• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

F1 2020 | The Cars Of Michael Schumacher

BillyBobSenna

75RPM
Premium
Dec 30, 2010
I like the F1 games and these are nice cars (especially the gorgeous 1991 Jordan). But the addition of classic cars in the F1 games always strikes me as a bit pointless, because you can't race them against other cars and drivers of the same era. And the way they are integrated into the career mode as "invitational events" as always felt wrong to me, considering there are no such events in real life. It's certainly not a selling point for me, never drive them in the game. Well, this year I bought the deluxe edition for 1$ when I bought a Fanatec wheel bundle, so maybe I'll give them a try.
Completely agree. Need to have all the cars of those years. I would definitely pay for the deluxe version if all were included

Mike Kadlcak

100RPM
Jul 23, 2015
some ugly cars from the history of F1... damn I never liked those in the days.... dont like the current one either.. not many good looking F1 cars after '90... the 2021/2022 concept looks promising tho.

rmcconachy

1RPM
Dec 23, 2018
Having retired from competition at the end of the 2006 season, Schumacher would do much to redeem public opinion with a less successful, but entirely more human second crack at Grand Prix racing with Mercedes. Returning to the sport at 41 years of age in 2010 for a brief three year period, the success wouldn't come back, but a visibly much more relaxed and personable Michael Schumacher would grace the Formula One paddocks during his second career.
Not sure that even a gentleman like Rubens Barrichello would agree with that!

25RPM
Nov 22, 2013
There's exactly 0 work done on these cars, as another commenter said Codemasters have "borrowed" 3D models before, most mods available on this site are higher quality. Don't give money to this company please.
There's an excellent version of the 1991 Jordan by VRC for Assetto Corsa, check it out instead.

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
There's exactly 0 work done on these cars, as another commenter said Codemasters have "borrowed" 3D models before, most mods available on this site are higher quality. Don't give money to this company please.
There's an excellent version of the 1991 Jordan by VRC for Assetto Corsa, check it out instead.
Well, personally, I don't buy these games for the historical content. I "give them money" for the current F1 cars, and since last year, the F2 cars which were a very nice addition to the game's concept. (I was even hoping for F3 cars this year, but that was just greedy on my part...)

Mar 24, 2019
Absolutely. I would also include the cars from 1988 and 1989. It all went downhill after 1997 when they made the cars narrower and introduced those hideous threaded tyres.
Yea, late 80's all the way to 97 was amazing. The 97 Williams and Mclaren were so god damn beautiful. I've never seen someone that doesn't like the 90's F1 cars, must be old people lol!

Reactions: michelforest

BrunoB

Too much Goebbels
Premium
Oct 10, 2011
I've never seen someone that doesn't like the 90's F1 cars, must be old people lol!
Or maybe the complete opposite.:rolleyes:
Im so old people-ish that I actually have seen these cars on track in RL several times - and love them.
Both in old videos and in as example Raceroom.:)