F1 2020 F1 2020 | The Black Mercedes Is Here: New Patch Now Available

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2020 has been updated - now comes with livery updates for Mercedes and Racing Point, plus a few minor fixes.
  • New Mercedes 2020 F1 livery.
  • Console update to follow shortly.
  • Minor 'My Team' fixes.
F1 2020 | Check out the RaceDepartment Review: Click Here.

Now I'll have to admit, it's taken a pretty long time for Codemasters to push out a relatively small update for F1 2020, that doesn't even contain the latest McLaren livery updates. Unless one is willing to delve into the rich collection of mods for the game available here at RaceDepartment, wait is exactly what we've had to do.

F1 2020 3.jpg

F1 2020 | Comparison between F1 2019 and F1 2020: Click Here

The new for 2020 Mercedes livery is of course the headline piece from the latest build, the German brand having caught out Codemasters by revealing an all new design just prior to the start of the real world Grand Prix season, however update 1.06 also includes a few minor tweaks and improvements to to the core gameplay mechanics.

It should be noted that balancing of team performances within the game have not been undertaken for this build, although tweaks to the relative pace of the cars are expected further down the line when a clearer picture of the respective team performance levels are known.

F1 2020 2.jpg

F1 2020 V1.06 Update Notes:
  • Mercedes car and driver suits updated to the black livery.
  • Fixed an issue in unranked multiplayer where a host disconnection resulted in AI having unrealistic lap times.
  • Sergio Perez and Lance Stroll now wear the correct gloves.
  • Fixed a progression issue in My Team career which could occur after an Invitational event.
  • Fixed a progression issue in My Team career which could occur at the end of a season.
  • The Savant sponsor will now correctly pay out.
  • Various other stability and bug fixes.

F1 2020 is out now for both console and PC.

Want help making the most from the simulation? Tap into our wonderful community here at RaceDepartment, and start a thread in the F1 2020 sub forum today!

F1 2020 Footer.jpg

Attachments

• F1 2020 Header.jpg
    F1 2020 Header.jpg
    487.9 KB · Views: 469
Last edited:
Stop effing whining man! Every person who says it's not about his color means underneath that - it's about his color.

This has nothing to do with skin colour. If a manufacturer who supported Hitler in world war 2 and provided equipment that ultimately mean millions of jews died can hire a person of colour in 2020, then it's proof that racism is dying. I never even looked at Hamilton's skin colour. I don't care but I refuse to watch F1 while this is being driven down our throat. Of everyone here, I bet 99.99999% are against racism. Thing is, most don't feel the need to beat their meat over saying they aren't racist.

So white people can't have an opinion on it? Sounds pretty racist to me! Why even bring his race into it?
But hey since we're doing that let's ask ourselves this, why is it every single article on George Floyd mentions his skin colour, yet 15 people including women and kids get shot outside a funeral home in Chicago and the articles on CNN, NBC, Chicago tribune etc somehow fail to mention that it's mindless black on black violence, and you have to watch the video to see it? Why don't they bring race into it now?
And people have the gall to blame there not being enough of a police presence there to stop it from happening, like it's anyone else's fault if black people can indiscriminately kill other black people. Yet what were BLM campaigning for? Oh yes, defunding the police. What a ridiculous joke the whole thing is.

Funny how no one wants to talk about the criminal record of Floyd either. He was killed unfairly, but the arrest wasn't unwarranted. He has counterfeit money and was about to or was in a drug dealing. He was a very, very bad man who met a very, very bad and unnecessary death.

The updates coming thick and fast now for the best single player experience in racing.

Certainly not for everyone but if you don't know what to expect by now then probably not worth commenting.

If only more driving games/sims could be bothered about the single player experience.

Can we get focused again on the game itself?! Racism or not, this is a website about racing games, not about politics or else. So my question is : did they fix the performance rankings? Or Ferrari is still second? Will they add the new tracks like Mugello and Imola?

Can we get focused again on the game itself?! Racism or not, this is a website about racing games, not about politics or else. So my question is : did they fix the performance rankings? Or Ferrari is still second? Will they add the new tracks like Mugello and Imola?

Dunno about the rankings, but Codemasters have already stated that no further tracks will be added regardless of the tracks used this "season".

I've seen one youtuber on their second season that the engines had pretty much equalised anyway in My team.

This has nothing to do with skin colour. If a manufacturer who supported Hitler in world war 2 and provided equipment that ultimately mean millions of jews died can hire a person of colour in 2020, then it's proof that racism is dying. I never even looked at Hamilton's skin colour. I don't care but I refuse to watch F1 while this is being driven down our throat. Of everyone here, I bet 99.99999% are against racism. Thing is, most don't feel the need to beat their meat over saying they aren't racist.
Many people claim that they aren't racist while having done a very racist act. This isn't just about racism existing in one European sport. It's about stomping racism where it exists in other European sports as well, whether from the fans, or other players. Let us not forget that Europe is where the hatred movement was born after all.

Can we get focused again on the game itself?! So my question is : did they fix the performance rankings? Or Ferrari is still second?

In My Team after the first season, it all depends on how you choose to develop the car. I focused on durability and engine upgrades - it's tricky to keep all the development teams motivated in the early game and part failure is more frequent with poor morale. By the end of the first My Team 22 race season, my chosen Honda engine was rated the fastest (100) and most durable (94) of the engines on offer for Season 2 and the price was also higher to reflect that. You can choose to switch engine supplier each season, I'm not sure if that impacts your upgrades as I've stayed with Honda so far (now in season 3). How fast your car develops will very much depend (early on) on how much you like completing the practice programs - I like them so try and complete them all for each race - and if you do the pace of development is fairly quick, you should have a mid-pack car in the first season and around about best of the rest in Season 2.

As for performance in Season 1 Bottas was WDC and Mercedes were miles ahead of everyone else. The Ferrari's were sometimes fast but had lots of technical problems. By Season 2 Red Bull were 2nd in the constructors, Bottas won WDC once again.

It plays out quite realistically in my view, taking the time to match the AI pace to your own ability gives the best results - eg in Season 1 I matched my pace to the Williams and Haas cars and would qualify in and around them, I often did better in the race though, especially once the durability improvements kicked in.

I've already played 3x as many hours as F1 2019 so I'm enjoying it, so are my friends and the kids so it does have a wide appeal. My Team just makes it all so much more interesting.

Funny how no one wants to talk about the criminal record of Floyd either. He was killed unfairly, but the arrest wasn't unwarranted. He has counterfeit money and was about to or was in a drug dealing.

And for that, he deserved to be choked to death?

I’ve read that b.s. many times recently: « Sure, Floyd was killed. But he was no angel... »

The protests are not about the fact that he was arrested. They are about the fact that he was killed in a cruel way by a cop during his arrest and that he is not the first black man to be killed by choking while under arrest. They’re about the fact that black persons are much more at risk when arrested by cops. They’re about the systemic racism of police departments all over the USA. Get a clue, for Pete’s sake! There are no excuses for what the cops did to Floyd. The fact that he had a record justified nothing. What you wrote is the same as « I’m not racist, but... »

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back