• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

F1 2020 | Take A Deeper Look At The New 'My Team' Feature

kevintaddo10

100RPM
Oct 15, 2018
I suppose the Developers have to keep pushing the boundaries of each new game to keep it interesting,... although it seems to me that some Devs spend more time on the additional animations, almost like a Pixar Movie in the making :confused::roflmao:....than getting decent Wheel implementation, Physics, FFB etc :rolleyes::O_o::redface::roflmao:
they didn't add animations by like 4 years...

• Wow
Reactions: M D Gourley

Gregz0r

50RPM
Aug 21, 2017
I see from the sim within a sim section of the video (1:01), that the triples versus widescreen debate is included in the game. Almost certain to include a cut scene with someone saying "No VR, no buy".
That'll be me then. :roflmao::mad::D

mceci1

250RPM
Jan 18, 2015
One thing this game needs and now that Liberty are so much more relaxed than Eccleston was is a helmet designer. One like what we have in MotoGP. MotoGP navigate the sponsorship issue perfectly. They give you base helmets but then also allow the community to do their own helmets. There is some pretty damn good helmets too. Codemasters must look at this for the F1 game franchise to stay with the times I feel. Do that, and you'll basically have a well rounded career. Probably the only thing that they could add, but something that really doesn't bother me is the option to modify gloves too. Helmets though are a must to make the career feel more immersive.

turbo86

100RPM
Feb 12, 2009
As long as it's not as ridiculously close to fantasy RPG games as WRC8 is....i might just like it. Meaning if "durability" means better construction materials and methods and not just some magic that allows the car to take less damage.
But i would love to have something more than that. A "what if" mode where teams would be able to use different types of engines,tires,transmissions,wheels,aero,etc etc. Sure, a challenge to balance but it did happen in real life so....WHY NOT.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff member
Premium
Sep 29, 2009
Because that kind of game (official F1 management game) is in development, so I guess it wouldn't make sense to put it in 2 place.
Not only that, but seeing as the F1 Manager game is an exclusive (ugh, I hate that) license as well, Codemasters couldn't even if they wanted to.

It's been 13 years since Codemasters did a manager-game, it's just not their thing.

Reactions: Sasha Jednak

michelforest

500RPM
Mar 2, 2010
The first time I am hyped for an F1 game since they moved to the current consoles (although I'm on PC), this seems to be the first time since Codies started the franchise that there seems to be a substantial addition to the game :)
I don't know about that... I thought the addition of Formula 2 last year was a substantial (and welcome) addition.

Ruy Horta

250RPM
Feb 17, 2014
Not only that, but seeing as the F1 Manager game is an exclusive (ugh, I hate that) license as well, Codemasters couldn't even if they wanted to.

It's been 13 years since Codemasters did a manager-game, it's just not their thing.
So they add all this stuff, but AI + accelerated outcome is beyond the scope of the game.
That’s a very arbitrary line.

To be clear I only do hot laps and the occasional AI race. Th whole rpg and F1 Team management game is lost on me. I’d rather see Codemasters spend time on the driving sim part, however I can understand people enjoy a career game with team management etc.

If you continue that reasoning having a full AI race mode is but a very small step towards a full management sim.

Many strategy games allow the player to let the AI perform the battle if they want to.
The one does not have to rule out the other, unless under contractual restrictions.

...but it is not like Codemasters is reading this and will change their game, so enough time wasted on a hypothetical issue.