrecompounds\tyrecompounds.erp
You will need EGO ERP Archiver to extract the datas in an XML document.
For the tools, you can read the documentation i added in the mod package.

For the grip, there are a lot of datas to modify.
Wetness grip & Wear grip curves, for each tyres, front and rear.
Moreover, don't forget that a SOFF/SOFR compounds for example could be a SOFT, a MED or the HARD compounds proposed for a track.

If you touch the grip of the tires, you will also change strategies very quickly. It can be very sensitive.
You need to take into account the wear too to make sense.

And if you want to be perfect, you need to take into account the T° too ... (not mandatory if you start, depend of the level of modification and realism you want)

Good luck ;) .
Thanks a lot. I'll have a look there then :D

These changes also apply for the AI, correct? (cuz I don't want to change only for myself)

Can you please give short instructions on how can I use this in combination with skin mods? For example most mods are also drag and drop mods and end up replacing the same files as this mod. I have used EGO archiver in the past, but I am at loss as to what am I supposed to do to combine the mods. Is it correct that I just download a skin mod, drag and drop it in the game folder, and then using EGO archiver drop the XLM file that is provided by this mod into the skin mod file?

edit: I am so enoying this mod, thank you for making it. Makes the game much much better

Last edited:
Can you please give short instructions on how can I use this in combination with skin mods? For example most mods are also drag and drop mods and end up replacing the same files as this mod. I have used EGO archiver in the past, but I am at loss as to what am I supposed to do to combine the mods. Is it correct that I just download a skin mod, drag and drop it in the game folder, and then using EGO archiver drop the XLM file that is provided by this mod into the skin mod file?

edit: I am so enoying this mod, thank you for making it. Makes the game much much better
Hello,
Thanks,
You can download this version (link below), it's for F1 2021, but just take it for the "howto" inside.
I can't upload just the document. But is include in this other version,
Link :

The principle and tools are the same.

The first time it's perhaps not easy, but in fact, the principle is simple, i do it regularly for me.
Unfortunately, i can't re upload cars skins with the mod directly, so people need to do it by themselves. And i will not make the merge for ALL liveries :whistling: .

Last edited:
Have now done lots of races with this mod and it just works perfectly, the AI actually is very smart and tries different strategies during a race, like some going for one stopper race while other go for two stoppers and even in case with Monaco three stoppers (while others go for 1 stop the same race). Undercutting with pitstops now also is much bigger part of the game than it was before and can actually work if planned carefully. AI has done few undercuts on my strategies as well. Great mod, I am thoroughly enjoying playing the game with it.

Have now done lots of races with this mod and it just works perfectly, the AI actually is very smart and tries different strategies during a race, like some going for one stopper race while other go for two stoppers and even in case with Monaco three stoppers (while others go for 1 stop the same race). Undercutting with pitstops now also is much bigger part of the game than it was before and can actually work if planned carefully. AI has done few undercuts on my strategies as well. Great mod, I am thoroughly enjoying playing the game with it.
Hello, thanks for your feedback, i appreciate :thumbsup:

Quick question. If I install a skin mod that is made to be compatible with modular mods (just .erp drag and drop file in Modular Mods folder) and then manually replace the xml with the xml file provided by this mod, it will apply the tire wear, realistic damage and performance mods that are included in this mod as well?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 118 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%