F1 2020 F1 2020 | The Black Mercedes Is Here: New Patch Now Available

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2020 has been updated - now comes with livery updates for Mercedes and Racing Point, plus a few minor fixes.
  • New Mercedes 2020 F1 livery.
  • Console update to follow shortly.
  • Minor 'My Team' fixes.
F1 2020 | Check out the RaceDepartment Review: Click Here.

Now I'll have to admit, it's taken a pretty long time for Codemasters to push out a relatively small update for F1 2020, that doesn't even contain the latest McLaren livery updates. Unless one is willing to delve into the rich collection of mods for the game available here at RaceDepartment, wait is exactly what we've had to do.

F1 2020 3.jpg

F1 2020 | Comparison between F1 2019 and F1 2020: Click Here

The new for 2020 Mercedes livery is of course the headline piece from the latest build, the German brand having caught out Codemasters by revealing an all new design just prior to the start of the real world Grand Prix season, however update 1.06 also includes a few minor tweaks and improvements to to the core gameplay mechanics.

It should be noted that balancing of team performances within the game have not been undertaken for this build, although tweaks to the relative pace of the cars are expected further down the line when a clearer picture of the respective team performance levels are known.

F1 2020 2.jpg

F1 2020 V1.06 Update Notes:
  • Mercedes car and driver suits updated to the black livery.
  • Fixed an issue in unranked multiplayer where a host disconnection resulted in AI having unrealistic lap times.
  • Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll now wear the correct gloves.
  • Fixed a progression issue in My Team career which could occur after an Invitational event.
  • Fixed a progression issue in My Team career which could occur at the end of a season.
  • The Savant sponsor will now correctly pay out.
  • Various other stability and bug fixes.

F1 2020 is out now for both console and PC.

Want help making the most from the simulation? Tap into our wonderful community here at RaceDepartment, and start a thread in the F1 2020 sub forum today!

F1 2020 Footer.jpg

Attachments

• F1 2020 Header.jpg
    F1 2020 Header.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
Think what you want. Also Hamilton....had massive respect for him up until his little tirade this year, not ever even thought about his colour but the way he has put it across and forced it on everyone is bull crap.
Stop effing whining man! Every person who says it's not about his color means underneath that - it's about his color.

If you're wondering why people in the comments are opposed to the message behind that car... (hint; its not racism)

I didnt want to go this way but since there are people taking the time to do videos like this one and people taking the time to even post them I cant stay put.
F1 is just as hypocritical as any person in the world when it comes to doing something about racism. No one can act everywhere but those who do simply nothing are to blame the most.
This videos show just how racist the author is and how far he got affected by F1 anti racism act.
If F1 was doing the same for a different cause people would simply watch and take it in, but clearly this cause is making racists come out of their shells so sadly in that way it is a win already. At least we get to know who they are.

Last edited:
My Team continues to be absolutely superb, the best single-player career in any racing game to date. It's good to see the game updates are applied to existing My Team saves too. If you like the long play and management aspect of racing games you'll love it. The way the simulator room develops should amuse many people here too. :)

1.05 fixed the excessive gearbox wear, I was able to complete 6 races with each gearbox in Season 2 with just some minor wear and issues in race 6.

I didnt want to go this way but since there are people taking the time to do videos like this one and people taking the time to even post them I cant stay put.
F1 is just as hypocritical as any person in the world when it comes to doing something about racism. No one can act everywhere but those who do simply nothing are to blame the most.
This videos show just how racist the author is and how far he got affected by F1 anti racism act.
If F1 was doing the same for a different cause people would simply watch and take it in, but clearly this cause is making racists come out of their shells so sadly in that way it is a win already. At least we get to know who they are.

I'm sorry, what? The video author is racist? Did you even listen to his arguments? It's not about race, it's about empty virtue signalling to the masses by multi millionaires who never dare speak up in China, Russia or Dubai during races about LGBT issues.

"Says white guy"

So white people can't have an opinion on it? Sounds pretty racist to me! Why even bring his race into it?
But hey since we're doing that let's ask ourselves this, why is it every single article on George Floyd mentions his skin colour, yet 15 people including women and kids get shot outside a funeral home in Chicago and the articles on CNN, NBC, Chicago tribune etc somehow fail to mention that it's mindless black on black violence, and you have to watch the video to see it? Why don't they bring race into it now?
And people have the gall to blame there not being enough of a police presence there to stop it from happening, like it's anyone else's fault if black people can indiscriminately kill other black people. Yet what were BLM campaigning for? Oh yes, defunding the police. What a ridiculous joke the whole thing is.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 91 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 66 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 14.0%