F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021

Misc F1 2020 Performance mod for 2021 1.9 FINAL

Login or Register an account to download this content
EnriqueBanderas submitted a new resource:

2021 Performance mod (BETA) - F1 2020 performance mod 2021 + realistic damage + less drag on straights

Performance mod 2021 BETA VERSION

Hello guys! This is my first attempt in creating a performance mod ever in my life as I want to reflect the values of the first 2 races of 2021. This is not a finished mod, more of a beta for anyone who would like to test it, so any feedback or opinion is more than welcome. I am having fun with this mod although I know it must and can be improved so I decided to share it with You.

(Please, if you have issues with this...

Read more about this resource...

I'm slowly now. How do install that mod? Help, please.
Hi Zambrozzi, did you check the Modular Mods resource link? It is a great way to use mods.

If you prefer not to do that, you can use EGO erp archive to manually import the raw xml files.

Maybe later I will add a readme tutorial and also a simple copy-paste version when I will have the time after work!

looking forward to trying this out. i've been working on my own for a little while but never found a slipstream effect i liked.
About dirty air and slipstream, I did try different versions and I could provide them in the near future.

I have lots of fun with the original StrongestFish values although they are not aiming to realism with their 1.7 downforce when following. I actually like that in the original game with 0.85 you are actually bothered by dirty air that makes you lose 15% downforce when following.

I read other opinions that in order to have a realistic experience you should have a 0.55-0.7 dirty air effect so you will lose between 30 to 45% downforce, I did try it but sometimes realism isn't equal to fun.

I thought that bringing instead the drag value from 0.9 to 0.85 will help slipstreaming a little bit, as in real life I perceive it very effective. Also it will help balance things out with the a.i., that as per David Greco, codemasters car handilng designer, uses default setups with lower aero compared to the player. Of course this less drag applies also to the a.i. but still...

About dirty air and slipstream, I did try different versions and I could provide them in the near future.

I have lots of fun with the original StrongestFish values although they are not aiming to realism with their 1.7 downforce when following. I actually like that in the original game with 0.85 you are actually bothered by dirty air that makes you lose 15% downforce when following.

I read other opinions that in order to have a realistic experience you should have a 0.55-0.7 dirty air effect so you will lose between 30 to 45% downforce, I did try it but sometimes realism isn't equal to fun.

I thought that bringing instead the drag value from 0.9 to 0.85 will help slipstreaming a little bit, as in real life I perceive it very effective. Also it will help balance things out with the a.i., that as per David Greco, codemasters car handilng designer, uses default setups with lower aero compared to the player. Of course this less drag applies also to the a.i. but still...
Will give this mod a try and revert back mate

this mod is very beautiful, but testing it I found that:
Ferrari is too slow, most of the time it fights for the 9 or 10 position.
Aston martin is too strong but Stroll is ok, Seb sometimes finished fifth.
Mclaren ok,
mercedes and red bull ok but in all the races I have tried he has always won hamilton even if vestappen was almost always second close to him.
Alpine slightly too strong.
alpha tauri is not the fifth force.
And the haas is almost always ahead of the williams.

I think this mod is very improvable, if you need to test the mod I'm available!

Good mod! May I ask how the variation in car performance will affect career savings/new career progessions? Will cars still develop even tho the UI is not updated and reflective of the real car performance? Is there a way to know which car is the most performing one, for expample, after 1 or 2 seasons?

this mod is very beautiful, but testing it I found that:
Ferrari is too slow, most of the time it fights for the 9 or 10 position.
Aston martin is too strong but Stroll is ok, Seb sometimes finished fifth.
Mclaren ok,
mercedes and red bull ok but in all the races I have tried he has always won hamilton even if vestappen was almost always second close to him.
Alpine slightly too strong.
alpha tauri is not the fifth force.
And the haas is almost always ahead of the williams.

I think this mod is very improvable, if you need to test the mod I'm available!
Hi, are you sure you installed the mod correctly? Because the results you give me remind me of the original game and are opposite to what it should be. In my testing Haas was last and it respected the purpose descripted on the mod.

I will double check though.

I also had another feedback concerning Alphatauri being constantly p12-11 so if somebody else noticed that please let me know.

Good mod! May I ask how the variation in car performance will affect career savings/new career progessions? Will cars still develop even tho the UI is not updated and reflective of the real car performance? Is there a way to know which car is the most performing one, for expample, after 1 or 2 seasons?
Thank you for your feedback! Car improvements were not affected by this mod. The improvements work as multipliers so even if you apply the mod to existing saves, the new performance should work as a baseline and every car kept its own multipliers.

EnriqueBanderas updated 2021 Performance mod (BETA) with a new update entry:

Added regular version (only performance) and copypaste versions

Now the mod comes in 2 versions, 1 with StrongestFish damage mod + modified drag under slipstreaming, the 2nd version instead only performance mod with original drag and damage.

Also added a brief readme in the archive and simple copypaste versions for those of You who do not use skin mods or Modularmods templates or do not want to mess around with ERP archiver.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ferrari is a little bit to good. A Battle between AlphaTauri,McLaren, Ferrari for the 3rd best Team is realistic
Thanks Fabo, which tracks did you try? McLaren should be stronger in engine circuits while Ferrari would be better in technical and aero tracks. How did you find AlphaTauri? If many feedbacks tell me they are too weak I already have some ideas on how to tweak it.

I think that also the drivers overalls need to be considered, as Vettel and Leclerc have a very high rating in-game, while Gasly is lower than in my opinion is in reality. McLaren drivers are solid in game but they have lower rating compared to Leclerc and Vettel.

But after I will get the right amount of feedbacks I will take note of all opinions and study a new version to make things more balanced. Other races will follow from my part as tests and I will publish my impressions here. Thank you for the support

Last edited:
Mercedes: Perfect
Red Bull: Verstappen perfect, Perez to slow(because Albons Rating)
McLaren: Perfect
Ferrari: to fast, Leclerc ok, Sainz to fast(because Vettels Rating)
Aston Martin: Perfect
AlphaTauri: to slow, try to give AlphaTauri the old RedBull One, but with Merc Power
Alpine: little bit to slow, Alonso to fast(because Ricciardos Rating), Ocon perfect
Alfa Romeo: to slow, in Real-Life they are fighting for points in both races
Williams: perfect, but Latifi to slow(because Latifis Rating)

My Team Ranking:

Red Bull
Mercedes

McLaren
AlphaTauri
Ferrari

Alpine

Alfa Romeo
Williams

Haas

And the qualifiying gaps are to big. In Real-Life was Ocon in 9th 0.8 seconds behind Hamilton.

Last edited:
Mercedes: Perfect
Red Bull: Verstappen perfect, Perez to slow(because Albons Rating)
McLaren: Perfect
Ferrari: to fast, Leclerc ok, Sainz to fast(because Vettels Rating)
Aston Martin: Perfect
AlphaTauri: to slow, try to give AlphaTauri the old RedBull One, but with Merc Power
Alpine: little bit to slow, Alonso to fast(because Ricciardos Rating), Ocon perfect
Alfa Romeo: to slow, in Real-Life they are fighting for points in both races
Williams: perfect, but Latifi to slow(because Latifis Rating)

My Team Ranking:

Red Bull
Mercedes

McLaren
AlphaTauri
Ferrari

Alpine

Alfa Romeo
Williams

Haas

And the qualifiying gaps are to big. In Real-Life was Ocon in 9th 0.8 seconds behind Hamilton.
Thank you so much, I will keep this into consideration. About qualifying gaps I'm afraid I cannot do anything about it, as the purpose is not of replicating what you see in real life but just to rebalance things out in the field.

If Ferrari is too fast and if I receive multiple feedbacks about it, I already have a workaround in mind, and if AlphaTauri is confirmed by many people to be too slow I think I will give them Renault's performance (but without higher tier engine despite Alphatauri having the same engine of Red Bull: before publishing the mod, when I gave Alphatauri the Renault performance, which as per my calculation is too good to be in the midfield with an awesome aero and almost no drag, by giving them the top tier engine was too much performance, talking about Gasly constantly being P4-P5 which was not realistic to me). Also giving Alphatauri the Red Bull performance would not work, as Mercedes and Red Bull performance remained the same, I only gave Red Bull a boost to the engine so they could compete with Merc.

Thank You about Alfa Romeo, this was one of my doubts and will try to come up with something on a next update!

About single drivers ratings, I cannot modify them and would not consider them to be too relevant, as I have to think about the experience for the player also; rebalancing performances considering driver ratings could provide a side effect that if the player chooses a nerfed Ferrari because Leclerc and Vettel have a higher rating thay cannot keep up with the a.i. and instead of fighting for podiums or important positions they have to settle to the points. It's complicated haha!

Last edited:
I have made private performace mod, there i gave AlphaTauri RedBull with Merc Engine, they were always around 5th to 8th. Because of the low driver Ratings.
I understand, thank you. This overall rating for the driver are a pain, and this is something I would like to avoid because if a player chooses to play as Alphatauri at their usual difficulty level they will be constantly fighting for the win.

Mod is beautiful. One race in Bahrain and these were results:
1. Leclerc
2. Hamilton
3. Me (Alfa Romeo)
4. Ricciardo
5. Perez
6. Gasly
7. Stroll
8. Sainz
9. Norris
10. Vettel
11. Tsunoda
12. Ocon
13. Alonso
14. Kimi
15. Verstappen (He got wing damage on turn 1 and 10 second penalty after that)
16. Russel
17. Mick
18. Mazepin
19. Latifi
20. Giovinazzi (DNF, got hit by Verstappen)

I'll update on the future races

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 373 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%