F1 2020 - Tire performances for 25% race length and others mods

Misc F1 2020 - Tire performances for 25% race length and others mods 2.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
Poubelle submitted a new resource:

F1 2020 - Tire performances for 25% race length and others mods - Tire compounds adapted for a 25% race length, combined with others mods.

Hello all,

Introduction

This is my first mod (and sorry for my English). At the beginning I wasn't satisfied with the management of the tyres proposed by the game if the race length is set at 25%. There is always only the same strategy proposed (1 stop), and the IA stayed on the same strategy everytime.

Moreover, i was very happy to discovered some excellent mods like...

Read more about this resource...

Poubelle updated F1 2020 - Tire performances for 25% race length and others mods with a new update entry:

Add features for F2 vehicles (2019 & 2020)

Hello,
A new release !
Version 2.0 :

View attachment 484917

- works with F2's cars (2019 & 2020) ! With 25% race lenght with sprint or 50% race lenght ! :p
You can now feel a real difference between soft and hard gums on F2 cars, just like on F1 cars. Maybe more, as F2 are now more difficult to master with hard compounds like in real life (they are slower than F1 cars but much less downforce and almost as much torque on the rear axle :confused:).

- Damage Mod works too on...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Enrique! ;)

In my last version I used for F1 cars 0.8 for drag, 0.95 for lift.

For F2 cars, 0.7 for drag, 0.95 for lift. The F2s are slower so I needed a higher value to have a good and useful drag effect for a 25% race length.
For F1 cars I often used 0.85 in the past. But I decided to reduce it to 0.8 to amplify the possibility for bots to overtake, especially when you have the top 10 cars with a 2 pitstop strategy versus slower cars with 1 pitstop.

Overtaking takes less distance and is faster with 0.8 and remains realistic.
A value less than 0.8 is dangerous for F1 cars due to the speed, especially with the damage mod. You will have too many crashes.

I didn't increase the lift effect too much. Because it became less realistic and I wanted to keep the drag effect as a counterpart. i.e. less grip when inside the slitstream effect. :sneaky:
It is therefore dangerous to try to zigzag inside the slipstream if you have hard tires or less grip.

I will add my personal explanation in the mod description if others want the values and reasons. :cool:

Poubelle updated F1 2020 - Tire performances for 25% race length and others mods with a new update entry:

Values for Lift and Drag, and slipstream effects

Some comments :

Concerning slip/drag values for cars :
In my last version I used for F1 cars 0.8 for drag, 0.95 for lift.

For F2 cars, 0.7 for drag, 0.95 for lift. The F2s are slower so I needed a higher value to have a good and useful drag effect for a 25% race length.
For F1 cars I often used 0.85 in the past. But I decided to reduce it to 0.8 to amplify the possibility for bots to overtake, especially when you have the top 10 cars with a 2 pitstop strategy versus slower...

Final update for F2 cars.

Final version specially for F2 cars.
Despite many bugs on the strategies taken by the bots in F2, I tried to do my best to have 25% and 50% strategies not too stupid., and for the 50% races, I aimed for 2 pit stops.
For 25% & F2 ... I tried to do my best but honestly the bots do **** :poop: with their stupid strategy regularly on the original game so on F2 side ... I tried to correct some behaviors. :O_o:

For this version :
I reviewed all the grip, wear and behavior...

Hello,

Are you talking about the performance of the cars? or All the part that comes from the EnriqueBanderas mod?
Or a particular effect or mod included ? (damage mod, dirty air ...)

All of this modifications (car performances, dirty air, damage mod ... ) are made inside cars files, for each team. Everything is merge today, it's not really plug and play (it's possible but there is some job ...).
The main difficulty is if you try to keep the original files for cars only and keep other parts (like tire compound files) it will be weird. Because in fact some parameters are link between the tire files and the car files , to balance wear and grip behaviour (like "wear ratio" for each tyres and "UpgradeWear" for each front or rear chassis, for each compounds and each teams .... :O_o:). So...

Last edited:
Hello,

Are you talking about the performance of the cars? or All the part that comes from the EnriqueBanderas mod?
Or a particular effect or mod included ? (damage mod, dirty air ...)

All of this modifications (car performances, dirty air, damage mod ... ) are made inside cars files, for each team. Everything is merge today, it's not really plug and play (it's possible but there is some job ...).
The main difficulty is if you try to keep the original files for cars only and keep other parts (like tire compound files) it will be weird. Because in fact some parameters are link between the tire files and the car files , to balance wear and grip behaviour (like "wear ratio" for each tyres and "UpgradeWear" for each front or rear chassis, for each compounds and each teams .... :O_o:). So...
the one from EnriqueBanderas car performance dirty air and slipstream

The core part of EnriqueBanderas concerned the aerodynamic performance, the mass ... of vehicles for the ranking of each bot's cars, to be more in line with the 2021 season.

If you want to change only the performances for the dirty air and slipstream values for each cars/teams, included myteam cars, you should proceed like that :
  • you need the EGO ERP Archiver 7.0 to be able to open, export xml and reinport the xml part inside ERP files.
EGO ERP Archiver : https://p2t5r.itch.io/ego-erp-archiver
  • before, you need to download NET. Core 3.1 to make it turned (NET CORE 3.1)
NET CORE 3.1 : https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download
  • after, you can open the ERP files of vehicles which are here :
\F1 2020\2020_asset_groups\f1_2020_vehicle_package\teams
  • for each teams, you open the file xxx.erp. /!\ warning, for Mercedes only, it's include inside the common.erp file .
  • you export the xml file
  • you modify all xml files as you want, the splittream values are :
<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleLift value="0.95" />
<m_aeroSlipStreamAirDensityScaleDrag value="0.80" />
  • original value are 0.9 and 0.85 (or 0.9) i don't remember.
  • you can after import the xml file inside each ERP files for each teams, included the myteam part, and save the new ERP file.
  • You want to modify all teams ? You need to do the operation for each directory + common.erp.
  • don't forget to make backup
  • you can use tools like notepad++ to modify easily xml files.
Good luck ! ;)

Last edited:
Each file in the "team" directory that you touch, each team / vehicle concerned will be impacted (not in multiplayer).
Thus, there are 4 myteam directories for each chassis that you will be used in the game for the "Myteam" game mode.

For a standard career mode, the myteam directories are obviously not used.
Whether you drive a Ferrari or not (driven by a bot), if you have touched the ferrari cars file, all ferrari cars will be impacted, during a myteam game mode, a std career or a single race.

hi is there any way you can change the type of compounds that are available for the weekend? e. more hard tyres??

with a mod ? I don't think so.

but i believe you can maybe do it in game, before starting a race, by selecting the compound package you want (softer, harder tyres ... by default it's a balance package).

I think F1 2021 will be based on the same type of files. There isn't a big change between each version, I feel.
I'm not sure today if I'll buy the next version immediately when possible (mid-July), but if I do, I think I'll try to "translate" this kind of mods for F1 2021, after made some trial with the "original" version.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 236 14.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 164 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 159 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 120 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 14.1%