F1 2020 F1 2020 | Split Screen Multiplayer Trailer Revealed

F1 2020 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Codemasters have today shown off the returning split-screen multiplayer mode within F1 2020 - the first time this local multiplayer mode returns to the F1 franchise following an absence in recent releases.

As well as giving us fans their first look at local this old school style multiplayer option within the title, we also get a glimpse of the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve 2020 style - one of the most popular circuits on the real world Formula One schedule.

F1 2020 is set to release on July 7th for PS4, Xbox One, PC and Google Stadia.

Got questions about the game? Start a new thread at the RaceDepartment F1 2020 sub forum here at RaceDepartment, and let the community help you out!

Splitscreen_Austria_01.jpg

Last edited:
I only tried the 2010 version when it came out. Arcade game, so not interested, and the following versions people still say it's just an arcade Sim.

But, what about the graphics, how do you like it compared to ACC and AMS 2?

I only tried the 2010 version when it came out. Arcade game, so not interested, and the following versions people still say it's just an arcade Sim.

But, what about the graphics, how do you like it compared to ACC and AMS 2?

To be fair, the game has evolved quite a lot since the original 2010 release. As for the arcade sim… Well, that's highly debatable, I don't even know what people mean by "arcade" and "sim" anymore. These words are mentioned so often and in so many different ways that they are getting meaningless.

The graphics are good, maybe not as good as ACC. I wish they used more vivid colours however.

I'd rather it have the ability to use a rear view mirror. I have no choice but to use a single screen and side mirror are pathetic
Seriously, the decision to not include a virtual mirror is just so baffling. It might be the main reason I've never really bothered with the games. It just feels horrible to not be able to see behind yourself, especially with their suicidal AI. I don't even see the side mirrors in my view.

Edit: Yes, didn't notice the posts about the fact it's now in the game. Took them long enough.

Last edited:
Forget about VR, the future is clearly split screen, the feature nobody knew they needed. Impressive, Codemaster are such visionaries.

I hate this split screen idea, too many distractions going on and would never use it for doing live racing, maybe for doing replays. I do cockpit view only and would use the virtual mirror mentioned with either a lage single screen, triple screens, or VR any day over this split screen view.

Edited - Changed again, I guess there is a Virtual mirror in the game, which is great.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing